• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Progress Through Expansions [Twinstar Realms]

FiveBoosters

• Create a copy of one character across the available expansions with very limited gold/items.
  • The original character should have reached the level cap of its realm (e.g., 60 in Vanilla).
  • The original character's name would be preserved depending on availability (i.e., FCFS).
  • The original character's talent tree/s and learned spells would be reset.
  • The original character's profession skill level and learned items would be preserved.
  • Titles, flight-paths, quest status, and other world data would be ideally preserved, but it does not have to in case it involves a prohibitively complex procedure or it is simply unfeasible to implement.
  • The original character would not be deleted in the process so it could be used later on [arguable].
  • It could be implemented as an internal account character transfer with a reasonable star-fee.

Last edited:
THIS is the worst idea here on forum in history of Twinstar. I giving you +1 for your courage.

Mate, it is realy very hard for me to explain you in one or few sentences, why is your idea bad (I dont speak english well.), but I will try for you.

I will not focus on technical problems with your ideas, I will rather explain you, why are your ideas bad by game mechanics.
You want transfer alredy existing characters from one realm to another. This is in fact mainly technical problem, but... How long takes to level character till lvl 60 on Vanilla realm? 7 days? I, for example, leveled my own character for ~ 10 days. How long it takes on Wotlk or Cata realm? 1 day? 2 days? Look, there is huge difference, which is very unblizzlike. Isnt better to make realm with intant 60 then?
Another problem is to transfer these characters with some items and gold. Which items and how many gold you mean? These things are very different for versions of game (expansion by expansion). On expansions you can for example solo farm some game conten (like Vanilla) whithout any problem. Are you sure you want see in game these players? Isnt better to simply add vendors with everythink to game, where everyone could buy, what they want?

Please, dont hate me much for this, but your ideas will punish players, who enjoy blizzlike game and it is (sorry) unacceptable. Focus more on game, rather than ideas like these. This is probably reason, why everyone ignoring you.
There are a lot of differences in player community too, but it isnt much important. This explanation is enough I think it isnt necessary to continue.

has already been proposed several times in different variations

Didn't they say that there are things planned for after naxx in the podcast last week?

All Opinions Are Welcome

No worries Sabatha, I do not hate or will hate you, or anyone else for what matters, if you disagree with me. I just asked you for more details because I think that giving such a radical opinion about a particular proposal without arguments to back it up is simply a void/lame statement to make.

I am aware that the idea described by this thread is not 100% blizzlike. Personally, I think not everything in Twinstar is or has to be 100% blizzlike. Nonetheless, it is a feature I have seen requested repeated times in the forum's threads. Furthermore, I would like to have this feature or a variation of it implemented myself, as I consider it could be a powerful marketing tool to attract new players.

Regarding your comments, one possible implementation for the progress-through-expansions (PTE) character transfers in terms of game mechanics could be indeed similar to an instant level 60 boost in a level 70 capped expansion, and a 70 boost in a 80 capped one, and so on. The limitations on the items and the gold for these boost could be standardized to avoid end-game imbalances; or the items could be copied from the original character being transferred and the gold could be set to a pre-defined limit just good enough to cover the class vendor [respec/relearn spells] and starting up fees [kleingeld].

However, I would discourage any custom vendor approach to implement this feature, I think that a web-based alternative handled similar to current cross-account character transfers would be a better choice, as it would limit the additions of extra custom content to the expansions.

The work to implement and execute the progress-through-expansions character transfers on the server side would be compensated with the donations necessary to cover its required star fee. It would also make Twinstar more appealing to newcomers seeking PTE, as mentioned before.

About the more off topic assumptions you made about being ignored or whatnot, I really do not need/or care about anyone's approval to express my ideas in this forum, I simply do it. I understand some members may agree with them and some others may not. In general, everyone is welcome to debate over this feature and propose alternative implementations, or to state counter arguments for having this feature altogether, as long as it is done based on constructive criticism.

Cheers!

Mate, it is realy very hard for me to explain you in one or few sentences, why is your idea bad (I dont speak english well.), but I will try for you.

I will not focus on technical problems with your ideas, I will rather explain you, why are your ideas bad by game mechanics.
You want transfer alredy existing characters from one realm to another. This is in fact mainly technical problem, but... How long takes to level character till lvl 60 on Vanilla realm? 7 days? I, for example, leveled my own character for ~ 10 days. How long it takes on Wotlk or Cata realm? 1 day? 2 days? Look, there is huge difference, which is very unblizzlike. Isnt better to make realm with intant 60 then?
Another problem is to transfer these characters with some items and gold. Which items and how many gold you mean? These things are very different for versions of game (expansion by expansion). On expansions you can for example solo farm some game conten (like Vanilla) whithout any problem. Are you sure you want see in game these players? Isnt better to simply add vendors with everythink to game, where everyone could buy, what they want?

Please, dont hate me much for this, but your ideas will punish players, who enjoy blizzlike game and it is (sorry) unacceptable. Focus more on game, rather than ideas like these. This is probably reason, why everyone ignoring you.
There are a lot of differences in player community too, but it isnt much important. This explanation is enough I think it isnt necessary to continue.

I think PTE idea would be very nice to Twinstar projects. Leveling only gets easier with each expansion, so it wouldn't be a problem to level in one expansion and them transfering that progress to another version of the game (you wouldn't be taking any advantage to speed your leveling). Gold should be ideally reset/reduced to prevent inflation, but I don't think that would be a thing... Twinstar would be able to get more money with this, and that could be used to make the projects even better.

Top Bottom