• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Kronos and GDKP raid

Myms

Hello all,

Someone told me ingame that GDKP raid are not allowed by Kronons rules. I can't find any answer into forum so i ask here

Thanks in advance for your futures answers

They are probably allowed, but whoever does them should be killed IRL.

I kinda liked GDKP runs, good, fair ones obviously with good leadership and a non-corrupt way of dividing the spoils at the end.

have there been gdkp runs back in vanilla? ive cant rememer ive heard of any back then

Yeah like on Warsong people outbidding others on items they don't even need/already have just to screw with people who really need them (because they go for 'too cheap') sounds like a really nice community event right? Guilds would die left and right, startups trying to progress in MC especially, and you will have monopoly of the same people basically taking all good loot.

GDKP is a cancer and shouldn't be started up, and if so, be banned.

What about not allowing anyone in the raid to receive boss gold? That seems cancer to me.

People who call it cancer tell only half of the story.

Let's take Warsong, a Feenix vanilla realm with x12 xp rate. It also had a vote shop, which means you could get various blue quality items for vote points. These items were often exactly the ones you need to prepare for raiding, like Scepter of Interminable Focus. To understand why GDKP was a great system on that realm we have to dig up a bit of history.

Warsong ran for a long time (5? years) and had Naxx progression .

Naxx had been out for ages, with bugged end boss Kel'Thuzad.

Obviously this means all hardcore players had raided Naxx , had all their gear, had quit the game altogether, replaced with the next generation of hardcore raiders, who raided Naxx, had all their gear (well 8/9, as again end boss was bugged) you get the point.. a very mature realm. With tons of gold in circulation.

Established guilds would only do AQ40 for Cthun and Naxx. Old fashioned guild MC runs were dying out. Even new guilds could skip it, do some ZG, get Preraid items from voting and jump directly into BWL-AQ

Enter the 'invention' of GDKP.

Hey!, My 8th alt (x12 xp remember, you have a lvl 60 in a day) can now just get starting MC or even BWL, bring 10,000 gold and buy some items? Great!

Everybody wins.

The few tryhards that wanted their 2nd Binding to drop and organized all these runs won.
The new players who entered with 500g and came out with 1760g (but no gear) won.
The rich alts who entered with 10k and came out with 4K and their needed Talisman of Ephemeral Power won.

I came late on Warsong, because I played more on the other feenix realms. I was able to earn around 12000 gold and deck out a rogue and a mage in ZG-MC- AQ20 lvl gear within a month.

There would be several long running GDKP organizers who would post their raids and the results on the forum each week. If you chose one of those you would never get scammed.

But it killed regular raiding?

No it didn't but the frontline of raiding had moved to AQ and Naxx.. It's the same reason we don't do UBRS raids with a guild anymore...

But the new guy can never buy anything . That is not fair!

The new guy has to work for a bit, but within a few raids, he will be loaded with cash to start buying some items for himself. In a guild run you don't get the A-class items that veteran members still need either... You have to start at the bottom, but actually GDKP for pugs would get you a lot of gear in a very short time. that is why it was so popular!

But I never will get Nefarian's Tear this way because Xmas will buy it for 50.000 gold!

So? Aren't you happy that that big chunk of gold is divided by 40, back into the community again? Long live AH junkies and their fat wallets.

But I would rather roll for my items!

Make your own pug raid and see how many people you attract... oh you didn't find a main tank, only 13 rogues and 7 hunters.... maybe RNG is not that popular as a loot mechanism after all...

People want to raid, and raiding at the start of World of Warcraft had a stupid amount of RNG build in.

The players didn't like it from the start. The complained. Blizzard responded. By the 3rd raid instance (Zul Gurrub) you already can see the changes. Instead of <bracers of druid> that get disenchanted immediately, we now get <quest item of Druid, Rogue and Hunter> A great improvement!

Players made their own improvements within guilds, with RPP, DKP, later evolving into, screw this bureaucracy, we are friends, we can decide among ourselves who gets what. Loot Council.

But you are still bound by the guild system. For various reasons players started to some 'side-raiding' in pugs as well. But they don't to go back to the stone age of raiding with maximal randomness. GDKP is, in certain conditions, a great system to minimize the random factor in entry level raids.

Last edited:
100% in agreement with Muneca. Don't hate on it just to hate, you can just not participate.

Please don't defend GDKP, you have no idea what will happen. It may not concern your guilds right now but it does ours. It was a nightmare on ED and Warsong. I don't want to say too much about it.

Once this is known it's allowed it will affect everyone believe me. You have no idea. What do you think will happen when certain people find out you can buy gears for gold? I would prefer this thread is deleted and the topic not brought up again, and rule against GDKP. Better for everyone trust me, that once this is known everyone going to suffer so please no.

And Jindo, just not participating is not going to solve anything.

Last edited:
Please don't defend GDKP, you have no idea what will happen. It may not concern your guilds right now but it does ours. It was a nightmare on ED and Warsong. I don't want to say too much about it.

Once this is known it's allowed it will affect everyone believe me. You have no idea. What do you think will happen when certain people find out you can buy gears for gold? I would prefer this thread is deleted and the topic not brought up again, and rule against GDKP. Better for everyone trust me, that once this is known everyone going to suffer so please no.

As I just extendedly explained not everybody is going to suffer, in fact many people will like this variant for the reasons I gave.

The major guilds will still use their normal systems for the frontline raids, so nothing will change.

If 'certain people' are not able to organize themselves into a proper end game guild, that is there own problem, not that of a loot system or of the rest of the server. Maybe it is a sign that you should hook up with other people to raid...

Also you didn't give any rational argument to counter my argument. If you don't want to talk about it here in the open, please do so in a PM, I really would like to know why you think this system is the apocalypse...

You don't understand what I'm trying to say, that's why I'm saying you have no idea what this will do for the entire server, not just specific people. You guys are so innocent in this because you don't know what will happen. If you think 24/7 honor farming is bad then you have a big surprise when the same people realize you can buy gears by farming gold. You can also expect a lot more gold buyers and sellers here once they realize this is a thing here. There's a big market for them in GDKP servers, and even though GM's do a great job here, not everyone gets caught.

This is just one guys opinion, at the end of the day it's up to GM whether to allow it or not, but I strongly advise against it. This server is perfect how it is and does not need GDKP which will certainly ruin the experience for many.

And Jindo, just not participating is not going to solve anything.

how was it a nightmare on warsong? there was welfare gold. did you somehow not end up with tens of thousands?

You don't understand what I'm trying to say, that's why I'm saying you have no idea what this will do for the entire server, not just specific people. You guys are so innocent in this because you don't know what will happen. If you think 24/7 honor farming is bad then you have a big surprise when the same people realize you can buy gears by farming gold. You can also expect a lot more gold buyers and sellers here once they realize this is a thing here. There's a big market for them in GDKP servers, and even though GM's do a great job here, not everyone gets caught.

This is just one guys opinion, at the end of the day it's up to GM whether to allow it or not, but I strongly advise against it. This server is perfect how it is and does not need GDKP which will certainly ruin the experience for many.

still no arguments, only fearmongering...

Please please send me a PM with your arguments (just for me, I won't publish anything without your approval)

(btw I played on ED and Warsong, so I know... at least you should recognize me from ED, you killed me on Sniffles, or Snoffles or whatever your horde rogue was named)

because gdkp is fun when hunter can get 200g per hour

great fucking idea

You don't get it.

a) Feel free to make your own hunter.

b) If you don;t want to do a) it's still good for the rest of us. That hunter will spread his wealth equally over 39 other players.. The more they spend, the bigger the spoils for all of us. On warsong I EARNED a lot more than 200g / hour in GDKP runs..

Wow, couldn't imagine these reactions oO

Let me explain what i mean by started this topic. ( And i apologize for my poor level at english )

I play this game since the beginning in 2005 as an hardcore raider but since a month, i decided to stop playing on official servers to join here, retrieve Vanilla feeling with 3-4 friends, without any duty, obligations and any others things you have to do when you're in guild

Just playing for fun, little instance and pvp with friends.

Even if i don't want to join a guild anymore, i still have time to play but as an unguilded man, my stuff can't progress over T0.5 and i wish have better, like T1 or T2

So the only way for me to get this, is to join as PU into guilds run and buy items they don't need anymore.

I like bashing mobs, i have a fews golds, i already have epic mount, so what i'm going to do with my golds ? They're not here to be watched right ? That's why i've imagine that and everybody can find interest with that kind of deal. Purpose for me is to be stuffed, and for guild is to get money for items they probably dez

Where is cancer here ?!

I am simply opposed to the idea of getting gear no matter how horrible a player is as long as he has gold, which has nothing to do with his contribution to the raid (yes, I am aware that rolling doesn't ensure that the right person gets the item either - it's also a bad system).

Next, Voidzone pointed out a big flaw with any kind of "purchase" loot system (DKP included) - people can simply mess with others and scale prices up as much as they desire.

Next, I am also opposed to the idea of earning your money by joining pugs and getting gold from other people looting epics... the hell?! That might actually increase prices of rare materials even more since sellers will want their share of the profits from GDKP runs, which will make it difficult to earn money other than constantly joining GDKP runs, making most players' income dependent on doing GDKP raids and turning the realm into a GDKP fest.

Next, I believe such a system would weaken the guilds as lots of people will be satisfied with buying their gear in pugs with randoms rather than actually socializing in an MMO and being part of a tight community as guilds are. Recruitment pool would be smaller. Why should people who prefer to play solo/pugging care about that? Well they don't have to, but the game that I personally love playing is one that revolves around playing in guilds with 50-60 other people and working hard towards a common goal, and I would not like to see that damaged.

Lastly, after years of playing vanilla, I do not believe that gold should have any role in deciding who gets an item that many people want. It is a currency used for upkeep and to help a person with most things they need to progress in this game, one such thing being a successful raider. Would I, inside my guild, allow someone to take loot from others who sweated to earn it just because the person is bribing us with gold? Never. I would lose all respect for someone who offered such a thing. Same way, would I find it to be okay if I joined a pug raid and then a "richboy" gets the items I want because of deep pockets? No.

I am fully aware that some of the points I have listed are personal opinions, not fact-arguments. But I hope that people agree with my point of view. It would simply change the game into something a bit different, something that I do not like.

If someone wants to buy all the trash items no one wants in my guild, go for it.

Humour me though, Ermean, why do you disallow your raiders who sweated to earn it to receive any boss gold?

Last edited:
Top Bottom