• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Change from today: DC or relog in battleground - instant kick & 15 min deserter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarei

Authorized
This needs to be canceled asap.. Almost every game there's a reason for relog, especially with some present bugs like infinite combat state, Feign Death being unable to use until relog etc, etc.. Also random DC's, I personally have quite bad internet which causes random DC's pretty often, if I got kicked out of the game and got Deserter every time it happened, I wouldn't be able to play at all and others DC more of less frequently all the time as well.

Played just 1 game today before this post and 5 people got kicked out of it and got Deserter due to DC or need for relog.

Re: Change from today: DC or relog in battleground - instant kick & 15 min deser

no :angry:

Re: Change from today: DC or relog in battleground - instant kick & 15 min deser

What lol? So if a player gets random DC and logs back in 10 seconds later, he should be kicked out of the battleground and get Deserter?

+1
should be fixed asap

Agreed with that. Specially with recent random DC / freezes we had lately this auto-deserter really big combo.

if player did dc on purpose in combat on battleground he should get deserter
if player did dc on purpose in combat in outdoor or raid he should die

Ok this literally happened 1st game after this report.

Got into a game against a decent Horde team and it was supposed to be a nice game, but my FD bugged out 2 minutes into the game. You see how it's grayed out on my bars? When it's like that, you can't use the spell until you relog. If I relogged I would get kicked out of the game.. And since I was the only person able to FC in our team, I couldn't survive at all since laying traps down and dropping target with FD was not possible.

862dyrW.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

And what if you get random unintentional DC? Bad luck? Also look at the example I just posted above

How are you going to tell if the DC was intentional or not? A solution might be that you die when DCd in a BG. I agree with OP that getting deserter is a bad feature.

it is supper easy

if you press alt+f4 than it was intentional
if you login in second winodw than it was intentional

so just dont do this things and you will not get deserters and death

Sometimes force alt+f4 to fix UI. Sometime to fix flypath bug (wich exist for 1 year at least or even more). I dont really what GMs tried to achive.

The very next game, same story. Also, a friend of mine (Shatter), got a Queue pop while on a Flight Path and when he entered he got that bug and just floated around. He relogged to fix it, but got kicked out + Deserter. I wont play until this is fixed.

I9FHkwl.jpg

What even prompted this change? Some shenanigans on k2?

as if pvp wasn't a joke enough we now have to deal with those things.
come on guys, revert this "brilliant" idea

it is supper easy

if you press alt+f4 than it was intentional
if you login in second winodw than it was intentional

so just dont do this things and you will not get deserters and death
Haha, what, are you for real? Any ideas how the server is supposed to recognize if you did an alt+f4 or if you lost your wifi connection?

Sometimes force alt+f4 to fix UI. Sometime to fix flypath bug (wich exist for 1 year at least or even more). I dont really what GMs tried to achive.
If you simply want to reload addons you can use the command /reloadui. Just a tip :)

i also got a random dc during wsg, relogged instantly => 15 minute deserter

and then the game trolled me even more: i got blinded by a rogue 1s before BG ends and was unable to requeue and no spot left for me haha

Please fix this!

Also random DC's, I personally have quite bad internet which causes random DC's pretty often, if I got kicked out of the game and got Deserter every time it happened, I wouldn't be able to play at all and others DC more of less frequently all the time as well.

Its great that you point out a issue but to not bother pointing out a possible solution as to fix this but still make it so there's no BG dodging, your op only makes you sound like them casurals respawnsable for the current stat retail wow is in.

I personally rarely have D/C's and you pointed out you have bad internet so why not resolve the issue on your end before pointing at the servers script that was implemented for a very reason. I lot of people asked for a very long time to have the deserter like this and their reasons are far better than your "I have shit Internet but wanna be a special snowflake".

I always wondered, are you really that retarded or are you are just trolling with every post you make on these forums?

I suggest you to read once again what this topic is about, but this time do it slowly and try to concentrate.

I always wondered, are you really that retarded or are you are just trolling with every post you make on these forums?

I suggest you to read once again what this topic is about, but this time do it slowly and try to concentrate.

Did, and nothing changed.

You post about a issue thats mainly an issue on your end, and you don't follow up with a possible fix. Not constructive at all, you want people to take you serious start by at least showing a slight effort.

Inregards to your hunter issues, this isn't the bug tracker so again if you want something changed be constructive about it and maybe take some passion.

The way the deserter works is for a very good reason and much superior than your last century internet, quit thinking your some special snowflake and find out why your losing connection cause clearly it's on your end of the rope.

What's the point of this anyway?

labathor you're way out of line here.
ppl also have to alt+f4 because of server bugs (combat bug --> FD not usable).
there's nothing he can do on his end to avoid that

Making sure there's a bug report and providing info would be the correct step, not changing how deserter works.

If they give him the fix he wants then once the server merge there will be t2.5 geared premades lol-stomping-k2 players then dodging other geared premades.

Is that what you'd prefer? Cause if that's what you want then I'd be happy to bend and send you all week long once the merge happens.

The way the deserter works is for a very good reason and much superior than your last century internet, quit thinking your some special snowflake and find out why your losing connection cause clearly it's on your end of the rope.
He isn't complaining about deserter you fucking mongoloid, he's complaining about getting kicked out of the battleground when relogging inside one for various reasons.

Considering how there is already a system that kicks people out of battlegrounds when they've been offline for 5min or so and gives them deserter after doing that, I really don't see the point of this thing. It's just ruining it for the people who want to get back into the game.

He's right about one thing. Submit a report on the bugtracker and cram as much useful information into it as you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom