• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

War effort auto completion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brochette

Authorized
Hi, in retail the war effort didnt last more than 2 months on every server. On the maintenance of the 15/02/2006 Blizzard hotfixed the event and an auto-completion was added.

Each ressources missing were filling themselves at the rate of ~2-3% a day. This way all servers were open 1st week of March 2006.

We are now past 2 months and only 2/3 is done, do you intend to add this mechanic soon?

So I guess at this rate, it will take one more month (plus hoever long this down time is). Doesn't seem excessive...

Our War Effort is taking longer, but we should have about twice or more the usual retail classic server population. Something doesn't match and I am all for a catchup mechanic (% / amount of time) at this point or respawn modifications (herbs, mining nodes, npcs).

With all those players :

Firebloom (23% - 4 May) (24% - 9 May) -> 380 more days at this rate
Purple Lotus Horde (27% - 4 May) (31% - 9 May) -> 86 more days at this rate
Baked Salmon (28% - 4 May) (30% - 9 May) -> 175 more days at this rate
Stranglekelp (37% - 2 May) (41% - 9 May) -> 103 more days
Wool Bandages (30% - 2 May) (33% - 9 May) -> 156 more days

(sure those last 2-3 days were mostly downtime, but that's damn slow progress regardless)

Last edited:
Tekai, you can't take those numbers and project a straight line to predict the future.

If many other resources are at 100% the active farmers will concentrate purely on those left behind, so they will accumulate much faster in the future. This effect will snowball more and more for each item that is reaching 100%.

For example I know a few people who have been doing nothing but crafting linen and silk bandages (alliance)
Once that is finally done, the might start doing nothing but running purple lotus rounds...

Another effect is the ' Sprint towards the Finish Line' - effect. Once that line is in sight, people tend to get a bit of extra strength to get to the end . (here translated into some extra motivation to help the war effort) People who couldn't be bothered to contribute when the total was at 37% do so when they see it's at 87%... They think 'hey we are almost there! Let's all get together and make this happen now! '

The realms that were auto completed had lesser populations. This server does not have a small population.

Hm, 2/3 already? I really should finally level my char to 60. Can't really get a shot at Scarab Lord, but at least i want to be there for the opening.

Well if 2/3 is already done, you could also leave it in it's current state, especially with all the new players who can contribute. But I wouldn't care if you add auto completion.

@Brochette: AOE! ;-)

Imo the war effort is currently a pointless resource dump as the original intent, a race between servers, isn't a factor. Too late for Kronos 1, but I hope this gets tweaked on Kronos 2; For example let the factions compete against each other and have seperate unlocks. Should up the motivation for top guilds by alot.

Is AQ officially ready? I think if there was an announcement as to whether it was ready or not (maybe there is, I dont keep track) that would make people push harder for it.

I mean fuck if it was announced as ready I figure entire guilds would just work together and get that shit done so they can actually progress.

I see your point, but i'd rather let the new players have more time to cath-up and thus make the experience better for them :)

Imo the war effort is currently a pointless resource dump as the original intent, a race between servers, isn't a factor.

It was a race between servers as well as a race between Alliance and Horde in every server. Is still very relevant.

The realms that were auto completed had lesser populations. This server does not have a small population.

Wrong it happens on all realm, on my server for example we were the 3rd most populated french server, alliance finished the war effort around 20th february 2006 (it started on 6th January) but the horde refused to farm the war effort because only 1 guild had clean BWL (compared to 7 for alliance) and in addition they were angry that to kill time alliance raiders were camping brm everynight to farm the horde when they were going for MC/bwl.

My point is, the war effort was originally a competition between server which cant be the case here. So the most boring mats to get like silk bandage and purple lotus will take months to complete.

Why you want AQ very fast ? Blizzard on the past have a shedule to respect. Not Kronos. More times it's take, better is for the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom