• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Hype for the Russian community

nimeralos

Authorized
Please don't think that I consider my home country as the hub of the universe, but what do you think about paying some special attention to Russians while advertising your promising server? One of famous vanilla server Valkyrie is full of Russian players (and administration), and there's a lot of them on ED as well. Don't know the reason of this, but I certainly meet nationals more frequent than one can expect. And the problem is that not many of Russians have account on Facebook or Twitter. Due to this, even if they can be considered as Kronos' auditory (some English, some breeding, sympathy for vanilla), they still have a huge chance to never know about Kronos.

I'd recommend to create a group in Russian Facebook - Vkontakte.

If you like my idea, let me propound myself as an administrator, translator of promotional posts etc. To be honest, I never had experience leading a Vkontakte group of more than 200 people, and my English is ... (you can see), so I'd be glad if you have someone more professional than I am to do this job, but if you don't - I'll do my best.

Of course you're free to refuse - I'd only written this post because Russia is rather big in itself, and because there's a lot of those who like vanilla in Russia IMHO, so I think that there should be a special Russian part in your advertising campaign.

Every player is welcome and we need greatest hype, so, why not? :shifty:

But... if are Russians like some Czech people which don't understand that English is main and only server language and speak in their native lang... It won't be fine.

yeah... on every server that i saw russians rush to they kept speaking russian in channels rather than english, and rather than joining guilds they make a nest where they only welcome russians like a closed society :wacko:

the opposite of a russian would be a chinese, they are always extremely polite as well as speaking english, if russians where similar then i wouldnt mind.

dont misunderstand me, i dont dislike russians in any way but the way they act on servers just gives such bad image :sad:

How about not supporting russian characters like chinese if it is possible? :biggrin:
EDIT: But they would use transcripted words anyway :dots:

I am currently considering that once i am done with the intelligent troll-spam filter addon that i will "attempt" to make a minor translation addon that translates to english from common word's or sentences, but to be honest that might be quite a bit out in the future :wacko:

and there goes my habit :S
begun on it slowly but to be honest the only russian word i can read is the one for "yes".

the idea of this addon is that whenever a russian want the word converted to english he types "!" infront.

lets say a russian wants to say help then he would type: !помочь
once he clicks enter it is converted to the english word: help

note: i am using google translate so if someone wants me to make it then continue and correct these:
Code:
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!Гильдия','guild')            
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!привет','hi')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!имя','name')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!имя','name')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!помочь','help')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!бак','tank')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!пожалуйста','please')

msg = string.gsub(msg,'!правила Kronos','Kronos rules')

at-least then communication will be somewhat possible, although i don't know how to change the English you receive to russian so the current stage is 1 way communication :smile:

on ED when i asked random peoples opinion they told me it is prohibited to do translation with addons -.-
i guess that the person i asked is trolling but anyways i want to ask if it is prohibited to translate 1 word and theres no restricted languages in that case, so i am sure i can attempt this.

Last edited:
I have bad experience with russian players. The most of them i meet in games, canont say a single word in english and keep talking to me in their native :D Basicly, the higher was their playerbase, then worse acting from them. But ofc, this can be applied on everyone.
Im not saying, dont le them know. Just , be careful :D

I dont think we should advertise to one nationality.

And English should be the only language.

I dont think we should advertise to one nationality.

And English should be the only language.
yes that is correct since that would get the attention of those who can communicate.

but if there is any interest from a russian then i can make a simple addon that translates most basic russian words and sentences into english when written in a channel, but for that i need a volunteer russian who will translate sentences and words from english to russian so i can make the addon translate russian to english :smile:

Russian are super cool guys if they bother to speak english.
Often they try to form russian speaking guilds which is not cool imo.

yeah and that is exactly why i wish to give them a minor help in speaking english without learning it but i need the assistance of an active russian who will translate basic words and sentences that they use in-game since i am not russian. :smile:

Nations i call as "cool" are Nordic nations. Great experience with them everytime. As "supercool" i must call the Chinese. I played with them few times. Never played with better people before.

the opposite of a russian would be a chinese, they are always extremely polite as well as speaking english, if russians where similar then i wouldnt mind.
It seems that you have not seen < Monitor > from The Emerald Dream, a Chinese guild with 90% members unable to speak and understand English. Painful on a EU server.

I meet a good amount of russians playing dota2, they do NOT have a good reputation..
I realize it's hard (and wrong) to generalize people just by their nationality, but when you play with someone who picks heroes that absolutely don't fit the team, then refuses to cooperate and proceeds to fail and blame/flame others, it usually is a safe bet that he hails from mother Russia. It has come to a point where in dota it's almost an insult to call someone russian.

On Kronos, it all depends on the amount of population we'll have. If the server has 1000 online players on each faction (not a realistic estimate) it is big enough for a small closed community to not be a major problem. But if the population is smaller, or much smaller, that kind of community can kill a faction altogether. I'm sure there are people here who saw that happen on Kronos 2.

But if the population is smaller, or much smaller, that kind of community can kill a faction altogether.

Very true. If one side gets a reputation for being "russian"( just to use as an example) it could create some problems. People would to avoid it choose the other faction and population imbalance might occur.

Last edited:
Problem is about the cocoon they could create without communicating with the rest of our community. In any case, Russian, Chinese or not, I've noticed that even an hardcore guild (no matter the language) is slightly if not vastly isolated from the rest of us because of their high aim and the fact of wanting to play with reliable players...

It is just pot luck :yes:

I agree, nationalities tend to naturally form their own cliques, which is fine if you inside the clique but becomes a problem when you are on the outside.

here's my current list of translated word and sentence's i would like to ask the assistance of other real russians to come up with additional translated word and sentences that are commonly used, especially dungeon names and shortcut words or slang for in-game related stuff and please confirm what is in my list if you want since afterall this is to all russians so they can speak a bit better english when needed:

Code:
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!ищу людей','lfm')            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!ищу группу','lfg')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!ищу рейд','lfr')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!продам','wts')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!обменяю','wtt')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!куплю','wtb')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!извините','sorry')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!помогите','help')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!привет','hello')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!меня зовут','my name is')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!дамагер','dps')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!урон','damage')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!хилер','healer')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!исцелять','heal')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!танковать','tanking')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!танк','tank')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!аггро','aggro')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!атаковать','attack')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!стоп, хватит, остановись','stop')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!я не понимая по-английски','i dont understand english')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!ты меня понимаешь','can you understand me')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!да','yes')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!нет','no')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!подожди','wait')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!дайте попить','mana break')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!стоп, хватит, остановись','stop')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!заряд','charge')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!хаха','haha')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!лол','lol')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!я использую аддон для конвертации русског ов английский','i am using an addon to convert russian to english')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!лучший','best')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!лучше','best')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!хорошо','good')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!великолепно','great')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!замечательно','great')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!приятный','nice')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!убивайте','kill')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!убей','kill')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!умереть','die')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!вайп','wipe')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!смерть','death')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!баг','bug')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!дисконнект','dc')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!ддос','ddos')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!аддон','addon')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!почему','why')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!серьезно','realy')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!мне, я','me')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!ты','you')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!ему','him')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!ее','her')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!их','them')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!им','them')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!гильдия','guild')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!присоединиться','join')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!покинуть','leave')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!ливнуть','leave')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!выйти','exit')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!войти','enter')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!встречаться где-либо','meet')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!встречающий','meeting')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!ты уверен','are you sure')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!я уверен','i am sure')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!дирижабль','zeppelin')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!корабль','ship')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!оргримар','orgrimmar')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!оргри','orgrimmar')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!андерсити','undercity')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!андер','undercity')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!тандер блафф','thunder bluff')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!тандер','thunder bluff')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!штормвинд','stormwind')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!шторм','stormwind')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!иронфордж','ironforge')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!ты не понмиаешь','you are misunderstanding')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!я не понимаю','i misunderstood')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!извини, я не понимаю тебя','sorry i misunderstood you-')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!работать','work')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!работа','job')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!сервер','server')
            msg = string.gsub(msg,'!пожалуйста','please')

note: everything must be written in lower cases and the russian word must have ! in front of it since it is the sign which initiates that the word should be translated, but as said i dont know russian or their grammar so i need the assistance of you if you want me to have a chance to make this for you :biggrin:

I'm currently playing on a different private server that's 1.12.1 and predominantly Russian, mostly to familiarize myself with alliance side questing so I'll level that much faster once this server launches. That and I'm bored and *really* hate waiting for this one to open.

The point is, I've received many whispers in Russian for groups and as a USA native, all I can bust out with is English and German. So I've been replying "English, sorry. Tank? Heal? SFK? RFK? BFD?" and excluding one situation, all the other times I've gotten a reply like "Heal 'x-dungeon' plz".

It's a matter of working with the situation.

and that is exactly the reason why i want to give russians who cannot say anything in english the possibility to convert simple and common word/sentences to english simply by placing the symbol "!" in front of it before writing.

but it would also be convinient if i could learn or find a method to actually convert what you see rather than what you write but since i dont know how to do that i do the best i can making a 1 way translation :smile:

so if the russians realy want to they can assist me and the more they help improving the list the better for them in the end, although they would still need to read the english others speak or say in global.

Goris - Well, you are basicaly right, but it killed that faction, because 70% of that faction were players of this nationality. I think, that when Russians join the server, it can help it, because they will not be the majority. Ans i also know some russians, that were decent players.

To the Translation addon prohibition - I think, that Blizzard forbiden these addons, because someone crated an addon, which allowed you to communicate with oposite faction. And because you can't separate these addons, they have forbiden them all.

these are the only words you can say so you can limit it to 3-5 words that sound like something but to communicate, most words are just a space or 1 of these letters randomly so unless they increased that and made it easier later on i cannot see a complete language come from that even if both used the same addon, would say it is easier making a lvl 1 and wisp the alliance + it would be clear then XD:

[TH="bgcolor: #113A5E"]Number of letters in word[/TH]
[TH="bgcolor: #113A5E"]Word List[/TH]

One-letter words

A, E, I, O, U, Y

Two-letter words

An, Ko, Lo, Lu, Me, Ne, Re, Ru, Se, Ti, Va, Ve

Three-letter words

Ash, Bor, Bur, Far, Gol, Hir, Lon, Mod, Nud, Ras, Ver, Vil, Vos

Four-letter words

Ador, Agol, Dana, Goth, Lars, Noth, Nuff, Odes, Ruff, Thor, Uden, Veld, Vohl, Vrum

Five-letter words

Algos, Barad, Borne, Melka, Ergin, Eynes, Garde, Gloin, Majis, Nagan, Novas, Regen, Tiras, Wirsh

Six-letter words

Aesire, Aziris, Daegil, Danieb, Ealdor, Engoth, Goibon, Mandos, Nevren, Rogesh, Rothas, Ruftos, Skilde, Valesh, Vandar, Waldir

Seven-letter words

Andovis, Ewiddan, Faergas, Forthis, Kaelsig, Koshvel, Lithtos, Nandige, Nostyec, Novaedi, Sturume, Vassild

Eight-letter words

Aldonoth, Cynegold, Endirvis, Hamerung, Landowar, Lordaere, Methrine, Ruftvess, Thorniss

Nine-letter words

Aetwinter, Danagarde, Eloderung, Firalaine, Gloinador, Gothalgos, Regenthor, Udenmajis, Vandarwos, Veldbarad

Ten-letter words

Aelgestron, Cynewalden, Danavandar, Dyrstigost, Falhedring, Vastrungen

Eleven-letter words

Agolandovis, Bornevalesh, Dornevalesh, Farlandowar, Forthasador, Thorlithtos, Vassildador, Wershaesire

Twelve-letter words

Golveldbarad, Mandosdaegil, Nevrenrothas, Waldirskilde

note: and there could just be made a rule that it isnt allowed to make an advanced language addon for faction language chat although it would be pretty hard to do that with only those random chosen words.

note: but if i am not allowed to make a simple 1 way translator for the russians to speak a few clear english words then i wont mind, i just thought of it as something nice to prevent global russian chat.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the responces. Sad to read negative opinions about Russian community, but I know it's true in many cases. I know as you know that Russian players are often unbearable, so if I'll ever will influence some Russians I'll make it clear for them that they *have to* contact with people in English if they wish to play here.

I think I'll take "why not?" concept as the plan. Soon I'll make Vkontakte group for a Facebook Project Kronos reposts or something, and also I'll try to contact the administration of respectable site old-games.ru to get some PR there.

About Cr0wL0ck addon... Well, my personal opinion is that nothing will help those who don't know a word in English and will not make them decent to play with. One of the reasons is that most of Russian WoW words are similar to English ones - LFG, DD, tank, war, BG etc simply transliterated to Russian. But I'm honored by your attention to Russians, so if you think that this addon can help some good people, I'm ready to help you. Please make a special thread in Addons forum branch (I can see you're familiar with it :wink:) if you're up to continue your work in spite of everything.

P.S. I really like the idea about Chinese PR! If a Chinese-speaking guy is reading this letters, I recommend you to make an advertising page in Chinese Facebook (Renren..?) in order to make Kronos popular everywhere.

well i could also focus the addon to translate anything written in russian to english when it is written in the channel and a known word, but still the list needs to be increased in a similar pattern such as:

msg = string.gsub(msg,'!ты','you')

in addition if that then gets detailed enough i will add russian words to the filter addon i am working on so if there is any Russian in a message sent in a channel then it is moved to a filter log, that way it wont become popular using russian to chat globally atleast since many wouldnt see it unless they open the filter log.

i am no russian and i dont understand anything aside from (да = yes) so if the addon ever should get completed then i need a complete list in similar style as above for every correctly spelled word in small cases, no shift or caps lock letter or words since that is automatically taken care of later in the code to take care of that.

note: i added the smileys ☺ and ☻ to the game, normally if you wrote them in wow they turned to question marks similar to when you write words that your language pack doesn't understand :)

so feel free to assist me in increasing this filter and i will see what i can do :smile:

Top Bottom