• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Information on neutral guards, pets and low lvl BG queuing

Lexenadar

I was curious as to Kronos's stance on some points, and since I couldn't find any answer, here I am making a thread. Sorry if it's already been asked and I didn't search well enough. Anyway, let's start by the minor points.

I've played a lot on Feenix's Emerald Dream and I was surprised to see that all Goblin neutral guards were severely buffed up, killing in less than 2 hits most lvl 60 characters. According to what I've heard (I started WoW after vanilla), it wasn't like that in retail. So how are they going to be on Kronos? Honestly, I've already dreamed of starting brawls in BB's tavern, so it'd be good if Goblins weren't walking gods, heh. It's a nice place for Wpvp since both factions have a flight path there and the graveyard's right next to it. Even though if I experienced it while lvling I'd probably understand why they're like that on Feenix...

Secondly, bugged pets. On Feenix, pets will litterally never unaggro, even if the target vanishes or runs hundreds of meters away. However, I actually heard it was broken like this on retail vanilla. So is Kronos going to strafe a little away from =Blizz in order to make the game better, as they did by making trees block LoS, or is it going to be the same?

And finally, does Kronos know their final stance on BG queuing? I read on a relatively old thread that they hadn't decided yet, but since 61% of the community agree that low lvl BG queuing should be there in some way (and for comparison, 68% voted for the 1x rate), I suppose it's quite an important question. It honestly is one of the things that make me the most pumped up about the server, since I do not plan on rushing to 60 like most people. So has Kronos decided if it'll be implimented, and how it will be?

Thank you in advance for the answers. I really had another question in mind when I decided to make the thread but it's slipped out of my mind as I was writing it.... I'll ask it in a comment when it comes back.

And since this is the Internet and I expect this to spiral into an argument, well sorry about that. If it's about the last point you might as well do it in the related thread.

Last edited:
Pets are okay, i never encountered some of your points.
Low level queing still not confirmed that i may be possible by an Innkeeper, but this would be the only addition.

And the goblind should be elite, but they arent afaik, or reverse.. will check it.

Edit:
So the Goblins hit with almost 600 without any reduction. May a bit much.. And they shouldn't be elite.

BTW: -> http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/91056-Frequently-Asked-Questions updated yesterday

Last edited:
Though I have nothing more to add to this then what Zed has posted (the updated FAQ states that pvp queuing might be available through innkeepers like dungeon queuing, but the decision hasnt been finalised). And as a level 60, started raiding ZG, mage in retail, i remember the goblins in Gadgetzan 3-4 shotting me...even 2 shotting, if i remember correctly

I would, however, like to say thank you for bringing to light the fact that Kronos has made trees block LoS, it didnt know that...its awesome

Last edited:
I would, however, like to say thank you for bringing to light the fact that Kronos has made trees block LoS, it didnt know that...its awesome

Haha, tbh, i just stated the pets, the bgs and the some infos about the bruisers, and yay they 4 shotted me with my level 60 just hitted 60 mage(7% dmg reduction).
But the tree LOS stuff is really old, here 0:34+ ->
[video=youtube_share;HU0UyZ8ntCo]http://youtu.be/HU0UyZ8ntCo?t=34s[/video]

Now that you point it out. I do remember the video...but having read what Lex said kind of clicked the fact that it would work with all trees even in PvE vs mobs.

The goblins are a little harder to deal with then elite mobs in a level 60 dungeon. Fighting them takes a decent group of 5...fighting them is one of the only ways to get bloodsail rep at level 60...thats the main reason why I remember their difficulty.

Edit: I was not completely sure...so i went hunting for any evidence that the Brusiers in booty Bay are elite...I have found out that they were level 63 and as well as bruisers there are goblins called Booty Bay Elites. In addition, it seems people (hunters and shamans mainly) were able to solo bruisers 3-4 at a time at level 60 and 70...apart for this I havent found any confirmation they are or are not elite.

Edit2: This thread on the offical forum makes it seem like they weren't elites and were farm-able up until a certain expansion: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2592852203.

Also found this on a vanilla database site which says they are actually level 57 elites...http://db.vanillagaming.org/?npc=4624. However, I know how skewed vanilla databases can be

Edit3: Well I think this answers everything...heres a potato quality video (it is 8 years old): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQZTINE0hqs which clearly shows the killing of goblin bruisers (you cant quite see the name causes the quality is so bad) in vanilla wow...and they arent elite

Heres a better video of vanilla wow on news years eve of 05...where the goblins were drunk and asleep: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK1nV8smSOE. This video clearly shows they are level 57 and are not elite. Whether this will be changed in Kronos, I havent a clue.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure they will change the state from elite to nonelite, but the flag alone isn't related to the damage they do.

You are right. I was just going through the phases of answering my own question because my memory is a little muddled. What their exact damage output is will most likely remain a mystery...probably much less then that of elite status. We will just have to see what the playerbase would like out of Booty Bay, Ratchet, Gadgetzan, Everlook.

Thank you guys for answering. And yes I had read the FAQ I was just wondering if a final decision had been made on BG queuing... The innkeeper solution's good to me. I hope it'll be implimented not too late after the server's started though. But I trust the Kronos team with it, they seem to be doing a great job.

Heh, I'm surprised even people who experienced vanilla have a hard time remembering some details like the goblin guards, I guess the game really is getting old...

Oh and nice, I was going to ask if we had confirmation that enough effort was being put on fixing scripted quests but then I read a thread where people said even quests such as The Attack or Cuergo's Gold are fixed! I like how the Kronos team works :D

I remember the booty bay bruiserd to hit like 200-300, and not elite. They all came at you instantly throwing nets etc, you would have 4 of those yokels on you quickly.

I can be mistaken ofcourse.

@Jorim
What class did u play (armor) cuz my numbers are without any reduction, i'm curious on my own to figure out the values...

How much % reduction u got or armor value.

Edit:

After a lil' discussion the damage is fine atm.

Last edited:
Top Bottom