• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

I would like to help create a better World of Warcraft

patrik9321

I am interested in these vanilla servers because they bring the game back to a time that we will unfortunately never see again in the current retail version of World of Warcraft. As somebody who started playing WoW at the end of vanilla and have continued to play since then, I have noticed a definite downturn to the culture and playstyle of the game; I am however interested in preserving all aspects of the game from vanilla up to it's current iteration, as I feel that blizzard has effectively killed it's own game over time. I would like to get to know the people here who have something to say regarding WoW's future and the people who have put together these vanilla servers, as I would like to learn from them and be a co-creator on this project someday.

I hope that Classic servers will succeed and it will open blizzard eyes and it will change the direction of retail wow.
How retail should be - few points:
No LFG.
No LFR.
Only 2 raid difficulty, or 1 with optional hardmodes.
No loot for free, or easy catch up mechanics(world bosses when you can afk and still get good gear etc).
No titanforging or any rng on loot(random sockets etc...)
Bring back tier sets.
No personal loot, only from bonus rolls. Make loot how its used to be. MMO should be social experience. In real life you can be scammed, so game should be the same, not a fucking bubble when you dont have negative experience(you dont have any actually right now, positive or negative). Negative and positive experience, both are creating your personality and what makes you.
Bring back old legendaries like shadowmourne, taregosa, thunderfury etc.
Bring back old servers identity, no crossrealm zones. And merge dead servers together = less servers, better population on every single one so they can be functional without CRZ. But i like arena and battlegrounds be crossrealm.
Bring less rewards, but bring more unique rewards. Why they give mounts for killing some rares without any effort in arathi warfront? There are toooo many mounts, pets etc.....People dont care about easy rewards reskins and recolors, because everybody can get it, if they get lucky, even shit player. Back in the day people care about somebody having ashes of alar, invicible, because they were(and still are) crazy unique and very hard to get, and people look up on those people and tell themselves someday i wanna be that guy, i wanna have invicible...
No P2W mechanics. Store mounts, pets or boost for new player. Only subscription, how it used to be in vanilla and tbc. You should level up at least one character and learn how to play before you can buy boost. Why the fuck are best mounts in the store shop? Because nobody will buy recolored wolf.

Think about why there was need for another stats squish after 2 expansions and before, first stats squish was after 5 expansions(vanilla, tbc, wotlk, cata, mop)? Because of 4 raid difficulties. In every raid tier they release, they must do 4 raid tiers - for example 360(LFR) to 395(mythic titanforge cap) - 35ilvl difference. Back in time it was just like 200 (naxx10) - 213 (naxx25). And because of this there is EXTREME power gain throughout one expansion. And this starts happening in MoP/WoD where they generalize LFR and 4 raid difficulties. In MoP this start to be evident. At the start of the expansion you was doing like 80k dps and at the end like 450k dps = crazy power gain. Or Legion - starts with 200k dps and end with 2mil dps. For example in cata at the start you doing like 20k and at the end like 50k on hc ultraxion(singl target fight) = not as insane as in newest expansion.

Patrik it is really hard to say, but i think retail WoW has bright future, there are still lot of interesting content and expansions that blizzard can do, but they need to pull out their heads from shithole and start listening to playerbase.
Like Asmongold says in his new video there isnt problem with tree, branch, leafs, fruits or roots but with seeds. They need to go back to drawing boards or back to time when the game was at its all time highs. They need to change their gaming philosophy and stop caring about ageing audience and try to attract new, young hardcore audience.

I don't want to be an asshole to you or anyone here, but I think the answer is the exact opposite of removing features that have been introduced to the game. The reason that the game has lost traction is because blizzard is constantly either removing, marginalizing or making aspects of the game skippable. The problem is not that LFG/LFR should be excluded, but that it makes exploring the world no longer part of the game and gives rewards that are way too high for the level of difficulty. Even worse, it takes out the mechanics instead of making them appropriately difficult which again kills the game and reduces it to mashing buttons without any sort of brain wave activity. I don't think vanilla is the end all be all of the game, and would really like to unite all of the unique game files over the course of WoW's history and give it a appropriate spot within the game.

A good compromise would be to force players to visit the entrance of a dungeon before queueing dungeon finder; after that nobody wants to make the trek to the dungeon over and over again. I'd actually argue groups should be able to queue for mythic+ dungeons as well, once they've visited the entrance of course(even after they've gathered 5 guild mates).

I definitely agree with you that it's unnecessary to make the numbers scale so high, since all metrics in a video game are relative.

Also I disagree with you about ignoring the ageing audience in place of a "new, hardcore" audience. As a game developer you should always put your most loyal customers first.

Top Bottom