• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Improved Models - WiP !

Go for Vote! Please vote which models you want to update.Multiple Choise!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zerocool

Authorized
Hello and Happy New year. Over 2 weeks now im an working project, tho i had to for my own purposes i thought expand it more and might release it. I want to present you WoD models for Classic version of the game. Still need work to be done and will not be ready so soon. Im working on a separate file to know to avoid problems with the warden. All credits for tools goes to spik96.

So here we go:
FIRE ELEMENTAL
WoWScrnShot_123115_185246_zpsow07kf1f.jpg

AIR ELEMENTAL
WoWScrnShot_010116_160103_zpsakunt6mp.jpg

STAG
WoWScrnShot_123015_173015_zpsxrtz05jh.jpg

CRAB
WoWScrnShot_123015_173220_zpsmpi1ejle.jpg

IRONFORGE TANKS (Under Consideration if gonna stay)
WoWScrnShot_123015_170146_zps4xvflcco.jpg

WoWScrnShot_123015_170408_zps6vole6if.jpg

HYDRA
WoWScrnShot_123115_020512_zpsfguxq3fy.jpg

WoWScrnShot_123115_020520_zpsjxqmqzqp.jpg

VOIDWALKER
WoWScrnShot_123115_013804_zpssw46ntxl.jpg

OWL
WoWScrnShot_123015_143004_zpsxxgfc7jc.jpg

WoWScrnShot_123015_142950_zpsb042yji7.jpg

ARAJ
WoWScrnShot_123015_131810_zpsbsraiyka.jpg

INFERNALS
WoWScrnShot_122815_175628_zpsujj0yqzy.jpg

DRUID CAT FORM (also for taurens)
WoWScrnShot_122815_172735_zps2ryuu295.jpg

DRUID BEAR FORM (also for taurens)

WoWScrnShot_122815_172724_zpsgwchqvg8.jpg

DRUID TRAVEL FORM(same for taurens-use same model for tigers)
WoWScrnShot_122815_150656_zpsfkljtsfe.jpg

FELGAURD AND FELHOUND
WoWScrnShot_122815_172655_zpskdksreot.jpg

WoWScrnShot_122815_172633_zpsgqhspqow.jpg

WoWScrnShot_122815_163907_zpsawa2l2as.jpg

UNDEAD MAGE

WoWScrnShot_122815_155621_zpsujddaoc8.jpg

PTERRODAX

WoWScrnShot_122815_105525_zpsrzxfnkeu.jpg

DEVILSAUR
WoWScrnShot_122815_110444_zpspu60jir0.jpg

GRYPHON
WoWScrnShot_122815_152415_zpshgak3ecg.jpg

WYVERN

WoWScrnShot_122815_152639_zpstj2mvslp.jpg

News and updates soon.

Cheers

Last edited:
Ok we have an update !

DRUID SEAL FORM FOR BOTH SIDES
WoWScrnShot_010216_010839_zpsicnkqoxc.jpg

WATER ELEMENTALS
WoWScrnShot_010116_191515_zpslolsr3ur.jpg

TIGER (STV PREVIEW)
WoWScrnShot_010116_173046_zpsxfosnyr2.jpg

WoWScrnShot_010116_173006_zpso3yx4ate.jpg

SHARK'S
WoWScrnShot_010216_010806_zpsng5ptlx7.jpg

IMP
WoWScrnShot_010216_004421_zpssy6jbywu.jpg

EARTH ELEMENTAL
WoWScrnShot_010116_204918_zpspggiloqg.jpg

ELWYNN FOREST FLORA
WoWScrnShot_010116_172529_zpsbqp2lzvz.jpg

I find your project incredible, all the possibilities at changing stuff, it's lovely. Don't like a model? Then change it! :)

Couple questions : Would the person with the final version be able to decide which models he would like to keep? What happens to hitboxes when the creatures have a bigger/smaller model than the real one?

The new model of elementals looks really awfull tbh. But really awsome work indeed :).

Couple questions : Would the person with the final version be able to decide which models he would like to keep?

At the moment you will not be able to change any model, i made to have major eyecandy solution from the long seen models of those years. I might remove some since are under consideration. I'll provide info about that ;) .

What happens to hitboxes when the creatures have a bigger/smaller model than the real one?

Hitbox is something that i cant change, model has same width and height as it is in the normal version. It gets scale in the case of creature is boss like. It gets scaled by the game. It needs to re edit whole model to fix probably the hitbox afaik.

- - - Updated - - -

The new model of elemental s looks really awful tbh. But really awesome work indeed :).

Rzax the new elemental actually are from cataclysm. Tho most models doesn't have particles working. I found to be honest most bad ass those than the normal. Also another thought is to use WoD elemental models, still 50%-50% on that and like i said to Tekai some models might not stay in, is just for testing purpose and providing feedback to spik96 for glitch or bugs that might happen during the compile. Thanks for your kind word! :smile::biggrin::cool2:

They all look fantastic in my opinion. Inspired by Rzax's reply: They might be bad by today's standards, but compared to the already bloody ol'crusty vanilla versions, it's great to see something like this. Though everyone's different so some people might prefer the old crappy- i mean the old vanilla ones.

Carefull about changing flora! before server released i did some testing with wod flora in vanilla and many of wod trees does not match same size as vanilla trees .

Player with wod models may stay next to a tree and players with normal vanilla models may see you inside that tree , this way you can cast out of tree texture but ppl with normal models cant cast on you = leads to report ,scrren,ban ? :p

Carefull about changing flora! before server released i did some testing with wod flora in vanilla and many of wod trees does not match same size as vanilla trees .

Player with wod models may stay next to a tree and players with normal vanilla models may see you inside that tree , this way you can cast out of tree texture but ppl with normal models cant cast on you = leads to report ,scrren,ban ? :p

Well till now, since it was originally made by spik96, i haven't seen any problems with that, tho its on my mind when i see or notice such thing to re test it to be sure.

Last edited:
Any character models yet?

No at the moment, is later plan and i keep it for the end. New character models require editing, since there are options on model that need to be removed/skipped so engine can read it normally without anomalies. In example, hairstyles has 20 different models but classic has only 8 and things like that.

What a chubby human there :D

I love the Carion bird model alot, lets see how you will fight with that belly belt

Last edited:
So here is a small preview from re editing the model for re mapping new textures.
Untitled_zps7uomssf4.jpg

I had an accident before 2 days and my files got corrupted due to a power failure :crying::crying::angry::angry:. So im all over again the procedure to remake the texts on the model. :biggrin:

Updates soon! :cool2::yes:

Hold on into your Butts !! :w00t:

Really amazing work! Congratulations!

Too bad I hate the new human models :laugh:
Will it be possible to not use some of the models while using your mod? Like a filter option for picky persons like me :sad:

Really amazing work! Congratulations!

Too bad I hate the new human models :laugh:
Will it be possible to not use some of the models while using your mod? Like a filter option for picky persons like me :sad:

Hehe but to be honest i don't fancy human model too, just sympathize it. Cant be an option like that. It will be on since that's my goal from one point of view, to make it kinda different on the looks, even if human models aren't crazy enough. But still have some work to do. Thats only the start, im just forcing it a bit since character models affects the 80% of the game, since also NPC will change too.

Yeah great work, but good luck fixing all the NPC appearances. I remember having some fun back in 2012.

Hum->Elf
zmmI5nW.jpg

Hum->Elf NPC
Zrmaacj.jpg

PS: Also I just noticed your faction and class icons, will they be a part of the release aswell?

Last edited:
Yeah great work, but good luck fixing all the NPC appearances. I remember having some fun back in 2012.

Hum->Elf
zmmI5nW.jpg

Hum->Elf NPC
Zrmaacj.jpg

Haha, nice addition there, i guess u didnt like a human paladin :laugh::tongue:

PS: Also I just noticed your faction and class icons, will they be a part of the release aswell?

Well why not just a different touch of the classic class icons. Those are the new that WoWWiki has when you choose each and those that changed with the coming of cataclysm. In the mean time not sure 100% about going to a full release, i don't want to sound like a bi**h but one thing that concerns me much is the classical griefers and leechers without giving credit or pretending that is their own work, i think all know what im talking about. Downporting models and specially to classic consumes huge amounts of time and there are many bugs to overpass. Anyway still under consideration about that or until i found a specific way to go full release.

Last edited:
Keep up your good work. As an developer myself, I understand your point of being afraid of not receiving credit for the project. You invest and huge amount of time in it and in the end some poeple say that it is their work. But dont give up on that, just keep on doing it ;)
We developer gotta stick together :D

Haha, nice addition there, i guess u didnt like a human paladin :laugh::tongue:

Male paladin to be precise :whistling:

In the mean time not sure 100% about going to a full release, i don't want to sound like a bi**h but one thing that concerns me much is the classical griefers and leechers without giving credit or pretending that is their own work, i think all know what im talking about. Downporting models and specially to classic consumes huge amounts of time and there are many bugs to overpass. Anyway still under consideration about that or until i found a specific way to go full release.

Well with that I can recommend creating an installer package. Installer which would modify the original game files and on uninstall it would replace the modification with a backup of the original file. That way everyone running the installer will have to read what YOU write into it, so even if someone pretends it's their work, your name and your writing will be in that installer.

Keep up your good work. As an developer myself, I understand your point of being afraid of not receiving credit for the project. You invest and huge amount of time in it and in the end some poeple say that it is their work. But dont give up on that, just keep on doing it ;)
We developer gotta stick together :D

Yeah mate, i aint gonna drop working, its slow progress since i found bugs that i need to pass. And it aint WotLK where are many tools around and job already done and know about. Its classic and most modders avoid such thing since demands the appropriate tools and time to work with. By the way also nice addons there, im gonna give a try to Buff frames, looks neat :tongue::wink:
Anyway in the mean time im still working the model since i've found some bugs on it.

Well with that I can recommend creating an installer package. Installer which would modify the original game files and on uninstall it would replace the modification with a backup of the original file. That way everyone running the installer will have to read what YOU write into it, so even if someone pretends it's their work, your name and your writing will be in that installer.

Well i cant make a installer like that. I mean install and inject the specific models+files into the game files.

Last edited:
I'm sure you can, it's not really that hard. There's also the option to not inject files, but simply replace files, which is simpler.

Top Bottom