• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Speed at which bugs are fixed and donations

Sanchez6993

The speed at which bugs are getting fixed has been rather dissatisfactory, as far as I am concerned anyway. I think if at least all the bugs on the first pages of "Confirmed" and "New" were fixed during the next month, it would have a great publicity impact on the server and satisfaction of players.

For example, these have a really big impact on the feeling of the game :

#3546Seigar21 days agobrunow1337#5079Dashel StonefistMaedasjursky22 days agoredmagejoe#2546In DreamsNiediChero27 days agolorzyz#944Stitches EventNiediOn 20.03.2015Tiger1002

[TD="align: center"]

[/TD]
[TD="class: small2, align: center"]General[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]29[/TD]
[TD="class: issue-name"][Big] Desolace - Caravan Quests/Event[/TD]

Confirmed

[TD="class: small2, align: center"]

[/TD]
[TD="class: small2 ts_team_member bold, align: center"][/TD]
[TD="class: small2, align: right"](11)

by

[/TD]

[/TD]
[TD="class: small2, align: center"]NPC[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]17[/TD]
[TD="class: issue-name"]

[/TD]

Confirmed

[/TD]
[TD="class: small2 ts_team_member bold, align: center"]

[/TD]
[TD="class: small2, align: right"](23)

by

[/TD]

[/TD]
[TD="class: small2, align: center"]Quest[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]16[/TD]

[/TD]

Confirmed

[/TD]
[TD="class: small2 ts_team_member bold, align: center"]

[/TD]
[TD="class: small2, align: right"](22)

by

[/TD]

[/TD]
[TD="class: small2, align: center"]NPC[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]14[/TD]

[/TD]

Confirmed

[/TD]
[TD="class: small2 ts_team_member bold, align: center"][/TD]
[TD="class: small2, align: right"](12)

by

[/TD]

I do not know how much effort these require fix, but I would surely welcome it. I suggest the following:

Introduce a feature where you can donate a certain amount of real money in order to get an express bug fix. For example within a week for the small bugs, within a month for the larger bugs. I am sure as hell more likely to purchase that service than some damn vanilla immersion-breaking mounts. I think this would be very beneficial for both sides, the player and developer alike. Let me know what you think about this.

Of course, if this feature was ever to be exploited to get more money outta the game by introducing more bugs to the game, that would be red-flaggish.

I tried to write a wall of text, but felt a list sums it up easier.

1. Noone cares if you feel satisfied or not.
2. The pace is more then good. Check other realms if you want a comparision.
3. Dev team fixes what they want, not what you want.
4. What you suggest is a payment for a service, not a donation.
5. Mounts aren't breaking immersion, its just you making mountains out of molehills.

imo this whole post is an insult to the team and to the work they put into this server.

NOTE: I rewrote this post multiple times and it was pretty damn hard every time not to insult you.

I tried to write a wall of text, but felt a list sums it up easier.

1. Noone cares if you feel satisfied or not.
2. The pace is more then good. Check other realms if you want a comparision.
4. What you suggest is a payment for a service, not a donation.
5. Mounts aren't breaking immersion, its just you making mountains out of molehills.

imo this whole post is an insult to the team and to the work they put into this server.

NOTE: I rewrote this post multiple times and it was pretty damn hard every time not to insult you.

1. I beg to differ. I'm pretty sure people care about satisfaction of the players on this server. The higher satisfaction -> the higher population -> the higher enjoyment. This naturally results in a higher income for the developers as well.

2. I am very well aware that the pace is the fastest among all the private servers, and that is the reason this is the first private server I have played on. Still, some major bugs have been there for months now.

3. Sure? But the fact they put a bugtracking feature into the game, including a voting system, puts it pretty straight forward that they care about which bugs the playerbase wants them to fix the most.

4. Yes, that is exactly what I am suggesting.

5. They are for me, bigtime. It is subjective.

Lastly let me say that I do appreciate the effort this team puts into the server and I do not mean to insult them in any way. I am merely offering a suggestion that is very beneficial to both sides.

Let's say, I understand your frustration. However, it's point of view what's game breaking for you. Exactly these issues requires a lot of effort to fix with minimal effect - you do these quests only once. I try to focus more on issues that are met daily, recently fixed raid target marks, whatever, class bugs - basically I talk about issues that are noticed frequently and which really affect every part of the game (low/mid/end).

Order of bug fixing depends first on:
  • Complexity (soft bugs are fixed immediately almost)
  • Importance (e.g. exploits)
  • How often a single player meets that specific issue daily
  • Player Votes

Player votes are sadly on the last spot since they are subjective and often does not reflect the actual importance of an issue.

I talk from my point of view, since I mostly focus on game mechanics, server stability, performance - let's say general stuff.

Let's say, I understand your frustration. However, it's point of view what's game breaking for you. Exactly these issues requires a lot of effort to fix with minimal effect - you do these quests only once. I try to focus more on issues that are met daily, recently fixed raid target marks, whatever, class bugs - basically I talk about issues that are noticed frequently and which really affect every part of the game (low/mid/end).

Order of bug fixing depends first on:
  • Complexity (soft bugs are fixed immediately almost)
  • Importance (e.g. exploits)
  • How often a single player meets that specific issue daily
  • Player Votes

Player votes are sadly on the last spot since they are subjective and often does not reflect the actual importance of an issue.

I talk from my point of view, since I mostly focus on game mechanics, server stability, performance - let's say general stuff.

Thank you for your response. I am very glad you adressed it, at least. I do completely agree that the more severe issues that the players encounter daily should be fixed first. Nothing is wrong at all with that philosophy. What I'm trying to say is that I am (and many others, I am sure) willing to provide necessary monetary resources that your team needs if it makes the server better. Hell, as a software engineering student, I would probably be willing to help out in my free time, as I really care about a server that truly replicates the vanilla experience being out there.

Last edited:
Decent idea, IMHO, because
is not a perfect system too - Chero already stated that he's talking from his point of view, so the devs priority may be too subjective as well.

It looks like a good money-flaw and it may make some donators happier, but, IMHO, it's a little bit too dangerous. How to determine "guaranteed" time? How to prevent this system turn to fix-only-paid-bugs system? However, if implemented carefully, I believe it'd be more good than bad.

P.S. http://www.kronos-wow.com/2014/09/04/join-kronos-team/ still relevant I think :)
P.P.S. They say "In Dreams" is not actually bugged anymore, just sometimes requires a GM's help.

Last edited:
Bugged quests that require much effort to fix may be experienced only once by each player, yet they're experienced by pretty much every single player that gets to them.

I believe a further parameter should be considered when determining priorities, that is time: quests that have been broken since realm opening might be especially worth to look into, as they're usually broken on rival projects as well, and getting them working here could be pivotal for Kronos' appeal, greatly helping to further distinguish it among the competition. In several cases it's quests that could never be experienced on a private realm, that so many players loved and enjoyed so much back during vanilla retail, and were never able to go through again. You'd never imagine how many times I've seen level 1s ask in General whether The Missing Diplomat chain or Freedom for all Creatures are bugged on Kronos. It would also get everyone to see that no bug is ever left unchecked for long.

In fact, regardless of what a bug is actually about, it easily lends the wrong impression when the random player takes a look at the bugtracker and notices a bug that's been reported for months and is still active.

When you look at the larger picture, what Kronos needs the most right now is more players. The most influential factor in respect to this, as I've gotten to realize after 3 years in the private server scene, is word by mouth advertising. And what boosts it the most is, in turn, the fact that content is working here that nowhere else is.

Bottom line is, some bugs - such as the aforesaid ones - can be just looked at as markers. They should be fixed for the sake of publicity, and while they could have a lesser immediate impact, they would help the realm in a more subtle yet decisive way, with long term advantages.

Bugged quests that require much effort to fix may be experienced only once by each player, yet they're experienced by pretty much every single player that gets to them.

I believe a further parameter should be considered when determining priorities, that is time: quests that have been broken since realm opening might be especially worth to look into, as they're usually broken on rival projects as well, and getting them working here could be pivotal for Kronos' appeal, greatly helping to further distinguish it among the competition. In several cases it's quests that could never be experienced on a private realm, that so many players loved and enjoyed so much back during vanilla retail, and were never able to go through again. You'd never imagine how many times I've seen level 1s ask in General whether The Missing Diplomat chain or Freedom for all Creatures are bugged on Kronos. It would also get everyone to see that no bug is ever left unchecked for long.

In fact, regardless of what a bug is actually about, it easily lends the wrong impression when the random player takes a look at the bugtracker and notices a bug that's been reported for months and is still active.

When you look at the larger picture, what Kronos needs the most right now is more players. The most influential factor in respect to this, as I've gotten to realize after 3 years in the private server scene, is word by mouth advertising. And what boosts it the most is, in turn, the fact that content is working here that nowhere else is.

Bottom line is, some bugs - such as the aforesaid ones - can be just looked at as markers. They should be fixed for the sake of publicity, and while they could have a lesser immediate impact, they would help the realm in a more subtle yet decisive way, with long term advantages.

You put into words what I could not. Very well written and I agree completely.

Top Bottom