• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Pls Fix L60 Premade Dodging

High ranks are not something that are supposed to be attainable by everyone. They are designed to be something that a small percentage of players are able to achieve.

When people complain and say things like, "but I don't have 15 hours a day to farm BGs" and "I don't have enough friends interested in PvP to form my own premade" it just highlights the crybaby attitude that slowly ruined WoW over the years.

The argument of "I can't achieve this, therefore it is broken" is so played out. Sounds like you are better off on retail anyway tbh

amen

No shit man,no one gives flying fuck about high ranks if you want to go for it that's awesome but don't do it the disgusting dodging way.

No one ever complained they don't have time to play 15hours/day,if you are referring to my post what I said is: I want to log in at RANDOM times and enjoy the pvp scene but with the disgusting dodgers that's nearly impossible.

And again to what are your referring here? no one ever said in this thread they want to go for high ranks do you really believe you can get to rank 14 by pugging?

for people who have played with you, this is hilarious. Your premade is is dodging everything and you couldn't beat hogger on your own.

The thing people are against is not premades on their own, which Og seems to think. It is about premades using spy's and dodging everything that resembles any competition.

Stop acting like you guys are trying to have competitive PVP when all you are doing is preying on pugs that wont put up any kind of fight.

Good Premade vs Premade battleground with competative and good players who are ready with engineering, consumables, voice chat etc. is highlight of Vanilla PvP.. Disabling that (as it was proposed in several topics) for people who just wanna play a game or 2 every few days or never queue again after they get desired rank over players who actually stick around only for competative PvP is just silly.

On the other hand, dodgemades for sure are the problem.. On Kronos 1 we had this problem as well 2 months ago, because Horde's main ranking premade was constantly dodging all day long, but then pretty much whole server started making fun of them, both Horde and Alliance, and they stopped.. Maybe you should try something simillar. Also, whenever I logged in during early hours when noone from my guild was online and I joined some less superiror premade who proposed to dodge Horde group for the best honor/hour, I just thanked them for an invite and left the group to play solo until my friends come online.. Maybe there are some honorable people in those dodgemades to do the same, if they exist I strongly encourage them to do so as well..

Bottom line is, even if you finish with ranking and start playing the way it's meant to be after that, if you dodged your way up to the desired rank you will always be remembered as a dodger till the last day of the server, no matter how good or bad of a player you are.. aaaand in my opinion at least, for someone who cares about PvP and plays it often, it's much bigger shame to be branded as a dodger forever then to give all you got and lose some games to a better premade..

If I always lose in an honest fight, is it worth fighting?

You guys are so narrow minded its infuriating. Not everyone has your background and can rely on a solid team that is able to play several hours each day.
If you have to work with what you got and what you got turns out to be slightly better then mediocre. What options are left then to dodge?

I'm sure some active dodging is going on, but I don't think it's as much as you think.

Let's say there are 2 premades on horde and 2 on alliance, combined with also 20 pugs queueing at either side. You would think with 2 pugs and 2 premade teams you would face a premade only 50% of the time as pug. But this isn't the case, and not just because of dodging. When I was ranking we always started without any scouting. Just queue, see what happens.

Now the odds of us, as a premade, running into a pug or premade for our first game is probably close to 50/50 in this given scenario. But since you can wipe the floor with most pugs in 7-10 minutes (depending if the particular faction is nice enough to give the losing team a mark or not), whereas versus the Sarei/Cowlover premade the games would often take 30-40 minutes. Just these numbers alone make it more likely for a different premade to run into pugs a lot more often, because the two main premades are "stuck" playing eachother for a duration that is about 5 or more times that it would take to beat a pug. This alone will make it so that if you queue for an extended period of time you will start to see a shift away from this 50/50, and not in your favour.

The second fact is, at certain hours (early morning, early afternoon, late at night) there aren't enough pugs queueing to start games, and if so - not that many. And the only horde of alliance groups queueing are premades. You can think we, or they, are dodging, whereas in reality it's just all there is.

And the painful reality is, it's very time-consuming already to get to the higher ranks. Especially in a world of account sharing, The Chinese, certain people being able to be online 20hours every day, every week you simply can't afford to just keep playing premade after premade (as a premade), if you do this all day then at the end of the day a guy who is just pugging will get more honor than you - and guess what, he's going to put in 5 more hours than you as well, almost defeating the purpose of premading. Often after 2-3 games vs the main premade a decision is made to wait with queueing, to "un-sync" yourself from meeting them over and over.

Lastly, don't give a premade more credit than that they deserve. Make your own premade, you don't even need Teamspeak or a 7-mages comp to do well. Get some of your friends, guildies or advertise in world. Or queue as a small 5-man premade. Most groups are carried by 1 or 2 players, and also most Horde groups don't even use TS, or spam free action potions. If you put some effort into it you can form a small pug-killer premade in 10 minutes and tryhard your way with potions, engineering and TS to contest any premade.

Also, when you face the same premade twice in a row and get destroyed, delay queueing by 2-3 minutes and queue up again, when you get an instant-pop; leave queue.

[edit] spelling

Last edited:
That's cool and all, but if you check the alliance BG'masters you see a handful of level <5's standing there named "spy" etc.

This whole thread is why we Need alterac valley as soon as possible, since they wont do anything about those premade dodgers.

IMO you should get the Deserter debuff for not joining your queue and be done with it. Premeds will be forced to play whatever they got and puggers can spy when premade team has debuff and their queue pops.

IMO you should get the Deserter debuff for not joining your queue and be done with it. Premeds will be forced to play whatever they got and puggers can spy when premade team has debuff and their queue pops.

Won't do shit.
I participated on horde premades lately with alt(15-20 hours most weeks) and in the last month+ I've done so I remember dropping queue 2 times.

Would a seperate que for pre mades ever work? Like a premade que that you must be in a group to join and dodging the que pop gives deserter? The group que could give double or triple honor/marks to make it much more worthwhile for premades. It would also need time limits and other restrictions to discourage win trading, but since Kronos isnt blizzlike im shure it could be done.

Or you could all just suck it up and play Vanilla pvp as it was designed.

Get some friends and make a premade, if you stop whining you might make more friends!

Would a seperate que for pre mades ever work? Like a premade que that you must be in a group to join and dodging the que pop gives deserter? The group que could give double or triple honor/marks to make it much more worthwhile for premades. It would also need time limits and other restrictions to discourage win trading, but since Kronos isnt blizzlike im shure it could be done.

They did this on Nostalrius, what happened was; premades would queue up with full stack, face the other premade and then disband and just farm pugs and they would never have to face the full premade again because they're in seperate queue.

So, no thank you.

Vanilla has an exploitable honor system, it's just the way it is. I'd love to have it changed too, but that just won't happen. Not all people can suck up unfair systems forever.
People will start saying "oh so u want it to be more casual? then go back to wod" or shit, but it's just this part of vanilla that keeps me from playing it more (and frostmages kek).

Top Bottom