• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Ok, I think it's time for a release date on BWL...

Zipzo

Authorized
Ragnaros and Onyxia have been killed by multiple guilds on both factions, so I think it's about time we get some kind of word on the release date so those of us organizing guilds can make preparations and such. We'll continue farming gear but it'd be nice to know exactly when we have to make schedule changes to raid times etc etc due to an entire new tier.

Thank you.

I don't think there's any rush. I'm certain there are tons of people who aren't 60 yet. I'd give it at least a couple more months.

I'm assuming they'll announce it weeks in advance so raiding guilds can prepare.

yeah lets open all of the content in 3 months and end the server... Srsly. Not many guilds can do MC and ony. Take it easy. 3-5 months per content release is good enough no need to release it earlier then that.

many factors play a role in this and i can only hope Chero takes all factors into consideration. so i think it's good having an open discussion about it so that Chero can make the best out of it.

In my opinion, releasing BWL now (within the next weeks) would not be the right move.
This is for several reasons:
  • Shortly after BWL comes out, it will also be cleared again and at some point people will again ask for the next Tier of content (i don't count ZG here, cause it's just a small piece of content and not the "Next Tier"). So people will ask for the War Effort + Nightmare Dragons and eventually AQ. We can't rush through the content too fast cause otherwise Naxxramas would have to get released within 1 year, which wouldn't make the server last pretty long in terms of PvE content. And also it would overwhelm Chero and Team if he had to script/fix all that content within this year.
  • The Molten Core gear is NOT SO MUCH overpowered, so if guilds keep clearing MC for a while still, their Gear doesn't improve that much. However, if people get to clear BWL for a long time before AQ comes out, BWL will push the player's gear so much that it might trivialize AQ aswell.
  • i would give a few more guilds the chance to establish themselves on the server as we still see quite a lot of low level characters.

so yeah, it is for these reasons why i also think the BWL release shouldn't be rushed now.
give it a little more time.

also, almost above everything else, i would suggest chero to buff BWL up! You saw what people thought about the Molten Core difficulty and since BWL is not the hardest piece of content either, i would expect most guilds to clear BWL within the first lockout aswell. And you should atleast give it a try to make it harder and perhaps make it last longer!
I think it wouldn't be good if people get disappointed of BWL also, even though it might be scripted nearly flawless, if it feels too easy (which it will if it's not buffed) the disappointment will become even bigger.

If Chero agrees to this idea of buffing BWL up, i'd gladly help to gather ideas how it could look like without turning the content into something the people don't remember as BWL anymore. (like HP buffs of Bosses + Boss adds, make Boss abilities hit harder or tick more frequently (Vaelastrasz fire pulse) and buff the melee ATP of Bosses, so that Tanks get into danger again and it would drain the healer's mana faster)

just my 2 cents.

let's have an actual constructive discussion here and let's not have it turn into a flamefest!

Last edited:
Woah guys, chill out. I didn't say they should rush it out the door. I simply said knowing a date would be helpful.

yeah and to help chero find a fitting date, we come up with ideas and tell chero what has he to take into consideration regarding BWL. this can only help, or am i wrong?

I think it's a bad idea to buff anything in the game. There will always be guilds that clear raids fast, if you make the raids harder for them, the others are just fucked. If they release content based on the top raiders, this server is done with in maximum 6 months, everything cleared. Also, tuning raids is not piece of cake, and it'll probably add more to the "not blizzlike" label that Kronos already has.

As for announcing BWL, the server is 6 weeks old and they are still hard on fixing bugs. I don't see any BWL coming out soon. I don't imagine that's somewhere in perfect state and it only has to be enabled.

No need to buff BWL or any of the other raids. Yes there are guilds that will clear it easily as they know the strategies and do not need to learn it on the fly. But in a few weeks time you will be getting the next group of fresh level 60's going in there. Thinking like this is retail and doing a lot of stupid stuff. Not moving out of the fire, expecting tanks to have unlimited threat right off from the pull and thinking that the healers can heal them forever with unlimited mana regen

Its when these people start raiding again that you will see posts popping up asking for it all to be nurfed. As its too hard and unfair that other guilds can complete it easily. It should be available for everyone. Which is the way that it went on Retail and that is when the game went to crap.

For the guilds doing it easy. Then they could try and challenge them self. Raid with less people, Run alts through or make money by doing Gold DKP runs. They have a core team of members and get random people in to buy the items. Then split the gold between the raid at the end.

Drag out the content release and build a good community first. Then lets smash through all the bosses.

haha BWL already? no thank you.
it should feel like ALL 60s should have about 50-80% T1 first.
I want a BWL RACE! Everyone should have a chanec!

haha BWL already? no thank you.
it should feel like ALL 60s should have about 50-80% T1 first.
I want a BWL RACE! Everyone should have a chanec!

I guess it's popular to utterly miss the point. I didn't say I wanted BWL to come out soon. I asked for a released date.

These are not the same question. Jesus.

just throwing in another possibility regarding the instance releasing policy:
just stick to the vanilla retail timeline.

WoW released: February 11, 2005
BWL released: Patch 1.6.0 (12-Jul-2005)
AQ released: Patch 1.9.0 (03-Jan-2006)

so bwl was and would be released 5 months after launch, AQ after 11 months, ...
sounds like a lot, but even this way "a lot" will have cleared naxx after 2 years

The game was released on November 23 , 2004 on the 10th anniversary of the warcraft franchise... Check google before posting

Sadly no. I in the released Kronos I play with Druid. I really wished the Pet pathfinding prevents pets to enter ships/zeppelins/lifts". In the open beta it was very annoying for Warlocks (losing soul shard because the minion can't get on the Zep/Boat)

Top Bottom