• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

What can be done about cancer called World chat ?

Tomerant19

You know... first thing most ppl do (ppl who played on any private server in past) it's /join global or /join world.

Here, you just wanna stay away from it.
I have experience from many private servers across all expansions and only Nostalrius barrens chat is this toxic. And ppl do it there just cuz it's "barrens chat" and it's supposed to be like it.

World chat here is filled with ppl who simply don't have limits.
I can find it funny for a while, but every day same "jokes" and insults... it gets boring.

Whenever someone asks for advice, it instantly gets buried in rain of trolling responses.
When you add to that the needs for trading, for guild recruitment (several ppl are especially spammy with recruiting), for lfg/lfm... it's just one huge mess.

This channel also has no moderation at all.
If someone can get away with name God than moderation standards are low.

Right now, as I'm writing this, there is huge anti muslim spam there and some anti american propaganda... it's just annoying to read.

Don't tell me to leave world. Why? Cuz we don't have separate trade and lfg chats and even if do, those are not enforced by any server rules to my knowledge.

Either get some moderators online or make 2 more channels, this makes no sense....
I feel like I can't ask anything there and expect some serious answer, because I'll probably end up laughed out.

Ignore list does the job, but that's not a solution of a problem.
If you ask me, I'd disable that chat completely and endorse true blizzlike channel system without global rant, trade and lfg(m) all in one...

This channel also has no moderation at all.
If someone can get away with name God than moderation standards are low.

If you'll check out the Blacklist section of the forums, you'll see that people have taken sceenshots of chat scrolls, uploaded them, and then created reports with the screenshot hosted links for people going way over the line with their trolling in the global chats, or consistently typing in a language other than English.

The reports are read, people are given mutes, but more importantly, that person's character and account is confirmed for a rules infraction that has its weight slapped against it for future reports made against them if they keep at it. Folks have been shown the door (banned) for repeat offenses.

The GM's have a LOT to do on the server. They rely on players to help keep things clean. So put morons on Ignore and move on, but for the people making a solid effort to be offensive repeatedly, unlock your chat window, grab the edge of it and open it to full length, and make one or two screenshots with as much of the chat of them being horrible as you can and make the report.

On Horde side I've seen several people who have been reported suddenly start acting like angels a couple of days later.

Edit - for people being absolute trash in the chat that are low level and have no sense of attachment to their account or the server, I'm fresh out of suggestions for that. And yes, I've seen it too.

Last edited:
Making global trade and lfg channels and literally punishing players for not using them properly, would do better job than filing a report every day until you get chat cleared from players who have nothing better to do in their lives but to troll all day.

I wonder why those 2 channels aren't here already.
And if they are, why staff allows such mess on server instead of few mutes directly on chat and a clear statement about using each channel for it's purpose.

Someting like about that 1on1 turnament or fb event.
Why not some kind of annoucement for using proper channels? Really... ?

People will do it if staff will lead them in such direction. I see no "leader" here... in game it anarchy. Ppl saying and doing whatever they want.

just my 2 cents...whatever.

Last edited:
Making global trade and lfg channels and literally punishing players for not using them properly, would do better job than filing a report every day until you get chat cleared from players who have nothing better to do in their lives but to troll all day.

Trying to police people into using the "appropriate" channels would be an impossible mission, and an enormous waste of ressources getting game masters to take action on this.

I wonder why those 2 channels aren't here already.
And if they are, why staff allows such mess on server instead of few mutes directly on chat and a clear statement about using each channel for it's purpose.

They are there, just not very much used. And there are a few mutes going out, maybe not every day but certainly every other day. Game Masters have made announcements in the world chat asking people to keep their tones civil and stick away from too volatile subjects on numerous occasions. The fact that you are not aware of this is the same reason that the tone in world chat is still bad at times (or most of the time) - not everyone is online to see these announcements, and new players come every day. And there are also those who take such announcement as a challenge rather than a warning.

Pushing peoples buttons to see what happens is part of social life anywhere. The server is a multi-cultural place, so it will lead to heated discussions. That's just how it is when you have free speech, and it will continue to be this way. That being said, it should still be moderated, and my point is that it already is.

Last edited:
I personally don't see the point of having this channel, so I never join it. I don't think it should be removed because apparently some people like it, but I suggest some alternatives for it:

• If you need a group: use /who, create a polite inviting message for your dungeon (e.g. "Greetings, are you interested in Deadmines?") and copy paste it to the people online in the level range.
  • If you want to sell: use the auction house and the trade channel in the main cities to advertise your sellings (I know only few people do this one but I think the server would be a better place if people used it).
  • If you have any doubts about the game/server: the local general chat should be enough.
  • If you want to recruit for your guild: general chat on the low level zones and general on main cities.

Last edited:
I personally don't see the point of having this channel, so I never join it. I don't think it should be removed because apparently some people like it, but I suggest some alternatives for it:

• If you need a group: use /who, create a polite inviting message for your dungeon (e.g. "Greetings, are you interested in Deadmines?") and copy paste it to the people online in the level range.
  • If you want to sell: use the auction house and the trade channel in the main cities to advertise your sellings (I know only few people do this one but I think the server would be a better place if people used it).
  • If you have any doubts about the game/server: the local general chat should be enough.
  • If you want to recruit for your guild: general chat on the low level zones and general on main cities.

This is quality response and example of how game should work in first place. World chat is custom thing anyway.
/leave 5 Good riddance

If you don't like the world channel, just make YOUR OWN with moderation and all these things.

I don't see any point, why GM¨s should moderate the way how CUSTOM AND FREE TO JOIN/LEAVE works (when they don't break server rules).

You should do something about it... but I see, writing complaint post on forum is much easier and gives you the feel "I've done something"...

Really hate these complains about public channels and people being offended by something said by some virtual dude accros the world...

This topic is never going to stop popping up.

Such is a the aftermath of endless pandering to SJWs.

The only solution is to accept it or use any of the measures already available to protect yourself from those words that trigger you. (Ignore perpetrators, language filter, addons, leaving the channel)

The world(or in this case /world) does not censor itself for the feelings of the few. You do not have the right to control the dialogue of others so as not be offended. If you can't handle seeing words you don't like, your time should be spent in therapy working on your issues, not spent on leisure activities.

Quit wasting the GMs time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom