• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

How to get started?

dioporc

The main website is everything but clear about how to get started with this project. it took me 10 minutes to find out what the realmlist should be like since then only place in which I found it is on this this forum thread (which means a newbie must already start digging in the forum sections as soon as he approaches to the website just to find one of the most important info to play here) or this page which is in NO WAY reachable by browsing the homepage links (in fact I had to google 'kronos realmlist' to find it, since the "support" link in the homepage just tells some thing about IRC and stuffs. Now that I set my realmlist properly, where do I create one or more accounts for the game? "Register" seems to appear nowhere, except for the "join now" button which leads directly into the forum register form. Is the forum account the same as the in-game account? If not, where the heck to I register to play? That "how to connect" page that I found only says download the game, set realmlist and play. Hurr durr like yes and what I even type when I open the game lol. The Account Manager section of the forum only shows the way you can manage your email/password/character and donate...

(The mirrors to download the three client parts [not the torrent one] are not even in english)

Last edited:
You need to register at twinstar.cz you can put this page in english by a button in the top right corner.

The "how to connect" page is idd not linked anywhere directly, I guess they intend to link it when the server goes live.

but I agree a news post with some basic info is useful.

Isn't there a sticky right above this thread labelled ''Open beta basics'' ? I just found all the info I needed it took 1 minute :)

You need to register at twinstar.cz you can put this page in english by a button in the top right corner.

The "how to connect" page is idd not linked anywhere directly, I guess they intend to link it when the server goes live.

but I agree a news post with some basic info is useful.

You can put the forum language to english but the external mirrors which are given to download the client are still in another language (czech?).

Also what people like me is looking for is just a "how to connect" thread and a visible and proper how to connect web page, because the current one just tells to download the game then play lol.

Isn't there a sticky right above this thread labelled ''Open beta basics'' ? I just found all the info I needed it took 1 minute :)
I've tried that link but even when I think i'm done with the preparation I am still unable to connect. I modify and then save the new realmlist but for seome reason I can still connect to the previous server I was playing on, and of course I can't connect to this one (i've verified the inputs are spelled correctly)

Last edited:
If you are still connecting to another server, then you probably played on feenix and have their wow client with corrupted wow.exe. However, Kronos is now offline.

If you are still connecting to another server, then you probably played on feenix and have their wow client with corrupted wow.exe. However, Kronos is now offline.
I wasnt gonna name other realms, but I played different servers and I always use the same client, which doesnt have custom launchers or stuffs like that. I find hard to believe that the folder might be corrupted, how would I fix it? Also i've always downloaded clients from external torrents and never from respective projects websites (I play on mac and they usually do not post link for mac client)

Last edited:
I wasnt gonna name other realms, but I played different servers and I always use the same client, which doesnt have custom launchers or stuffs like that. I find hard to believe that the folder might be corrupted, how would I fix it? Also i've always downloaded clients from external torrents and never from respective projects websites (I play on mac and they usually do not post link for mac client)

Then i don't know what's wrong. Clear vanilla client should work fine

I use the same clear vanilla client for windows i have since 2006 (yeah, I have it since then backed up on some good ol' CDs), and had no problems. Could be a Mac client issue, my guess.

Top Bottom