• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Will this server surive the re-release of retail vanilla wow?

Inclave

Well as the title says (Will this server surive the re-release of retail vanilla wow? ) Ive played on Kronos for some years now and ive really enjoyed my time here but im worried that the server will just vanish as the chatter ingame is most players are gonna go back to retail. This will be sad times.
Do you guys think they will come back or is this the end?

Kronos is not going anywhere. We have been adding to the GM team and are working on a TBC server, where you will be able to port your Vanilla toons to the TBC server or start fresh. Kronos I will stick around for those that do not want to go to TBC.

That's awesome to hear! Is there any chance that Blizzard could do anything to shut private servers down? At the moment they probably have little incentive to do so, but upon releasing WoW Classic, maybe they'll want to get rid of other options that are preventing them from making money?

I don't know how any of the back end stuff works so I'm just curious!

That's awesome to hear! Is there any chance that Blizzard could do anything to shut private servers down? At the moment they probably have little incentive to do so, but upon releasing WoW Classic, maybe they'll want to get rid of other options that are preventing them from making money?

Blizzard has been trying to shut down private servers for years, which is why most emulators are hosted in places where the USA is told to get fucked.

No theres nothing Blizzard can do to shut down the servers for Kronos, they are located out of the US and not subject to any takedown notices.

I am looking to start playing in this server.I want to play Vanilla , so I want to ask you fellas which realm should I join.K3 is going TBC from what I see, so should I join the first one?

No theres nothing Blizzard can do to shut down the servers for Kronos, they are located out of the US and not subject to any takedown notices.

Actually they can, as long as the server is not hosted (or operated) in (from) Russia or China. In EU intellectual property is not an insult. And all private servers are by their nature illegal - they do not have licence from owner of intellectual rights.

However, they will not shut it down, because you do not use a cannon to kill a small bug. It is not cost effective and money is all that Activision whores care about.

I am looking to start playing in this server.I want to play Vanilla , so I want to ask you fellas which realm should I join.K3 is going TBC from what I see, so should I join the first one?

They merged K1 and K3. So there is only one server.

I can emagine those of us, that are staying, wouldn't go to retail if they shut down Kronos. I know i wouldn't

So, what is the state of the server atm? How many people are playing? Is it still possible to raid?

Ive been shoving guild invs at every stray guildless lowbie I see, impromptu leveling guild. Been under 2 weeks since creation.

Peak online players was 65 or so and I havent logged in today. Very many players will decline invite as well. The population is growing back, best analogy is a forest growing back after a fire, but our seedlings (fresh and some returning players) need reassurance to stick around.

Chero, Flash, Jeniczek (are you still here?) Take note, consider reimplementing server messages re: server staying online thru official release, ktbc plans, donation shop

Playerbase will eat itself (gankers,trolls) if the level cap players arent proactive enough to support the new waves of 'refugees'
People looking for a new server who choose this realmlist over the very many made available.

I believe the population base is at its lowest point right now. I also think it will grow back. I am of the mind that Classic will wear on some players quicker than many would have thought it would. Already there is some dissension about the game being 'too easy'. I expect the server numbers to slightly increase from month to month here.

I also expect that Blizzard will ultimately 'go somewhere' with the Classic theme. So that means a rehash of TBC, and then WotLK. And why not? People are paying for it, Qing up for it. It is money in their pockets for very old content. And that means Blizzard (however you want to define Blizzard now) will do what they do, which is kinda screw stuff up down the road. It is just their way. They will have their retail version that holds certain players, and they will have a 'progression track game', which is Classic right now.

IOW, this is the High Water mark for the Classic theme.

well am in a guild (Banished) and we have 50-80 ppl online 24/7 and i saw that the server is having it life back the world chat start growing (horde side) the thing is that there is a lot of levelers if only the lvl 60s have something to make it alive like organizing raids and all it would be back to normal in no time

Had a blast playing Kronos 3 so I hope people return or a new fresh vanilla realm is released. Classic is such a garbage product.

Had a blast playing Kronos 3 so I hope people return or a new fresh vanilla realm is released. Classic is such a garbage product.
You must be joking or be lying to yourself. xD

Your comment reminds me of this:

1200-610491-32144454-37404752.jpg

This server will not survive if it does fresh and gets rid of current Cata realm or make this Cata realm into mop, that will be death of server.

I'm a brand new player to this server, I'm too casual to play wow classic but the release of the game itself is what brought me here as I haven't played for like a decade.

So far the server seems decent, however I'm confused as a new player why the server would completely restrict me up until level 15 to ask for help or guidance on the world chat. Im still torn whether to play horde or ally as I'm currently leveling a toon on each side (which faction need more players and what classes are In demand?)

As I'm a casual player it would be nice to see ways to donate to help get a mount etc, not asking for a pay to win mechanic or anything but it would be nice to know of another way to help with the grind that I probably won't have as much time for as others.

How is the server population at the moment? I often do the /who in ironforge and ogrim and see around 30-40 people but that obviously doesn't give me a clear insight into the server overall numbers for each faction.

Also, while I'm here...any information for a new player that may not be that clear that I'd benefit from hearing?

So far the server seems decent, however I'm confused as a new player why the server would completely restrict me up until level 15 to ask for help or guidance on the world chat. Im still torn whether to play horde or ally as I'm currently leveling a toon on each side (which faction need more players and what classes are In demand?)

People used first 15 levels to create bots to spam chat, so it was created by Blizzard already, to not be able to type on chat in 1-14 level range, so the leveling of additional character, potential bot, will take time.
You can join Apollo Discord instead and ask there, tho beware for trolls. They are everywhere.

As I'm a casual player it would be nice to see ways to donate to help get a mount etc, not asking for a pay to win mechanic or anything but it would be nice to know of another way to help with the grind that I probably won't have as much time for as others.

Gladly on this server there are no p2w mechanics. Only a mount and other things, all else need to be farmed, grinded, gained. Require time, skill, knowledge.

How is the server population at the moment? I often do the /who in ironforge and ogrim and see around 30-40 people but that obviously doesn't give me a clear insight into the server overall numbers for each faction.

Population in peaks is like 1000-1500 , not so bad, not so great. Tho actually viable population to play with is kinda different, you will see it once you get through leveling and all.

Also, while I'm here...any information for a new player that may not be that clear that I'd benefit from hearing?

Millions of informations like that.

1. You can enlarge World Map and see zones for level, so you know if it is wise to level up there or is it good to swap already.
2. AddOns are player made additions to game that change your UI and give you special features to enhance gameplay, making it better, easier, funnier. You can change how ingame UI looks like, make bags more visible and easier to manage, have profession helpers, auctioneers and other features, but you need to discover addons mostly yourself.
3. Try not to trust too much to strangers, they often aren't viable.
4. Remember levels for mounts . 20 level - basic riding, 40 lvl - advanced, 60 lvl - expert + flying license. You those to be able to fly as soon as possible, they cost overall about 600-700 gold(tho overall faction standings affect the price).
5. You should wear main city tabard(at first) while going into dungeons, so you gain reputation with them. Orgrimmar/Stormwind(Fuk the alliance).
6. It is best to investigate your class while you level, but great to know what you are aiming for. Looking for a Guide online is best way to get help understanding your class and you should look for one for cataclysm at your class. Can't give links here, because against the rules to advertise other wwws. Tho you could use talent calculator + glyph and overall class guide
7. you can get 14 slot bags from a vendor in main city, for about 11 gold, cheapest bag you can get yourself, unless some promotions on auction house.
8. Remember to check items you drop with CTRL+LeftClick , to preview it on your character. Some items look great, you might want to save them for later use as "costume"(it's called Transmogrification/xmog) or might want to sell those. Sometimes they cost fortune.
9. Whenever you are on "expansion ending" you should actually swap zones. Meaning, that it is best to go into outlands at 58, into northrend at 68. Only exception is cata, when you need full 80 level to have any quests in it. Why you should swap as fast? New zone has bigger experience gains and items you get there give huge amounts of stats.

And many, many more. This is offtopic anyway. I hope I helped anyhow tho.

@vlnid This thread is related to twinstar’s vanilla realm, Kronos, not Apollo. Your comment is irrelevant, sorry.

Anyway... the reason to why newly created characters can not type in public channels is to prevent bots from advertising their websites. We do not share the server population with the public.

Thanks for your quick responses especially Vlnid, that's extremely helpful, this server is capped at 60 though right? I personally don't want to go any further than that as I personally just want the classic/vanilla wow experience.

Which factions needs more players ally or horde? And any specific race/class combo under represented? Reason why I ask if because I don't mind playing anything and I would prefer to play something I get least competition with for loot and places in dungeons due to my casual play style.

@vlnid This thread is related to twinstar’s vanilla realm, Kronos, not Apollo. Your comment is irrelevant, sorry.

Anyway... the reason to why newly created characters can not type in public channels is to prevent bots from advertising their websites. We do not share the server population with the public.

Why is that even here tho? Should be option to not display Kronos at all, it's annoying, and Vanilla/classic were just bad so... :p

Thanks for your quick responses especially Vlnid, that's extremely helpful, this server is capped at 60 though right? I personally don't want to go any further than that as I personally just want the classic/vanilla wow experience.

- Yes, it is 60 lvl capped as it is Vanilla.
- Half of those things I posted earlier might not be relevant, especially questing, in Vanilla it was different.
- Best to still look for a guide on internet that will tell you where to go and what to do.
- Xmog is not a thing in Vanilla. Everyone looks ugly.
- Expansion ending is not a thing in Vanilla, you stricly level to 60 any way possible with super hard grind at 55-60
- There is no flying at all, you need to use flight path
- PvP is mostly oneshots, there is no real balance.
- PvE is on weird rules and people are there to be only ressing other people for example, there are many interesting things, but really irritating same time.
- Classwise, there is huge imbalance.

Only rewarding thing about Vanilla is that everything is hard so it feels more rewarding when you achieve anything.

Overall I do not suggest playing this expansion as it is most imbalanced and not worth any player time expansion that was in WoW. It was great only because it was only MMORPG alive at that time.
But still, that is your choice to make :)

Tho still if you find right people to play with, you can make memorable and amazing time out there.

Vlnid, why not fuck off rather than come to a part of the forum specifically for the vanilla server just to whine about how you don't like vanilla? Seriously stop being a retard.

The only way to get thousands of players again is a fresh vanilla server. The players are dying for one - so many people would play. You can leave the current server up and eventually merge again when the new one progresses, but it's the sad truth about player psychology that everyone wants to start over again and again

Top Bottom