• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Information What Experience Rates You Prefer?

Experience Rates

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chero

Kronos Administrator
Just for curiosity, I'm asking you to select your preferred experience rate.

YOU HAVE MULTIPLE CHOICES

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD - ALL DISCUSSION WILL BE REMOVED

Last edited:
Around 1-3x optional xp rate. Would be perfect as it pleases those who want a little bit faster leveling experience, and those who praises 1x religiously.

Usage through in-game command.

1-3x - perfect balance imo, doesn't require super much time to get 60 ~ 1 month, also it doesn't need to be 3x all the time. Mb let says 3x as a booster from vote points, mb as "exp weekends" etc etc. Something cool that will make ppl log at certain hours to level - which means more instances going for low level etc at this time.
Few cent. Those who want bit higher rates for sure won't "qq"

Even though I was against it at first, 1x. Its blizzlike, just like the rest of this server.

In the end, I will play here no matter what.

Last edited:
Of course 1x, anything other will ruin the gameplay. Leveling will show dedication and many players like me will remember stuff we played 8 years ago :)

1x to get the original vanilla feel, any higher would just ruin the feeling and is mainly preffered by people who would want instant 60 anyways or servers who don't want to fix the stuff between 1-59 and rush xp rates so no-one notices their shortcomming, however kronos aims to fix everything without leaving out or hiding those bugs so there is no reason to rush the level since there is nothing that is intended to be hidden away. Those who really want the true blizzlike feel will lvl 1x at kronos, others could if they where desperate go to an instant lvl 60 server instead. :wink:

if you want a quality-filled experience of vanilla the best approach is 1x, the rate blizzard built the game around and for. :smile:

Last edited:
For me х1-2 is OK if we want to get higher online. I prefer x1 myself, since levelling time is not very big against serious game time :) Also I'd nerfed the restbonus for those who goes x2 a bit - made an x3 for them (for a kill) while they are rested, not x4.

I did not and will not vote in this one. Because the result makes no difference to me. I want to play on Kronos(if RL allows it) and I will do so regardless of the experience rates. All I ever wanted out of a private server is a low amount of bugs and a high ammount of online population. That is what matters to a player, because that is what shapes your gaming experience. I've played on blizzlike servers and I've played on funservers and I've enjoyed playing on both when they met those two criteria, regardless of the rates.

Last edited:
1x but maybe there could be some 2x (or so) events on specific times to encourage activity in the beginning.

I voted for 1x. But slightly increased rates for quest exp (like x1.5) would be ok for me too. Questing is not so attractive in Vanilla, leveling requires a lot of grinding (and I don't think anyone enjoy grinding). Slightly increased rates for quests could reduce grinding and animate players to focus more on questing.

I honestly fear that 1x would make the server less appealing for newcomers. It sounds a reasonable answer for a "blizzlike" server, but in my personal opinion it would reduce the flux of incoming players (please let's not start a war on this one, this is just my opinion and it has open discussions elsewhere). The good old vanilla feeling is not the matter of experience gain for me, and slightly faster leveling would make it feel much better.

Voted for 1-3x.

All that sweet Vanilla flavor should be savored.

1x

Anything else would be uncivilized.

All I ever wanted out of a private server is a low amount of bugs and a high ammount of online population. That is what matters to a player, because that is what shapes your gaming experience.

This.
I'm for x1-3, but if the server's got a stable population with x1 I don't really mind, I can set aside my preference because population is all.

We can't know if higher rates will attract more or if lower will - we'll wait and see. If you truly want to play on a good server, you should be able to fight through the grind.
And hey, it won't be so bad if every quest works and dungeons are running constantly - it might even be fun!

voted x1 rate. tampering with either the exp rate or rest bonus accumulation rate after the launch for Special Events would get on my nerves too.

Edit - I'm recanting a little. If dungeon instances were granted a x2 experience rate on creatures in them, I wouldn't be offended at all. I go out of my way to avoid dungeon running as I level up to 40+ as I see lower level instances as a waste of time. A x2 rate would change my mind.

Last edited:
I chose 1x since I want the closest Vanilla experience possible and higher rates are causing multiple issues like skipping a part of the low level content (quests, dungeons...) and having problems earning enough gold to buy many things (skills, mounts, riding skills... ).

All difficulties related to the 1x are important, they are a part of the quintessence of what Vanilla WoW is. With a modified version I would feel a kind of emptiness really disturbing for the purist that I am.

voted x1 rate. tampering with either the exp rate or rest bonus accumulation rate after the launch for Special Events would get on my nerves too.

Agreed. Whatever XP rate they decide upon (hopefully 1x), I'd want it to stand firm and not ever be altered by XP events.

1x would be nice, already got some leveling buddies, so it'd be nice to have some new adventures.

Voted 1x. I've seen some very good 1x servers flourish, and I think there's a couple good unhappy 1x communities to take hold of right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom