• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Do you want a custom battleground queueing mechanic from lvl 10 to 59?

Do you want a custom battleground between lvl 1 and 59?

• Yes - but only at innkeepers

Votes: 97 31.4%
  • Yes - a chat command allows you to queue anywhere

Votes: 90 29.1%
  • No - don't change the queueing mechanic

Votes: 122 39.5%

• Total voters

jorim

IMPORTANT: THIS POLL ONLY APPLIES FOR CHARACTERS RANGING FROM LVL 10 to 59 SINCE THE STAFF STATED THAT BG COMMANDS WILL NEVER BE POSSIBLE FOR LVL 60 PLAYERS.

Sorry for caps!

Here is the official statement:
Battleground-Queue commands, which will certainly not be available to level 60 players. However, we may or may not introduce some kind of additional queuing mechanics for lower level players. This will be decided at a later point and most likely not be made available at the time of launch.

Problem:
Since low lvl characters have a slow mount or no mount at all they will often not bother traveling to the main city or the BG portal to queue up for wsg or ab. If someone queues up and a BG doesn't pop, he might not bother joining the queue the next time. A vicious circle leading to an overall lack of lowlvl battlegrounds.

Some people may argue that it is part of the community feeling to rally your allies and whisper people of the other faction with a lvl 1 alt. Other people might argue this is too much of a hassle and they would enjoy experiencing some pvp on the long way to 60.

There are 3 options (remember, you can only enter battle when you are not in combat):
1) there is a chat command which makes you instantly join the BG queue. After the battleground you are teleported back to where you clicked enter battle.
2) all innkeepers have an option where you can select to join a battleground. When the battleground ends, you are teleported back to the innkeeper.
3) leave the queueing mechanic as it is, where you can only queue in capital cities and at the battleground portal. When battleground ends, you are teleported back to where you signed up for the battleground.

Interesting point to consider is that on retail vanilla there were higher populations, but there was still a lack of people in battlegrounds. In patch 1.12 cross-realm battlegrounds were added to counter this.

edit: the word 'queue' is missing from the poll question, and obviously for queueing between lvl 10 and 59 not between 1 and 59. can a moderater edit this?

Last edited:
It will not afect gameplay at all. Almost imposible to exploit it (you cant make bg window pop-up when chasing/being chased by enemy). Using it like an additional TP to inkeeper from another location may be possible,but it still need timing you exactly want, and BG windonw active. At all,be honest, shorten your way for few minutes by this feature,cannot be used like an serious argument against it.

Great idea! They also could make dungeon(lfg) chat for leveling global so there wont be any spams in global chat and ppl could much easier group up.

I think that when you join to the dungeon through inkeeper or meeting stone (regular vanilla lfg system), then you are joined to LFG channel, but i'm not sure about that.

And btw.. we (players) can create such channel, as we have created world channel.

I wasn't planning on pvping until 60 since I was going to multibox, but now since that is off the table I would like to pvp!

Damn after reading your post OP Im torn...

But I remain with my previous statement.
I am not for custom BG or Dungeon queues.
So what if low level BGs arent popping, go World PvP. Gank some people.
It is a "pvp" server after all.

I do see the positives of this potential feature, especially since its not on lv.60
Perhaps at the Innkeepers being able to queue is alright......
But once again I remain with what I said, Im just not for it.

I prefer a more lively world and World PvP over BGs any day of the f*cking year.
Because it is logical to say that if this is implemented, then: Yes there will be more low level BGs,
but there will also be less people in the actual World at any given time. Which I dont like.

Last edited:
then: Yes there will be more low level BGs,
but there will also be less people in the actual World at any given time. Which I dont like.

I don't think it matters, since you don't earn any xp in the battlegrounds the total amount of time you need to spend leveling is the same. It will just take a little more gametime before you can afk at lvl 60 in ironforge.

Implementing custom queueing probably won't be necessary the first weeks after release since everyone is on the bottom of the level pyramid meaning plenty of people playing battlegrounds and also main cities aren't far away for queueing when you are below lvl 20. But it will become harder after that.

I think it would reduce the amount of people that quit before they reach lvl 60 because they have more stuff to look forward to while leveling besides talent points, mount, spells and dungeons:

Lvl 10: you are now able to do wsg
Lvl 20: you can now do arathi basin
lvl 51: you can now do alterac valley

Then they would also look forward to being lvl 19-29-39-49-59 because then they can dominate their lvl bracket.

And as far as world pvp is fun (graveyards can be very far away in vanilla) it is not the same as a battleground.

If there is 1 WSG going on in every level bracket, there would be 100 people in the battlegrounds. Does it really matter when the online population is over 1k? What if this function attracts at least 100 people more? Doesn't that benefit everyone?

Last edited:
If there is 1 WSG going on in every level bracket, there would be 100 people in the battlegrounds. Does it really matter if the online population is over 1k? What if this function attracts at least 100 people more?

Leveling can be frustrating and not being able to do any BG's before lvl 60 can be annoying.

Being able to queue into low lvl bg's from anywhere would actually make them happen, none of the private servers have active low level bg brackets. Mostly due to the low population, but if you could actually queue into it without having to stop questing and leveling.

But if its going to be over 1x, i dont think it really matters, there isnt going to be enuf people for the low lvl bg's anyway.

I think the innkeepers are a good compromise that could be implemented in case the bg pops are low, inns are close by almost everywhere and bg entrances would also be used. But in the main cities queing from inns should be disabled so players have to visit the war room :)

Queuing with a command:
Get chased by enemy? Run away til your out of combat, queue up, accept port, be safe.

Queuing from inkeeper:
Have to travel to a questgiver and afterwards back to the inn? Dont use HS but stil skip the way! Sign up at the inkeeper, hope for a long queue, hand in quests, join bg, afk out and back to the inkeeper :)

don't earn any xp in the battlegrounds the total amount of time you need to spend leveling is the same.

With a bug report that might get fixed someday you will get XP for turning in MArks which you cant do when you queue in the mountains of redridge mountains.

Also i would like to experience the way people queue for bgs with the current state with portals and battlemasters first. Because there were people dueling and practicing their classes when they were out from the portals, this wont happen with this queue command, everyone will be solo and spread everywhere in the game. But i dont know how its gonna look like with both together, queue command and portals. also remember pvp marks disappear after 24 hours, so im not sure ... because ... dont you wanna turn in the marks? where you can queue too?

Then they would also look forward to being lvl 19-29-39-49-59 because then they can dominate their lvl bracket.

The bugfix of that report i made will definitly support low level battlegrounds in each bracket because of that xp reward.

I'll go with whatever the Kronos team thinks is best. Twinstar has years of private wow server managing experience - I do not.

I really don't care. You should put that option too. Since I and many others will try to rush for lvl 60. maybe this will be a interesting option after server has many lvl 60 players and they want to twink or lvl another alt.

I went with no. If you want to pvp go to war room and pvp stop being lazy ass. If you're far away and you're like "oooh but i'm too far away to queue" then you really don't feel like queueing for pvp. Low lvl pvp will maybe be active when server opens up and will be inactive for quite some time because everyone will play lvl 60s but then slowly people will make twinks and we'll see rise in low lvl bg action.

^that. Also don't forget the "Join q as grp" option, you can always ask someone in your bracket to que you no matter where you are. You just need to ask and party up with someone in a major city. This might even help socializing, instead of just playing alone using a lazy-ass command to join:p Clearly a NO.

Last edited:
^that. Also don't forget the "Join q as grp" option, you can always ask someone in your bracket to que you no matter where you are. You just need to ask and party up with someone in a major city. This might even help socializing, instead of just playing alone using a lazy-ass command to join:p Clearly a NO.
exactly that. Heck i even forgot about party queueing o_O I used to to that all the time.

I feel to get more people into BGs...the leveling routine should not be broken, to be able to que from anywhere can be the reason why the que time is either 10 minutes or 45.

dzonibegood and thatdcdewd, do you guys know about the red portals ?

I'm afraid I don't quite understand your question:/ yes I'm well aware of the BG instance portals in their respective zones, and the fact that before 1.6.0 the battlemasters in major cities were nonexistent. Is that what's bugging you? I said major cities yes, because I'm sure we're gonna have battlemasters:p

I'm afraid I don't quite understand your question:/ yes I'm well aware of the BG instance portals in their respective zones, and the fact that before 1.6.0 the battlemasters in major cities were nonexistent. Is that what's bugging you? I said major cities yes, because I'm sure we're gonna have battlemasters:p

yes but there will be people queueing from the red portals too, not just battlemasters.
you know, those who level in that zone might try it out or people who are exploring the area.

it wont be that much of interest as of the patch were battlemasters were not existing, but atleast a little bit and thats what im supporting. and i dont want people to ignore that, because people will believe there is nothing else than battlemasters, but yeah, will see what people do.

Top Bottom