• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Draeneis in Vanilla!!!

lanevegame

Authorized
vanilla-draenei.jpg

Did someone say Space Goats?

* * * Any Race to Draenei * * *
[DOWNLOAD]

- This is a pack with patch components to swap any race with Draenei.
- Guide to swap any race with Blood Elves (can be adapted for Draeneis too).
- More detailed guide for WoW 1.12.1 race swap with video tutorials.

* * * Human to Draenei * * *

[DOWNLOAD]

This is a mod for WoW 1.12.1 client to swap Humans with Draeneis.

- Screenshots

mal.jpg

fem.jpg

- Known Bugs

1. The following sound emotes don't work: /cry, /laugh, /kiss.
2. Human NPCs will use Draenei hair textures and helms.
3. Native sounds have not been replaced with Draenei ones.
4. Human male NPCs might have holes in their faces instead of beards.

* * * Troll to Draenei * * *

[DOWNLOAD]

This is a mod for WoW 1.12.1 client to swap Trolls with Draeneis.

- Known Bugs

1. The following sound emotes don't work: /cry, /laugh, /kiss.
2. Troll NPCs will use Draenei hair textures and helms.
3. Native sounds have not been replaced with Draenei ones.

* * * INPORTANT! THESE PATCHES DO NOT STACK WITH EACH OTHER! USE ONLY ONE AT A TIME! * * *

- Install

1. Close your WoW client
2. Delete WDB folder (C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WDB)
3. Extract patch-3.mpq into your WoW Data folder (C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Data)

- Uninstall

1. Close your WoW client
2. Delete WDB folder (C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WDB)
3. Delete patch-3.mpq from your WoW Data folder (C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Data)

- Special Thanks

Thanks to Zerocool (check his super exciting project to import WoD models in vanilla!) and Koward who made the converter I used to backport Draeneis models.

Also kudos to oppahansi who made a modified version of jM2converter to make mine and other modders' lives easier!

- Blood Elves in Vanilla

I also made a mod to get Blood Elves, check it here!

Last edited:
Nicely done. Could do that to the gnomes! ;o

Let's see if I can do something quick :smile:

You can also try this:

* * * Any Race to Draenei * * *
[DOWNLOAD]

- This is a pack with patch components to swap any race with Draenei.
- Guide to swap any race with Blood Elves (can be adapted for Draeneis too). [PDF]
- More detailed guide for WoW 1.12.1 race swap with video tutorials. [PDF]

Nicely done. Could do that to the gnomes! ;o

Alright so I've made a few tests but looks like it doesn't work perfectly with Gnomes. Horns don't show up for female characters and males don't have facial hair. It should be fixable through "CharacterFacialHairStyles" but I've tried everything and it doesn't work... damn Gnomes :wacko:

Hi, is it possible for you to make the patch Dwarf to Draenei ^^? Thanks a lot.

I found your guide and i follow it but i have a problem: http://prntscr.com/ap92c7

I'll give you a file to add to your patch, it will fix the horns :smile:

Alright so try to add this file CharacterFacialHairStyles inside DBFilesClient, this should fix the horns. Also I've noticed some missing textures in the character creation screen background, looks like you didn't put in the patch all the textures needed, this might be a bug of MyWarcraftStudio, so try to create the patch using this program instead.

Good luck, and good job on following the guide!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thx it works ^^! But...i don't know how MPQEditor works, and it's not like i'll meet the draenei architecture in vanilla so no problem.

Thanks for the guide on changing other races to Draenei and the horn fix patch. After a few hours of following that guide and finding a gender swap guide along with a hair change guide, I was able to successfully swap both Undead genders to Draenei female. Also changed the hair style around a bit so that I'd have the hairstyle I wanted on my already made character.
uAMBJFi.jpg

If anyone wants the link to this: http://www.mediafire.com/download/prt1ldsbb4wb4i6/patch-4.mpq

Fixed the helms and character select screen for this one.

Last edited:
This is from my guide:

- Helms fix

I'm not going to explain this with too many details becouse most of times you should not need to add this fix. Anyways in case you notice some glitches about your helms (like they look too small or large), you can follow this procedure. Open “model.MPQ” with MyWarCraftStudio, browse to “Item\ObjectComponents\Head” and extract all its content. Then open “patch.MPQ” and do the same, overwrite the files with same name. And last open “patch-2.MPQ” and do the same. At this point you should have a folder called “Head” with all the helms 3D models.

As you can see the helms have names like “Helm_Blindfold_A_01_DwF.m2” where “DwF” stands for Dwarf female. Let's say we want to switch from Human male to female, then we're going to duplicate all the “..._HuF.m2” files and rename these copies like “..._HuM.m2”, so we'll have female helms 3D models but with male file names. This way we're going to trick our client and make it render female helms on our male characters with female appearance.

Also you should be able to replace the UD char creation screen with Draenei one:

1. Browse to “PatchComponents\Interface\Glues\Models\UI_YourRace\UI_YourRace.m2” (inside “AnyRaceToBElf-WoW1.12.1”) and replace “YourRace” with your race name (remember to use “Scourge” instead of “Undead” and “NightElf” without spaces). Rename both the folder and the “.m2” file.

Last edited:
This is from my guide:

Also you should be able to replace the UD char creation screen with Draenei one:

Thanks, the character screen was an easy fix. Must have accidentally skipped that step. Also has mixing textures like Sakyra, but I'm not too concerned with it.

For fixing helms I'm guessing I'd need to have a TBC client for the Draenei helm files? Either way I'll probably postpone doing that until later because it seems like the most time consuming part if I want to completely change every helm in the game.

Thanks, the character screen was an easy fix. Must have accidentally skipped that step. Also has mixing textures like Sakyra, but I'm not too concerned with it.

That's becouse MyWarcraftStudio is a bit buggy, try to use that other program I've linked to pack the patch :)

For fixing helms I'm guessing I'd need to have a TBC client for the Draenei helm files? Either way I'll probably postpone doing that until later because it seems like the most time consuming part if I want to completely change every helm in the game.

You should find all the helms files you need in the archive I made for "any race to Draenei", and you can rename the helms automatically with a program like Renamer.

That's becouse MyWarcraftStudio is a bit buggy, try to use that other program I've linked to pack the patch :)

You should find all the helms files you need in the archive I made for "any race to Draenei", and you can rename the helms automatically with a program like Renamer.

The MQP editor fixed the character screen easily, thanks.

After being confused for a long time on helms not changing from changing it to ScM from DrF I figured out the problem. I thought I needed to rename the files to ScM, but I needed to change it from DrF to DrM, not ScM. Only reason this occurred to me was that helms worked fine when I was trying again from scratch.

Thanks for helping me out. Normally I do things like this through trial and error and it takes a day or two to get to where I want to be. Was a lot quicker with having your guides and advice.

Last edited:
Hey! Ive been having some troubles getting horns to work for NighElf F to Draenei F and was wondering if you could help me out at all! Also I can not for the life of me figure out how to make the draenei char select screen show for nightelf instead of human like it currently is.

I am in fact using the facial hair file you posted awhile back.

Hey! Ive been having some troubles getting horns to work for NighElf F to Draenei F and was wondering if you could help me out at all! Also I can not for the life of me figure out how to make the draenei char select screen show for nightelf instead of human like it currently is.

I am in fact using the facial hair file you posted awhile back.

To fix the horns you gotta add CharacterFacialHairStyles.dbc to the DBFilesClient folder, and edit it so the Night Elves hair values match the Draeneis hair/horns (or you can download my already edited CharacterFacialHairStyles.dbc).

For the screen go to Interface\GLUES\MODELS\ and rename UI_Human\UI_Human.m2 to UI_NightElf\UI_NightElf.m2.

Good luck!

Or feel free to check this site.

Top Bottom