• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

help

bawa

Authorized
Give us some news. any news. Give us the smallest word of progress that you've made in the last 3 months.

The most recent relevant news that was content related is the PTR release for the Spider Wing in Naxx, that was 3 months ago. If you're intending on releasing PTR for Abom, Plague, Military, Sapph, and KT; then as it currently stands you're projecting at this "full release" being over a year from now.

I'm confused at why you are so focused on making MAJOR unannounced changes to current endgame raids, changing the dynamic of different class spells (or lack thereof - ex. Windfury), as well going out of your way to dissect ways people are taking advantage of the game to get an edge on DPS (paladin buffing, sandlording, even out of raid soulstoning). These are all things that in FACT existed in the original form of the game, though not used on a mass scale, they existed. Are you no longer priding yourself as a 'Blizzlike Experience'? (well you've already botched that title by releasing 7x & allowing cross faction character creations).

The people who have played here for over a year, and some two, probably feel the same way. We want to see this place succeed, but you make it really hard to be optimistic. Especially when the only updates we see are unnecessary nerfs/changes to the CURRENT content, and not a single "hey guys we're working on ___" in regards to future content.

If you're working hard on getting stuff done, that's great. Even if you've hit a wall and had to cease some type of development I'm sure it would be more assuring for the user-base to hear it now, other than giving us months of waiting just to end up disappointed.

Just my two cents

TLDR : naxx wen

Rushing a buggy release of Naxxramas so that people can clear it and quit is bound to make the realm a real success for years to come, yeah.

The community wanted a full Naxxramas release instead of a gated one in order to have a more interesting pve race, and now you'll have to pay for it by waiting for a longer time.

They are obviously working on it, but there's probably a reason why only like 1 private server released decent Naxxramas so far. I'd assume it's much harder to script Naxx then anything else so far due to much more complicated mechanics compared to other Vanilla raids. Scripting being harder makes it more time consuming by default. That being said and people's choice to wait for whole thing to be ready before releasing it, this is the consequence you have to deal with by not wanting Naxxramas wing by wing. When it's ready, it's ready, it's surely much harder for Devs then AQ or BWL and it takes way more time to get it right. If anyone thought it's gonna be done more or less soon rather then a bit later, that was just delusional.

Last edited:
I'd assume it's much harder to script Naxx then anything else so far due to much more complicated mechanics compared to other Vanilla raids.
Chero once said (if I got him right) that it's more about the lack of information than about the mechanics complexity.

This is very truth:
If anyone thought it's gonna be done more or less soon rather then a bit later, that was just delusional.

But still and as always, more interaction with the community would be nice.

^^^
Makes sense I suppose since a lot less people visited Naxx in retail than say BWL. A lot less footage floating around.

If you're working hard on getting stuff done, that's great. Even if you've hit a wall and had to cease some type of development I'm sure it would be more assuring for the user-base to hear it now, other than giving us months of waiting just to end up disappointed.
+1

Frequent updates even if these updates bring bad news is far better than just utter silence. Of course Kronos is working on Naxx but to just have 0 updates on naxx progress for 2 months by the kronos team is just disheartening. This isn't me bashing the Kronos staff I just know that updates in general helps limit burnout. For now things are still alright but come 2 more months without another update on naxx progress there will be trust and burnout issues among players to deal with once again.

Top Bottom