• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Vanish / Stealth + Multi-Shot / Chainlighting and Hunter Pets = Blizzlike?

sushibarf

Authorized
These two scenarios are NOT blizzlike right?

1. You get thrown out of 'Stealth' if you stand in a group and the enemy uses 'Mulit-Shot' or 'Chainlighting'.

2. Hunter pets are able to find and attack you after using 'Vanish'.

As far as I remember thoses scenarios didn't occur on retail vanilla.

Simple logic: you and your pet can't attack something that isn't visible unless you use an AoE spell.

Cheers.

That poison proc on sap in video always gets me. Has anything been done to fix that?

That poison proc on sap in video always gets me. Has anything been done to fix that?

There doesn't seem to be a bug report for this. If you can find evidence that poison should not proc on a sap hit. Make a bug report and it will get fixed.

I don't know what you mean with fix, remove it, leave it? Cause it is blizzlike.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-...-ts=1422327029&feature=player_detailpage#t=71
Neilyo resaps the priest -> crippling proc
After that he uses cheapshot. Not a single autohit landed on the target as sap remained intact the entire time.
Neilyo runs the hemo spec from patch 1.12. The chances this was changed from 1.12 to 1.12.1 are minimal.

Multi and Aimed have been fixed as shown in the video. The related patch was 1.11.

At some points pets and minions would chase you even AFTER you stealthed. That means rogues had to use vanish to get rid of them otherwise the pet would just take you out of stealth. I guess it got changed at some point, but this was a known issue for quite a long time. Probably even in 1.12.1.

Last edited:
I distinctly remember in Vanilla when Rogue was my main, after stealthing, hunter pets would still chase me. I would nerd rage over it. Popping vanish was the only way to get the pets to disengage. I don't remember them ever chasing me after a Vanish. But yeah, Vanish is one of those quirky abilities that just does weird shit sometimes.

distinctly remember in Vanilla when Rogue was my main, after stealthing, hunter pets would still chase me. I would nerd rage over it. Popping vanish was the only way to get the pets to disengage. I don't remember them ever chasing me after a Vanish. But yeah, Vanish is one of those quirky abilities that just does weird shit sometimes.

On Feenix pets will not disaggro, even if you vanish or gouge+sprint them. I hope it'll be fixed here :(

I'd already watched it and I don't see any evidence of it being fixed... Though I guess if they were able to fix all those issues, the pet one should be fine. I trust the Kronos team on it a lot more than I do most other server's, that's for sure

I'd already watched it and I don't see any evidence of it being fixed... Though I guess if they were able to fix all those issues, the pet one should be fine. I trust the Kronos team on it a lot more than I do most other server's, that's for sure

Given that it's Lharts saying it, I would assume that the issue is fixed since he/she is a long time tester even though the video is not showcasing that. You could always send a PM to filvorja and let him/her know that this issue would be a great thing to possibly showcase if it's fixed.

Nope, spells shouldn't be hitting stealthed players.

Patch 1.11.0:
  • Chain targeted spells and abilities (e.g. Multi-shot, Cleave, Chain Lightning) will no longer land if target cannot be seen by the caster due to stealth or invisibility.

Tested:
1. Hunter sends pet on me, I use stealth -> pet turns and runs back to the hunter. No need for vanish
2. Crippling + Sap -> Using sap can also apply crippling to the target. It gets both debuffs.
3. Instant Poison + Sap -> Sap can trigger Instant Poison, however the proc does not break the Sap.
4. Weapon Procs + Sap -> Sap can trigger weapong procs. If it is direct damage it will not break the stealth. If it is dots, the first tick will break the CC. The same goes for Deadly Poison, but who uses this really?

Additional test, if the player who receives a sap wears items such as https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?item=11669 or other abilities that can proc on hits YOU will not trigger them. Therefore they don't break stealth. I couldn't think of any other way how the stealth system may be bugged. Tell me if you want me to test something else.

Last edited:
Tested:
1. Hunter sends pet on me, I use stealth -> pet turns and runs back to the hunter. No need for vanish
2. Crippling + Sap -> Using sap can also apply crippling to the target. It gets both debuffs.
3. Instant Poison + Sap -> Sap can trigger Instant Poison, however the proc does not break the Sap.
4. Weapon Procs + Sap -> Sap can trigger weapong procs. If it is direct damage it will not break the stealth. If it is dots, the first tick will break the CC. The same goes for Deadly Poison, but who uses this really?

Wow, nice! Glad to see that's been fixed and to see quick feedback like this. Keep it up

Tested:

Additional test, if the player who receives a sap wears items such as https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?item=11669 or other abilities that can proc on hits YOU will not trigger them. Therefore they don't break stealth. I couldn't think of any other way how the stealth system may be bugged. Tell me if you want me to test something else.

Kudos for such a detailed test : )

Top Bottom