• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

So is Alt-tabbing multiboxing allowed?

Pseudoku

Is multi-boxing allowed?

Unlike on the other TwinStar realms, multi-boxing that utilizes additional software of any kind, be it complete all in one multi-boxing tools or a simple key cloner is banned on Kronos. Simple alt tabbing is, however, allowed.

Simple alt-tabbing between two accounts, no software, key cloning etc. I thought it allowed as per the above. which is taken from the FAQ post.

However, a GM on the realm posted

"Playing for multiple characters at the same time will be punished!"

It's quite a shame if this rule has been in place and now suddenly changes on launch :(

I discussed this topic a bit with a GM, however I can't say the conversation was very revealing.
What I can say is that the GM would direct me to the multiboxing petition thread and then in very broken English say something along the lines like that is enough evidence to ban multiboxers.
I speculate a lot of people were reporting the few multiboxers who were "ruining" the mmo experience. Therefore they decided to change the rules for the third time.
Simple as that.

As long as you are manually pressing each key for each spell/ability, yourself, for each character, without any 3rd party macro program. It is allowed.

There is a system called Warden in place which is used by Blizzard that can see the use of programs like that.

We don't consider alt-tabbing as multiboxing. We consider multiboxing using a third party software to clone actions and/or movement to other characters.

Thus alt-tabbing is not banned.

I was alt tabbing and yet I was told I would be banned by a GM, sephra I think. I am using LazyPig addons are those bannable?

We don't consider alt-tabbing as multiboxing. We consider multiboxing using a third party software to clone actions and/or movement to other characters.

Thanks very much for the quick reply! Back to levelling! :D

Chero, can you clarify these seemingly conflicting statements once and for all? Are there two different factions regarding this ability on your TS staff, or is this confusion on my part in thinking these say two different things?

Specifically, I have two characters on two different accounts that I created yesterday and played together on Kronos. I group them and level them together using only normal macros and alt-tabbing, and group with others for quests and such when needed, letting them know up front that I am running both characters manually and am not as reliable as two characters controlled by independent people.

I use nothing but alt-tabbing and a couple in-game macros for /assist, /follow. That's it.

So ... am I legal on Kronos or not?

1. Chero says I am legal: You allow running two characters, each from a different account but controlled by the same person (me), with no special automation or addon aids apart from alt-tab and in-game macros:

2. Selash says I am not legal: in this List of Rules posted today which says:

6. The following violations are punished:

- It is strictly forbidden to play (do quests, level up, play PvP) with more than one character at the same time -> multiboxing is forbidden! (only on Kronos)

I thought (1) is the rule, which is why I rolled both characters and spent yesterday leveling them together.

Can you please answer, is it (1) or (2)?

Alt-tabbing is NOT "playing more than one character at the same time". You play one character, then SWITCH and play the other. What is not clear?

If there is one leader character and after him 3 slaves and if leader character is casting fireball and slaves do the same thing like army of clones. This is bannable offence.

Alt-tabbing is NOT "playing more than one character at the same time". You play one character, then SWITCH and play the other. What is not clear?

Well I think it's just the wording... For example, say at the simplest you run around and do everything on one character with a second on /follow, while doing a kill quest the second character will also be getting credit for just being in the same party. Technically, couldn't this be seen as doing a quest with more than one character, which conflict with the quoted rule below... Add to this that no-one would just leave the second character to /follow only and would no doubt alt-tab to that account and cast a dot or cast a heal if required etc

"It is strictly forbidden to play (do quests, level up, play PvP) with more than one character at the same time"

I really hope that this is just people like me and redgiant being over cautious as obviously we don't want to break the rules / have our time spent levelling two characters wasted.

So I'm still going off Chero's reply and the following (see below) until I hear to the contrary. Simple alt-tabbing, no additional software!

"Unlike on the other TwinStar realms, multi-boxing that utilizes additional software of any kind, be it complete all in one multi-boxing tools or a simple key cloner is banned on Kronos. Simple alt tabbing is, however, allowed."

Yes, Pseudoku has it right. That is what am asking to be sure about, since the wording is ambiguous.

The word "play" should be tighter. "play" is a general term covering "single instance", "alt-tabbing" and "multi-boxing" forms of gameplay. If your intent is to disallow "multi-boxing", then only use the word "multi-boxing" in the rule.

The follow-on phrase after the arrow which states multi-boxing is forbidden might seem to some to be a restatement of the first part, but others like me read it as a strangely separate comment that can be taken as its own rule (and not the part I am worried over).

If you just alter the first phrase of the rule text , then the second part is a literal restatement and can then be dropped, with no more ambiguity.

Rule as written:

"It is strictly forbidden to play (do quests, level up, play PvP) with more than one character at the same time -> multiboxing is forbidden! (only on Kronos)"

Rule making it more clear the intended coverage (lining up with the FAQ and Chero's comment):

"It is strictly forbidden to multi-box (do quests, level up, play PvP) with more than one character at the same time (only on Kronos)"

This one-word change then makes perfect sense, as what multi-boxing encompasses is then covered fine by both the FAQ and Chero's comment.

And yes, this is a big deal to some people who don't want to take any chance of being banned.

Last edited:
"It is strictly forbidden to play (do quests, level up, play PvP) with more than one character at the same time -> multiboxing is forbidden! (only on Kronos)"

This would make it or break it for me. It needs clarification.

A few minutes ago Selash contacted me ingame saying that "is not allowed multiboxing". I replied referring to the FAQ, and now I just realized that there are new rules for two days ... It's pretty disappointing because I have opted for this server almost exclusively for multiboxing.

According Selash, there is no way to check if someone is using real-alt tab or if it is simulating (and actually used keyclonners). I dont see this very clear.

If a GM has two minutes to drop by and dispel the confusion that still exists, despite the update rules, it would be great.

A few minutes ago Selash contacted me ingame saying that "is not allowed multiboxing". I replied referring to the FAQ, and now I just realized that there are new rules for two days ... It's pretty disappointing because I have opted for this server almost exclusively for multiboxing.

According Selash, there is no way to check if someone is using real-alt tab or if it is simulating (and actually used keyclonners). I dont see this very clear.

If a GM has two minutes to drop by and dispel the confusion that still exists, despite the update rules, it would be great.

The allowance of alt-tabbing was also the deciding factor for me choosing this server as well. I do hope this can be cleared up with a definitive answer soon :(

I was recently banned by Ortix for "multiboxing", even though I used absolutely no 3rd party software.
I had 5 characters up and running, which probably looked suspicious, but its not hard to rapidly switch between screens with alt-tabbing.
He claims to have observed my characters while I was attacking a mob and concluded that the rate at which my attacks were being administered were too fast for alt-tabbing. This is bullshit, so I suggest screen recording while you play so you have evidence to provide when they ban you.

Ya it was awful, four of them acted as meat shields so I am not too upset I was banned, at the rate I was leveling it would probably take half a year to get them all to 60.

Well if Selash or another GM is actually observing play in cases to determine if they think any illegal automation is being employed, then I feel more at ease.

I use a mage and priest to just range cast at mobs with alt-tab. With an occasional heal on the mage who I try to keep aggro on. I'm not even using AE, other than a Frost Nova to run away.

Anyone watching my two can tell they are just alternating casts. If anything unusual happens, it is almost comical to watch me try to ad lib and not die.

Summarized: Alt-tapping is allowed without using any other programm

Corrected me, if i am wrong.

So good night and enjoy the game

Yeah, the wording of the rules has been updated to

It is strictly forbidden to play (do quests, level up, play PvP) with more than one character at the same time using third party software (only on Kronos)

so alt-tabbing is fine.

I had 5 characters up and running, which probably looked suspicious, but its not hard to rapidly switch between screens with alt-tabbing.
... so I suggest screen recording while you play so you have evidence to provide when they ban you.

I'd love to see such a recording :w00t:

- It is strictly forbidden to play (do quests, level up, play PvP) with more than one character at the same time using third party software (only on Kronos)
- using third party software
- third party software
- THIRD PARTY

My buddy still was banned for a simple alt+tabbing. He was corpsecamped and switched to his alt. 2 days ban. 2 days are not a big deal, but does this damn rule works as intended at last? Or there IS some unwritten "only bank/auction alts"?

If it was a GM mistake... GMs are doing a hard job, and I really respect them for it. But please make it clear for every GM that simple alt+tabbing without any evidence of third-party software (simply - without any usage of third-party software) is not bannable.

Last edited:
Is multi-boxing allowed?

Unlike on the other TwinStar realms, multi-boxing that utilizes additional software of any kind, be it complete all in one multi-boxing tools or a simple key cloner is banned on Kronos. Simple alt tabbing is, however, allowed.
http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/91056-Frequently-Asked-Questions

taken from the FAQ and yes, it is still pretty vague if you ask me. If you boost your alt(s) through quests and dungeons or even do world PvP with 'simple alt tabbig' you SHOULD not get banned according to this FAQ, right?

But I think PvP stuff is something different (1 healing alt, quick alt+tab for shield and heals gives you still a BIG advatage vs solo players!) than boosting yourself through PvE stuff without getting anyone else involved.

There are a bit too many things on Kronos which are kind of vague, even with the 'List of Violations'. But you simply can not write and give examples for every situation AND you need to keep in mind, that the staff should(and does) also judge cases of heavy 'abusing' of things individually.

But yes, bump for interest as I also help my alt sometimes with my main in PvE....

I alt-tab all the time and its not a problem. Which it also should not be according to the rules.

Top Bottom