• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Paladin Any class bugs I dhould know about?

TheFishyOne

Like the tirle says. I think I foundbone, Consecrate does not seem to be benefitting from JotC. Do I have any more volunteers?

Drakova (& Esfand) doesn't play here, how does asking someone who haven't and doesn't play on Kronos help?

Also, it works, but "loss of control" (cc) removes reckstacks.

Additionally, see twinstar kronos bugtracker.

Well its a paladin so in general is a bug with being too easy of a class and being looked down upon by the majority since ancient times ;)
and if ur speaking of consecration you would know just by checking twinhead that its been ready for over half a month ^^
https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=11762
that one is not getting applied until the mid screen "resist" message is showing, there is also another bug related to consecration:
https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=11635
and far more related to paladins

That is the case for a lot of things... quite pessimistic aint ya ? ^^

Anyways if you wish to cry a river then do not forget to inform people about how unfortunate pet users are... heck hunters & warlocks are 10 times worse off than paladins if we are considering bugs...

also if the coefficient is 0.33 or 0.04125 per tick then according to theorycraft its working correctly

Theorycraft 1.06.5 - 2006-11-02
Spelldata.lua
{ id="Consecration", percent=1/3, dodps=1, aoe=1, basedotduration=8, dontdomax=1, isdot=1,
Schools={ "All", "Damage", "Holy" } },

anyways as long as you have bubble + heartstone or bubble + engineering i doubt there is anything that should prove to even be remotely hard as a paladin XD

huh ? who's killerduki now i am curious ^^

if its being biased ? sure i am biased as fack however that is only after comparing all the servers back before i joined kronos, heck i used to be tester for quite a few servers but none could keep my interrest as they where all there for self interrest and they where unstable focusing on advertising over actually stabilizing & fixing stuff... now being such a petty & critical fella would i be so biased towards a server that i joined 3½ years ago ? heck no :D

anyways take a look at the bug tracker, oh and keep in mind there are around 2000+ cases that are hidden from common eyes ;)
heck my eyes are also commoner eyes as i am not a tester anymore so i can actually use all my free time to play on K3 contrary to how K1 & K2 where i had to use some of my time to test & search :)

That is the case for a lot of things... quite pessimistic aint ya ? ^^

Anyways if you wish to cry a river then do not forget to inform people about how unfortunate pet users are... heck hunters & warlocks are 10 times worse off than paladins if we are considering bugs...

also if the coefficient is 0.33 or 0.04125 per tick then according to theorycraft its working correctly

Theorycraft 1.06.5 - 2006-11-02
Spelldata.lua

anyways as long as you have bubble + heartstone or bubble + engineering i doubt there is anything that should prove to even be remotely hard as a paladin XD
just disprove my posts in the bug report if u think those numbers are watertight

xdddd bubble is so damn strong for a ret paladin, just wow those 7-8s swing timers during bubble sure are overpowered

a lot of bugs for the other classes have been and are favourable, warlock succubus bugs for example and i guess hunters have it extremely bad because their pets cant go to a few obscure places but meanwhile they can scatter shot people out of the world if the person is mid air, same applies for warlock with fear / death coil.

are warlocks really 10x worse off when they can keep someone in seduce without a chance of the player resisting it?

i guess i can just sum this up with "xd" for u

xdddd bubble is so damn strong for a ret paladin, just wow those 7-8s swing timers during bubble sure are overpowered
Main aspect of the bubble is immortality and that it cleanses every negative effect, casting is completely inhindered and as ret if you absolutely wish to use it for dmg rather than heal back to 100% from 20% then use the death ray as the shield also cancels out the blood sacrifice cost...

warlocks are worse off due to the pet ai and the fact that enslave demon by itself still has 12, up to 18 issues left depending on what the state of those 6 are after the retest... that many minor issues all around 1 spell... lets not forget about the guardian demons not dealing correct dmg, curse of shadow has errors, rituals have errors, spellstone has errors, pet pathing, couple class quests bug, phase shift, fire shield, and then we have the eye of killrog which has 7 small errors...

those are just listing the most well known warlock issues... oh and seduction cost atm is too high... https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=4723
and please dont compare death coil/fear with bubble... yes death coil is strong i won't deny but it only helps versus a single source and limted duration and can be prevented or reflected... bubble prevents all, even a boss cannot do a thing while it lasts...

Seduce can be resisted & reflected & interrupted, yes its an issue that it has no heartbeat but you cannot keep in on eternally due to diminishing returns... the heartbeat is a case that is confirmed but lets consider how many bugs locks have to begin with its gonna be awhile...

try be a little less pessimistic & hostile ^^

Main aspect of the bubble is immortality and that it cleanses every negative effect, casting is completely inhindered and as ret if you absolutely wish to use it for dmg rather than heal back to 100% from 20% then use the death ray as the shield also cancels out the blood sacrifice cost...

warlocks are worse off due to the pet ai and the fact that enslave demon by itself still has 12, up to 18 issues left depending on what the state of those 6 are after the retest... that many minor issues all around 1 spell... lets not forget about the guardian demons not dealing correct dmg, curse of shadow has errors, rituals have errors, spellstone has errors, pet pathing, couple class quests bug, phase shift, fire shield, and then we have the eye of killrog which has 7 small errors...

those are just listing the most well known warlock issues... oh and seduction cost atm is too high... https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=4723
and please dont compare death coil/fear with bubble... yes death coil is strong i won't deny but it only helps versus a single source and limted duration and can be prevented or reflected... bubble prevents all, even a boss cannot do a thing while it lasts...

Seduce can be resisted & reflected & interrupted, yes its an issue that it has no heartbeat but you cannot keep in on eternally due to diminishing returns... the heartbeat is a case that is confirmed but lets consider how many bugs locks have to begin with its gonna be awhile...

try be a little less pessimistic & hostile ^^
bubble is a support cd and in 1v1s it just means both u and ur target have time to heal up to full. u cant use death ray when under bop or bubble unless they fixed that, not to mention all the issues related to them.

warlock pet ai generally doesn't matter, you use succubus to seduce and seduce alone, felhunter requires more skill to use and u dont randomly send it in.. enslave demon has little to no impact on anything. are guardian demons dealing too much or too little damage? what is specifically bugged with cos? the only bug report about it is a global bug which affects all spells. the only remaining spellstone bug report has no sources just most of the stuff you mentioned. sure the seduction may cost 25% more than it should but no heartbeat has a far greater impact on pvp than that has.

bubble prevents all, even a boss cannot do a thing while it lasts...
bubble doesn't do anything against most of the bosses mechanics in naxxramas, even in pvp you can be damaged through it and fearie fire for example can be applied.

bubble is a support cd and in 1v1s it just means both u and ur target have time to heal up to full.
first of all not all have healing abilities and to heal while a paladin heals is not the same as he can simply cast an instant stun when he feels like it and the element of surprise is on the paladins side... you are rather defensive and search for nothing on twinhead...
CoS is bugged in the manner that it has no affect on projectiles already in the air when cast but thats one of the smaller bugs... in fact its related to your bubble as to why bubble cannot prevent what was fired before its activation but as said its not the biggest problem.

also the divine shield is not ur only immortality... blessing of protection makes you immune to melee and does not come with any penalty to melee, heck you could use both if you drag out the fight and the 2nd could be used to heartstone if the fights lost anyways...

worst case you can even use lay on hands... long cd and uses whatever mana you have left but even if all you have is 100 mana its still enough to grant you a 100% heal instantly...

Do you have any idea how much of a game changer it is to have 1 class who can turn absolutely immortal and ignore all consequence ?... Please don't tell me it requires a high amount of "skill" to bubble when damaged critically and then heal back up while stunning if the enemy tries to heal... you can use the deathray without any consequence along with the goblin sapper without consequence, it dispels every negative effect and makes you immortal towards all negativity for its duration... yes faerie fire is a bug which eventually gets solved but it hardly does anything on its own. Bubble can be cast at any time when you make a mistake in raids or when you are about to die and can be used to heal, escape & stabilize your footing in a fight and even damage should you have the tools...

bubble doesn't do anything against most of the bosses mechanics in naxxramas
On the contrary ;) it has some bugs here & there still yes but it still removes threat for its duration. For warlocks the stronger effect is caused by pet bugs, especially the guardian pets who deal less than 50% of their actual damage... imagine an infernal that tickles... the spellstone bug is that it cannot be used while you have a well fed effect don't tell me you believe well fed should prevent class abilities as now ur just turning silly...

Heartbeat i already agreed was an issue heck i was the one who told you about the mechanics name -.-
You also informed me that you know of no other means by which cc could possibly break early... anyways you should lookup "diminishing returns".

Seduce can also be resisted, interrupted & reflected

Anyways back to the point... Concecration is getting 1 fix and the other case most likely gets a fix soon once sufficient evidence is gathered as to how it functions, its primary purpose is aoe aggro anyways or revealing stealth targets.

eitherway the most critical cases have long been solved and your fear towards seduce is quite exagerated ^^ lookup the mechanic called diminishing returns and you should feel more at ease ;)

don't exagerate small bugs ^^

Last edited:
first of all not all have healing abilities and to heal while a paladin heals is not the same as he can simply cast an instant stun when he feels like it and the element of surprise is on the paladins side... you are rather defensive and search for nothing on twinhead...
CoS is bugged in the manner that it has no affect on projectiles already in the air when cast but thats one of the smaller bugs... in fact its related to your bubble as to why bubble cannot prevent what was fired before its activation but as said its not the biggest problem.

also the divine shield is not ur only immortality... blessing of protection makes you immune to melee and does not come with any penalty to melee, heck you could use both if you drag out the fight and the 2nd could be used to heartstone if the fights lost anyways...

worst case you can even use lay on hands... long cd and uses whatever mana you have left but even if all you have is 100 mana its still enough to grant you a 100% heal instantly...

Do you have any idea how much of a game changer it is to have 1 class who can turn absolutely immortal and ignore all consequence ?... Please don't tell me it requires a high amount of "skill" to bubble when damaged critically and then heal back up while stunning if the enemy tries to heal... you can use the deathray without any consequence along with the goblin sapper without consequence, it dispels every negative effect and makes you immortal towards all negativity for its duration... yes faerie fire is a bug which eventually gets solved but it hardly does anything on its own. Bubble can be cast at any time when you make a mistake in raids or when you are about to die and can be used to heal, escape & stabilize your footing in a fight and even damage should you have the tools...

On the contrary ;) it has some bugs here & there still yes but it still removes threat for its duration. For warlocks the stronger effect is caused by pet bugs, especially the guardian pets who deal less than 50% of their actual damage... imagine an infernal that tickles... the spellstone bug is that it cannot be used while you have a well fed effect don't tell me you believe well fed should prevent class abilities as now ur just turning silly...

Heartbeat i already agreed was an issue heck i was the one who told you about the mechanics name -.-
You also informed me that you know of no other means by which cc could possibly break early... anyways you should lookup "diminishing returns".

Seduce can also be resisted, interrupted & reflected

Anyways back to the point... Concecration is getting 1 fix and the other case most likely gets a fix soon once sufficient evidence is gathered as to how it functions, its primary purpose is aoe aggro anyways or revealing stealth targets.

eitherway the most critical cases have long been solved and your fear towards seduce is quite exagerated ^^ lookup the mechanic called diminishing returns and you should feel more at ease ;)

don't exagerate small bugs ^^
you mention these things as if they all are some instant win buttons when they all have penalties and as if you magically win if you hearthstone out however that does not excuse your deficiency. the cos bug is part of a global bug which affects every class and not warlock in particular.

Do you have any idea how much of a game changer it is to have 1 class who can turn absolutely immortal and ignore all consequence ?
ok u have no idea what u are talking about if u dont realize that basically resets the fight to the opponents advantage and you just wasted your most useful group support cd. regarding pve a lot of boss mechanics ignore divine shield, sapphiron blizzard for example has a chance to do so. deathray itself is bugged so ofc u bring that up.

gz u mentioned the name of a mechanic both i and the developers knew which yet again added nothing as usual.
DR reduces duration and does not cause CC to break early so once again u bring up irrelevant shit

there are a lot more paladin bugs for example: BoF not breaking an already cast mind flay(shapeshift does but not bop, trinkets, fap or similar effects that break slow), can't bop flag carriers (still a rbg strategy on retail), weapon damage modifiers not affecting seals/judgement, low soc delay resulting in seal twisting is not reliably possible, can't judge command under bop, consecration holy sp coefficient. sure these may seem insignificant but it's the whole offensive damage and tactical arsenal a paladin has.

regarding pve a lot of boss mechanics ignore divine shield, sapphiron blizzard for example has a chance to do so. deathray itself is bugged so ofc u bring that up.
Sapphiron its becourse its activated before the shield kinda like how a pyroblast has already been cast but has not landed and its related to the CoS bug which functions similar atm

gz u mentioned the name of a mechanic both i and the developers knew which yet again
please don't flatter yourself... you already confirmed that you did not know... but man you sure are hostile....

I never said it was insignificant but sure you desire to make everything seem like some kind of emo story... anyways those are not the entire arsenal of a paladin...

Hammer of Wrath
Hammer of Justice
Blessing of Freedom (flag carriers best friend ;) paladin + druid is good for flag carrying)
Repentance (yup its a talent but ur speaking of ret paladin so this should be quite adequite to bring up)
Cleanse

those are quite usefull tools when dealing with enemy players and thats without counting in the flexible aura's... Seal twisting is great yes but so is totem twisting and WF has been bugged for quite awhile already which affects more than just one class so please don't make it sound like the world is or has ended i do not know how to play the violin.

tumblr_lmputme3co1qa6q7k_large.png

How or why did this turn into a general gameplay advice thread from a class bug thread?

Sapphiron its becourse its activated before the shield kinda like how a pyroblast has already been cast but has not landed and its related to the CoS bug which functions similar atm
Except that's not how it works, mid air spells do not deal damage if you bubble them.
please don't flatter yourself... you already confirmed that you did not know... but man you sure are hostile....
https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=11878 of course you try to turn around what would have been your only redeeming post, which of course is a lie.
I never said it was insignificant but sure you desire to make everything seem like some kind of emo story... anyways those are not the entire arsenal of a paladin...
Yet again you fail to comprehend or register keywords of the sentence.

Hang on, Hang on

https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=6701 Curse of Shadows

Says reopened, under grounds that it does not apply to Curse of Elements, but this is a global bug still?
Is CoS patched with a fix-it that leaves all other curse/spell scenarios wanting?

Why is it not stated there on the report itself, why is there not a dedicated bug report for this issue of projectiles and immunities if it exists?

I haven't taken the time to test CoE like I did CoS, can anyone confirm/deny this to spare me some time? Assuming the bug report is off.
Also, there is no report for CoE.
This affects pvp in the sense of tossing off say, a soul fire with a CoE at the tail end to affect the target before impact.

idk these class bugs and itemization patches really fuck with my class choice.

I wanted to roll Orc Warlock to improve my pvp and pet micro, as well as feel the changes of 2018 vs 2015 server release, but I might as well roll an Orc Rogue aiming for T1 over the downgraded caster pvp set and comparatively less fixes.

Which is a bummer.

Sorry for derailing a little bit.
Paladins do seem like they could use a little more love, but it's in my opinion warlocks are the most broken as they rely on their pets for survival far, far more than a hunter would.

@OP: Glad you found your bone man

About Killerduki:
Some guy/tester that has been playing across various servers that fought hard for non-blizzlike and beneficial paladin fixes even against the fiercest opposition. Known for very TL;DR posts, very much like your format, Cr0wl0ck

Last edited:
Except that's not how it works, mid air spells do not deal damage if you bubble them.
I already agreed on that point with you...
CoS is bugged in the manner that it has no affect on projectiles already in the air when cast but thats one of the smaller bugs

https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=11878 of course you try to turn around what would have been your only redeeming post, which of course is a lie.

why would i have to redeem myself ? who died and made you king ?... if anything i wasted a couple seconds informing you of heartbeat and then asking if you possibly had another source to your post which is quite standard as the other source was from tbc... all of the heartbeat cases had long discussions and a lot of sources proving how they functioned as there are some oddities among them, not my choice in the end.

Anyways this has derailed quite a bit now and ill end it with this...

Hang on, Hang on

https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=6701 Curse of Shadows

Says reopened, under grounds that it does not apply to Curse of Elements, but this is a global bug still?
Is CoS patched with a fix-it that leaves all other curse/spell scenarios wanting?

Why is it not stated there on the report itself, why is there not a dedicated bug report for this issue of projectiles and immunities if it exists?

Not everything is visible to you unless you are part of the team, they are not really hidden but not shown in the normal filter either but you can still see them from time to time linked to spells or npc's like Fear. Internal cases discuss things that could be abused and thus they are hidden while they get solved, this particular case if i remember correctly was in regards to how & when fear breaks so not really internal material if you go by-the-book but some people mark internal for other reasons such as its only for team for example and then there are new members who think internal means its more important and then accidentally label them like that ;)

I hope that answered your question ^^

idk these class bugs and itemization patches really fuck with my class choice.

Either make an alt or bite the bullet and decide to go full force regardless ^^ to beat others against the odds often feels better :)
Personally i will go warrior not due to its strength but since its 1 of the few i havent played in 1.12.1 and that i already played the wast majority of classes in particular casters so now its time for me to be rogue or warrior and i don't like to hide so warrior it is :D

@op: sorry for derailing... :/

Last edited:
I like it when threads de-rail like this, gives the playerbase a chance to have a hard copy saved of their data and opinions in plain view for people to use as food for thought. Devs seeing things like this too helps give an idea of what the playerbase generally wants to see happen.

Anyway, I'm aware of the internal report thing, not sure how that particular global spell issue could be abused, but if the reporter or the devs feel that's what's needed, that's fine I guess.

I thought about warrior myself, tasting those windfury crits, but I'm not sure my RL situation will allow for me to be able to farm for two specs and still compete for the high-end items.

so PvP Warlock or PvP Rogue focus on wpvp and then BGs, with mb some raiding. Casual Ranking for sure.
But I mean, I have a laundry list of annoyances that affect warlock gameplay, that may or may not be fixed. It's a gamble.

Plus I love to attack enemy cities, but people like Funkypot and some other casters have shown, you don't have to be a rogue to harrass an enemy city effectively

I already agreed on that point with you...

why would i have to redeem myself ? who died and made you king ?... if anything i wasted a couple seconds informing you of heartbeat and then asking if you possibly had another source to your post which is quite standard as the other source was from tbc... all of the heartbeat cases had long discussions and a lot of sources proving how they functioned as there are some oddities among them, not my choice in the end.

Anyways this has derailed quite a bit now and ill end it with this...

Not everything is visible to you unless you are part of the team, they are not really hidden but not shown in the normal filter either but you can still see them from time to time linked to spells or npc's like Fear. Internal cases discuss things that could be abused and thus they are hidden while they get solved, this particular case if i remember correctly was in regards to how & when fear breaks so not really internal material if you go by-the-book but some people mark internal for other reasons such as its only for team for example and then there are new members who think internal means its more important and then accidentally label them like that ;)

I hope that answered your question ^^

Either make an alt or bite the bullet and decide to go full force regardless ^^ to beat others against the odds often feels better :)
Personally i will go warrior not due to its strength but since its 1 of the few i havent played in 1.12.1 and that i already played the wast majority of classes in particular casters so now its time for me to be rogue or warrior and i don't like to hide so warrior it is :D

@op: sorry for derailing... :/
If you think 1.1.0 is TBC then i have no idea why u are playing kronos or even talking about vanilla in the first place. You merely mentioned heartbeat because it made you feel useful that you know the name of a mechanic which does exactly what is described in the report, but was not directly called heartbeat.

Top Bottom