• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Naxxramas PTR

Chero

Kronos Administrator
We are excited to announce that our development of the Spider Wing has reached a point where we would like your feedback. As you may know the Kronos Public Test Realm (PTR) has been available for a while now and can be accessed from the character selection screen by clicking "Change Realm".

It will be on this realm that you will get to try out our Spider Wing. Characters on Kronos I have already been duplicated onto the PTR, and while Kronos II characters have not been duplicated, it will be possible to participate by creating a new character and then use the following commands:
.levelup (to get to max level)
.maxskill (to set your weapon skills)
.additem (to place an item in your inventory)
.mod money (to get gold for spells/repairs)
.command (to see a list of other available tools)

We have placed a consumables vendor inside Naxxramas so don't worry about this.

So mark your calendar for February 5th, somewhere around 17.00 - 19.00 Server time when we'll remove the attunement requirement to enter Naxxramas. The instance itself will reset once every day in case you want to go back.

The purpose of the test is obviously to get as much feedback as possible. The best way that you can help us is to make a recording of your raid (or stream it) and let us see what you see. We also recommend enabling voice communication on the footage as that helps us get a really good feeling of your experiences throughout the instance. Please report all problems to the Bug Tracker.

Update:

After further discussion, we have decided upon the following changes:
- The aggro range will be reduced to 10 yards
- Players and their pets will deal 50% more damage, including every spell and attack
- Creatures in Naxxramas will deal only 50% of their intended melee damage
- Spider Wing remains open until 24th of February and instance lockout for Naxxramas will be 7 days instead of 1 day as stated above.

Last edited:
How long will we have for testing?
More specifically, will the rest of Naxxramas be progressively added until the whole raid is provided, or will each Wing be opened and subsequently closed before the next one is made available?
If the latter, how long will said Wing be available?

I know there are arguments on both sides, that you may lose support whichever decision you make and that you have been panned for the way AQ was released previously, but I think it must be stated that, with a daily reset, should these encounters be completed every evening for an extended period of time, even if you take Ned's advice to increase health etc., the actual Naxxramas progress will feel even more like a mere speed run for testers.
It is true that we may opt to individually refrain from testing, but, at community level, the above should be taken into consideration, nonetheless.

Each time a wing is ready, we will add it to the currently available content. In the end, we will have complete Naxxramas released on the PTR.

Would be nice if you add a custom npc "Buff bot", similar to repair bot, but this one will be able to buff you with world buffs. :biggrin:

I have to agree with Dalloway. Getting to 'farm' Naxx for months every day before actual live server release will make the release insignificant.

Have you considered making it a one week test period with the damage, health etc. of everything inside scaled down? Basically make it only testing environment, NOT playing environment.

I think this is very important, and seems others agree. Otherwise live Naxx release will be a spoiled gift that no one is excited about anymore.

Last edited:
i absolutely suggest you to just open spider wing for a VERY LIMITED amount of time. not more than a couple days.
make sure this will be a 'bug search test' not a speedrun preparation phase for the try hard guilds.

99% of the bugs will be discovered the first evening you open it, considering there will be multiple guilds/raids giving it a test. any additional time after that, will already be used to prepare speedrun tactics and this is bad for the excitement of the actual release on the live server, as bl4ckc0d3r says.

also i advise you to only open the 1 wing you wanna test at a time. -> this time spiderwing only, and when you do the next wing, you only open that 2nd wing and keep spider wing closed, because again, leaving the same wing open for more than a few days will just make it a grind and kills the hype for the live release.

If naxx stays open on the test server, you should only reset if you want something specific retested, or add a new wing, because otherwise people will farm it over and over. This would lead to improved speed run tactics, people making farming routes for frozen runes and killing all the fun the server first race could provide. Also I'd remove all mobs besides the stuff which should be tested.

Each time a wing is ready, we will add it to the currently available content. In the end, we will have complete Naxxramas released on the PTR.

A month or so ago I was told by one of the GMs that select bosses (Kel'thuzad, Sapphiron, etc) would be left out of public PTR testing so that whole Naxx progression experience isn't ruined on the PTR. Did you guys change your minds? I understand that ALL bosses need to be tested for bugs, but I would much rather see end-wing bosses tested by a closed group of volunteers rather than have them open for everyone to see (and practice their speed-clearing), and have the Naxxramas hype, and progression experience ruined for the whole server.

I would like to see the following things happen to make the Naxxramas experience better for everyone:

1) limited testing windows for each boss, or a wing of bosses (one week max at a time, can reopen again later for limited time if more fixes are applied)

2) select bosses (Kel'thuzad, Sapphiron, Four Horsemen, Loatheb, Thaddius) left out of public PTR testing and done only by a closed group of volunteers

Last edited:
Downscale everything, make it trivial to do (health, damage etc.), make the values 10x lower, reduce agro range of mobs to 5-10 yards. That way everything can still be tested - just don't kill the mobs/boss right away. And make it one week thing, without resetting the dungeon IDs until a wave of fixes is applied, based on previous player feedback (although this can be bypassed by using the commands to level more characters and do another ID with, so I would just drop the character leveling and just copy characters from K1/K2 again). So in total give everyone a chance to test content without getting a feeling of how difficult it will be during live release.

Please make it PvE as Labathor suggested. The point of PTR is to test things and give feedback on bugs and content, not to have to deal with people who log in to just "have fun" harassing others.

Risen and Vanguard are more worried about other guilds getting any sort of advantage in the server first race than they care about properly testing the difficulty on the PTR. You guys are asking for them to not reveal the difficulty, which may result in Naxx being undertuned--but for what? So you guys can inevitably blow through Naxx when it's released in less than a week or two anyways so your members can go back to raid logging/inactive status a week later?

I'd rather have the .levelup and .additem commands so that all players--not just the tryhard guilds that have been farming everything the longest--have a chance to test for more than just bugs. I'd like to see the difficulty of Naxx also be tested so that the raid can be released in a sufficiently difficult state. If that leads to people feeling like the PTR spoiled their experience or gave people an unfair advantage, then maybe don't play on the PTR? :s

Yeah the release of an 11 year old instance with tons of material from retail and other private servers alike is gonna be so groundbreaking and difficult, you should disable the PTR so it doesn't get ruined from people.

Everyone has the same opportunity to practice in the PTR it doesn't give any guild an advantage except perhaps k1 guilds over k2 guilds but this problem was eliminated with the new commands. The problem is the fact is if PTR is identical to release then the release won't mean anything in terms of enjoyment it will just be like doing shit we already did. You could perhaps made this 11 year argument for MC, BWL, and AQ since most people experienced those dungeons but only a select few people actually experienced naxx. For most this raid is a first time thing and that experience would be spoiled by a PTR that is identical to a full release. There is also the server first race for those interested while it isn't a big deal for me it is for others and removing this competiveness factor from the game would ruin it for many players.

Last edited:
Lild, it's completely the opposite. If you give us same experience on PTR that we will have on live release, we will learn it to the tiniest detail and have advantage over others simply due to fact that we will breathe on all our members' necks until we are sure they are 100% prepared, and other guilds won't do that or their members won't accept it.

Undertuning PTR content so it cannot be actually used as full training ground for live release is actually means of making it more equal for everyone. Besides, it seems from your post that you think I want content to be easier? No, I want the content to be harder than Blizzlike (which they promised on Discord), but I don't want PTR testing to show us exactly how it's going to be since it's open testing for everyone to do as many times as they like (at least for a short period).

And all that equality talk aside, I simply don't want to clear Naxx on PTR 100 times before live release. Do you?

Edit: Did you not read Chero's posts? He said that .additem and .levelup will be added on next PTR update, which will be before Sunday PTR release. Your post is overall very confusing and seems out of place completely.

Last edited:
Top Bottom