• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Nostalrius patches

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgl

Authorized
Is the dev team planning to apply MaNGOS and database patches made by Nostalrius developers?

I'm not knowledgeable about how these servers work or programming but I would assume it's not doable or just not worth it as both Nost and Kronos were developed from the same core but separately, meaning there are tons of differences in the coding and even though they have fixed the same issues, it might be done in different ways.

Integrating the two would probably be more work than gain.

if they cant add patches directly i hope that atleast the devs have so much "drive" in them that they atleast will look at the nost code to see how they fixed certain things and then simply add/fix things in their own way.

One major thing that we would benefit a lot is the pathing system. Although we have some stuff working better here in that area, one of our major bugs is related to mobs spawning inside trees/rocks/etc and I'm almost sure that Nost. had that issue fixed.

Well, i can see a few things that may be used by Kronos.And if not directly imported, then used just as an pattern. Pathing on moving objects (ships) or scourge invasion for example.

I'd rather they fix pathing and the mob placement themselves rather than resort to shifting down to a worse database patch. It's not their style; they've been working on this one pretty hard. It's their baby.

But I gotta admit, pathing should never have been pushed aside for the end-game stuff like the Dragons. That was just not good.

Maybe can Kronos devs continue in development of clustering technology... It would be awesome. 5k players, long view distance and no lag. What else would you like? :manedance:

Shame, that would atleast solve the horrible visual phasing bug when fighting NPCs.

Edit example: Pull a mob, let the mob run all the way to you, now try to determine where that mob is actually standing in front of you, more often than not it will require major movements as the visuals are not corresponding with the actual position.

Last edited:
Did you honestly except any other reaction from Kronos fanboys?

Not to be rude. But you dont know much about the fact that Nost used an older worse MaNGOS than Kronos. Even the guys behind MaNGOS are saying that, i know them. Nost actualy made some stuf worse than it whas in the actual database.
And the guys behind MaNGOS are not behind Kronos. But its pretty much a known fact that Kronos is over all a better scripted. Is everything better, ofc not. So its not about fanboy...

And the bigger problem is you nost players attitude. You dont´t see the rude thing about these threads you guys post?
Yea we know your sad you lost your server, i feel that. I am sorry for that.
But you come to another server with its community and start all these threads nost this nost that.

Maby, just maby this is one of the reason people get pissed at you. Maby you should keep a lower profile.

There are reasons we guys dident play on nostl....

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe can Kronos devs continue in development of clustering technology... It would be awesome. 5k players, long view distance and no lag. What else would you like? :manedance:
What exactly about 5k players would be awesome? Prices would be sky high due to limited supply of herbs and metals, mob spawns would be difficult to get, no thank you.

But you come to another server with its community and start all these threads nost this nost that.

I did not mean to imply that Kronos is in any way inferior. My reasoning is that Nostalrius team spent a year working on a private server and surely other servers could benefit from their work, even if by applying a couple of their patches.

Agreed. I love this server and overall it's better than any other vanilla server, easily. But there are some issues though, like pathing and some new bugs that popped up after the nostalrius "invasion". I hope they'd start perfecting their pathing and perfecting it would make the server perfect for me personally.

Last edited:
Guys as far as i know nost didnt even released their repo. If ever they make it public its possible that something will be used. There is not point in this thread.

Guys as far as i know nost didnt even released their repo. If ever they make it public its possible that something will be used. There is not point in this thread.

Yes. please, close the thread, is pointless.

P.S.: I'm still waiting for your signature to load :lol:

And the bigger problem is you nost players attitude. You dont´t see the rude thing about these threads you guys post?
Yea we know your sad you lost your server, i feel that. I am sorry for that.

Maby, just maby this is one of the reason people get pissed at you. Maby you should keep a lower profile.

There are reasons we guys dident play on nostl....

you must have a very good and firm oppinion of "your" server or community if you start acting like this because of some "n0st whatever" shoutings.

fact is as someone from the outside that didnt belong to nostalrius nor kronos prior to starting a few days ago witnessed that neither side is better. some of kronos is equally as toxic and shows anti social behavior like some of nost ppl do i would even go so far to say that what i have seen of kronos community is worse than what nostalrius players are behaving. starting from constant spam in starting area of lvl 60 kronos players "go away nobody wants you here" to lvl 60s releasing pets in starting area making it impossible to do anything and even direct whispers from ppl telling me stuff like "ha your server was shut down and we will make sure nostalrius ppl wont feel welcome here and leave"(keep in mind i got such whsipers albeit not even coming from there)

sure there were nice ppl too that helped me with bags and spare change withut me even asking for stuff, but in comparison those were very few and very rare.

so now tell me if you had witnessed this as a complete bystander which community would you think is the worse one? the ones just trolling but leveling and having fun or those that seemingly made it their live goal to ruin gaming experience for others?

and thats seemes to be not concentrated incident or something "new" as to i already wanted to play once here like 10 months ago but a guy posted a review on wowservers reddit where he expressed his complete disgust by the filth that was written in global back then. (didnt start nost either bcus i wasnt going to lvl on a server where 2k players out of 10k online are camping and ganking questhubs)

my current temporary solution to this is that i go the chinese route, i completely shut myself off out of this toxic community and only interact with the outside via vQueue rest is done with guild. my only hope is that this will get better in higher levels.

/edit

also my intention is not to whine about it but to show that kronos community has its own issues with their own people and in general people should stop telling eachother "we are better because whatever imaginary reason" and instead just enjoy the game together.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom