• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Your knowledge of Vanilla PvE?

How deep is your knowledge of Vanilla PvE?

• I'm an expert, I know almost everything.

Votes: 19 16.4%
  • I'm an expert when it comes to my class(es).

Votes: 17 14.7%
  • I DO know a lot. But there're some raids about which I know very little. Or knew, but forgot.

Votes: 47 40.5%
  • I know something. But there're a lot of things about which I know very little. Or knew, but forgot.

Votes: 13 11.2%
  • I have a rough notion about life on 60... Very rough.

Votes: 13 11.2%
  • Kronos will be my first door to the Vanilla World.

Votes: 7 6.0%

• Total voters

nimeralos

Authorized
The poll is anonymous, so you can vote truthfully and no one will think you're a noob.

I'm sorry if options aren't precise enough. I believe that "knowledge-meter" doomed to be a bit inaccurate :)

Last edited:
"I know something. But there're a lot of things about which I know very little. Or knew, but forgot."

I played retail Vanilla and quit not long after Burning Crusade, then a few Vanilla servers over the past few years. I never got far once I discovered they were bugged and lackluster. I remember a good amount of the fundamentals but almost nothing about higher level and end-game content.

Looking forward to fleshing out my knowledge on classic WoW.

The only problem with this poll is, that doesn't specifically mention Retail Vanilla knowledge/experience, and I'm pretty sure lots of people consider their "private server experience" equivalent to that. I have played (yes that includes raiding all available content) on pretty much all the major private servers and _NONE_ of them could provide "blizzlike" scripts. No matter how decently that private server was scripted, Please don't consider it as if it was Retail experience.

edit: or maybe I just shouldn't have voted, because I've obviously answered a different question:D

The only problem with this poll is, that doesn't specifically mention Retail Vanilla knowledge/experience, and I'm pretty sure lots of people consider their "private server experience" equivalent to that.
Yep, the poll is humanitarian, it hurts me too... But, well, may everybody vote as he/she wants, as he/she thinks most correctly. Self-rating is private business :)

I started playing WoW a bit after retail launch with patch 1.3.0, actually a few weeks before it hit.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_1.3.0

I only played Alliance side on Cenarian Circle server up to level 20ish, then my friends and I re rolled Horde on Twisting Nether. I leveled up 5 characters to max level and geared them before Burning Crusade broke, so... Pretty much, if it's a topic on horde pre BC, it's going to be something I've leveled a character through multiple times. AQ and Naxx for Pre BC is something I have only limited knowledge / repeated experience with. With the raids and instances below that, yeah, I have countless hours of instancing burned into my brain.

Last edited:
I consider myself an expert, but since it was years ago, I'm really looking forward those "Ohhh now I remember it worked that way" moments. I still raid in retail, and countless things changed since then.

The only problem with this poll is, that doesn't specifically mention Retail Vanilla knowledge/experience, and I'm pretty sure lots of people consider their "private server experience" equivalent to that. I have played (yes that includes raiding all available content) on pretty much all the major private servers and _NONE_ of them could provide "blizzlike" scripts. No matter how decently that private server was scripted, Please don't consider it as if it was Retail experience.

edit: or maybe I just shouldn't have voted, because I've obviously answered a different question:D

Valkyire wow i found was actually brilliant and blizzlike, just low population, no devs and only up to BWL, shame..:sad:

Ehmm, to expand on my post in the twin thread then.

2005-2006 I experienced every raid instance as progress between 2005 and 2006, i.e. I participated in the struggle for every encounter. This worked for me from OLair and MC up to Twin Emps, Raz & Anub. Then my guild went into slumber, so I joined a second crew, which, unfortunately, had already taken down C'Thun and had Naxxramas at 10/15. I did enjoy some progression with them too, until 4H killed us.

Thus, I voted I DO know a lot, but I forgot parts etc.
The chaps who've played on private Classic Realms in the interim will be a lot savvier on details from the get-go than us who continued on Retail, there's no doubt about it. Then again, it's no rocket science so etc.

Top Bottom