• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warrior need some macro help if possible

mashadow21

i need some help with macros since the macros are totally diffirent then live and i dont recall myself keeping any old macros around anymore, ill make a list of what i need and help would be really appriciated!

charge, hamstring maco (charges out of combat =>applys hamstring)

change stance from battle stance => berserker stance and cast intercept macro

a stance dance macro that brings me from combat to defensive stance (only that)

a change stance macro that brings me to defensive stance fromp ANY stance equips a onehanded+shield and casts shield block

ill need more later when i lvl up. help would be nice

For the first its pretty simple...

/cast Charge
/cast Hamstring

Why? Cause you can only cast Charge if you are in the right range or out of combat, so a check for that is obsolete.

The last one is also super simple...

/run CastSpellByName("Defensive Stance");
/run UseActionSlot(X);
/run UseActionSlot(Y);
/run CastSpellByName("Shield Wall");

X is 1 handed weapon
Y is shield

Put your shield in any slot in your interface and do the same for your sword. Put in the numbers in the makro.
Check the values for the slots here http://oi52.tinypic.com/2w3oyfm.jpg

With an addon to extend the available spaces you can also write more advanced makros that scan your inventory for a certain item to equipp it. I cba writing that new so if you want just PM me and I send it to you once I have the time.

Now to the second and third makro you asked for.
NOTE: I have no client right now to try it out, but it should be something along the lines of...

2:
/run if(GetShapeShiftForm() == 1) then CastSpellByName("Berseker Stance"); end;
/cast Intercept
NOTE: You probably have to spam this one to make it work

3:
/run if(GetShapeShiftForm() == 1) then CastSpellByName("Defensive Stance"); end;

hi,

sorry for posting this here

I have a questions about tanking as protection war (never played tank before).
Im running low level dungeons and sometimes i have really problems to keep agrro of mobs (usually fight against 3+ mobs).

1. I use autoatack :biggrin: (yeah is under "1" on my keyboard as default), then some prot spells (revenge, sunders etc) when i have enough rage for it...

2. I use "tab" to change targets - but there comes problems, when fight is in room or there are only little space for fight. Then some mobs are going behind me and is difficult use "tab" now because i must "face to face" all of them to use any attack and make threat... At this time its usually going crazy (i cant change camera distance cause we are in room :sad:) and sometimes one or two mobs are agrroed by healer or 1st dps... but i notice this late so healer are going down and way to him is long (standard situation :innocent: )

So my question is: do you use any special kind of "rotation" or its just about skill and trying to improve myself? Do you choose targets after pull by "tab" on keyboard or you choose targets by mouse?

I think my armor is good for tanking (uncommon, rare). I have spikes on shield, sometimes i use elixirs, im buffed with stamina etc. We are talking about low level dungeons as a blackfathom deeps, shadowfang keep etc.

any advice would be apreciate

/pardon my english

Last edited:
I had a lengthy discussion with another player who was facing similar problems.
Skill in tanking is exponential. Let me explain why.
If you tank a mob/s you gain rage. If you manage to hold that mob/s you gain more rage making it easier for you to tank. See where this is going? Getting just a little better at tanking has a huge impact. Don't get demotivated.

What most new tanks do wrong is that they start to panic once they lose aggro of a single mob. They try to desperately get it back and lose aggro on their remaining targets (going crazy). Once this has happened you are pretty much rage starving and can't get anything back to you.

There are a few tricks that make tanking alot easier and usually solve most of newcomers problems.

1. pop bloodrage right after the pull
Bloodrage generates rage and this generates threat. Not only do you get extra rage for your styles, but you also get free threat. Most of the times thats even enought to hold aggro aginst 1-2 heals.

2. use berserker rage (32?)
The extra rage from this spell help alot right after you pulled a pack

3. if you lose a target early after the pull make sure that you build enought threat on your remaining targets before you taunt it back.
Trash doesn't hit that hard and you can afford to have a dps getting beaten. Better him then your healer.

4. save rage whenever possible
If you are sure that a mob is sticking to you, stop wasting rage on more threat. This will take a while to get a feeling for it of course. If you start a new pull with the remaining rage from a previous fight you have it so much easier. Instances usually have critters, you can also use them to build additional rage or make sure you don't lose any in between pulls (hint from Sivo, not my idea).

I only had a tank twink back in the days but i would also recommend that you ask for leader and put signs on the targets. Then announce the first target, so all of the dmg dealers focus on one target. The focused target should die pretty fast but u have a bit more time for the other mobs.

I hope u do understand what I'm trying to tell. Have fun tanking :D

I only had a tank twink back in the days but i would also recommend that you ask for leader and put signs on the targets. Then announce the first target, so all of the dmg dealers focus on one target. The focused target should die pretty fast but u have a bit more time for the other mobs.

I hope u do understand what I'm trying to tell. Have fun tanking :D

hi, ty :biggrin: sure, i know this

tbh sometimes im too lazy pig for using marks (right click on portrait of enemy, then select mark...) - probably this is one reason why i have problems with agrro :biggrin:

If you can bind X / Moon / possibly Diamond as well, it really speeds up the run and you can command the group's damage / CC during the fight without needing to type.

as long as skull bind is easy to reach, you will generally draw damage like a moth to flame on to your chosen target

sometimes people dps X right of the bat as well, with cleave or with great dps and weak mobs, so make sure to at least slap a sunder on that

oh one more thing, and I'm not sure if its 'blizzlike' or whatever, but I found that battle shout generates more threat than demo shout, the more party members buffed with BS, the more threat generated.

ty!

oh one more thing, and I'm not sure if its 'blizzlike' or whatever, but I found that battle shout generates more threat than demo shout, the more party members buffed with BS, the more threat generated.

please correct me if im wrong: does it means that if i pull mob and after that i use BS, it generates threat only for warrior or for all party members in range?

I thought, that BS generates threat for all party members in range (so healers threat and warriors threat will be at same level after using BS - and there is no gain for warrior if it works like this).

If im mistaken, it should really help me use BS after pull first and then use revenge/sunder.

ty again!

Last edited:
This is blizzlike. Afaik for every party member that you buff BS you get 55 threat. Don't quote me on the exact value.

According to this guide here DS generates 43 thread per mob and BS 55 per member de/buffed.

Yeah those values should be correct, dont know if its included in guide but Battle shout threat is divided by the number of mobs in combat with you, hence under 7 mobs BS>DS, but Demo shout all the way from 7 and up.
Although i wouldnt suggest using battle shout to tank, its much better to change targets and use normal threat mechanics such as revenge/sunder(slam if you are prot)

(assuming you are buffing all of your group with BS, you get 275 threat,
275/x >= 43
this is only true if integer x=<6)

hopefully this helps ^^

Top Bottom