• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Voting system & Rewards

Which reward you want for Voting system?

• golds/silvers in-game

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • stars in acc-manager

Votes: 52 44.4%
  • something else - comment

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • no rewards

Votes: 52 44.4%

• Total voters

Blueblack

Team Veteran
Hello,

after discussion with Chero and Eclipse (TwinHead developer) we came to the result that Voting system and rewards is possible to implement into the Twinhead.

But before Eclipse will start work on this we have to discuss what you want as Rewards.

My suggestion: few golds/silvers in-game for top 5 voters of the month. No large amount that destroys the economy, maybe for example 500 silvers.

Chero do not want any in-game rewards so his suggestion are stars in the Account Manager. For which you can buy some things for your character in-game. (Check Shop in the Account Manager)

But if you want only help with vote without rewards there is no reason to implement something into the Twinhead and just create something like this but little bit better on the Kronos homepage.

Blueblack

Being completely unfamiliar with private realms until I joined at Kronos, I'm still unsure as to what this voting system is all about. Could someone provide some more specific detail?

Being completely unfamiliar with private realms until I joined at Kronos, I'm still unsure as to what this voting system is all about. Could someone provide some more specific detail?
There are several websites where private servers can sign up to be listed, and people can vote for the servers twice per day (usually). The more votes, the higher up on the list the server will be, and new players can judge how popular each server is.

There are several websites where private servers can sign up to be listed, and people can vote for the servers twice per day (usually). The more votes, the higher up on the list the server will be, and new players can judge how popular each server is.

Thanks!

I definitely don't like in game rewards. I'm against the donation rewards anyway. People should just do these things in order to appreciate the efforts of others, not for gains. Oh well, that's just my opinion :innocent:

We could definitely have some encouragement and facilities on the site to aid with voting though.

I am against ingame rewards. Thats never a good idea. Stars are ok, but not a must have. Just make a link to the vote pages and your true followers will use them.

Once again this server amazes me. Any of the poll options would work and still it would remain original in this like in everything else.

I just wanted to add that these ''vote points'' shouldn't be strictly thought of as rewards for this voting. More than half of the population will simply vote cause their server needs them, and not cause there is a sort of an encouragement provided by any kind of points/coins/gold. So for everyone who thinks it might be gamechanging in any way, i completely understand, but think of it like this. You are all already promoting Kronos every day on all sorts of social media anyhow and as many people here agreed, lots of players new and old browse those kind of websites before choosing even an expansion, let alone a realm. I don't like being rewarded for this neither, as i said in the previous post. If the decision that some kind of currency be implemented, I'd personnaly just see it as ''server giving back'' for anyone's input. That's why i think this poll was a good idea, and thank you for considering it.

Regar

reward it however you want, but do not hand out gold

i think you should start with no reward, and only if there's like nobody voting, start giving ppl a small amount of stars.

ppl have to realise that they're helping the server and themselves if they vote, because it will fill the server with living. or undead.

just another idea: you could also reward ppl with a special forum-icon/color or something alike

Last edited:
I have voted for stars. If you give like 10-50 stars to top five voters each month, it does not hurt anything and it still will help the server.
I, personaly, will vote for the server even without rewards, but rewards are going to convince much more people.

The question is - Are you able to implement it "bug free"? That nobody will be able to workaround it?

Vote for stars would be good, dont add gold...

1star for each vote and it will take 33 days to get 100stars if you use 3voting sites.
Seems like a good thing.

I think that rewarding top 5 voters is better idea (because it's in hands of devs and it will be hard to cheat). And if there will be more ppl with the same number of votes, then you can reward only one group with the highest number.

i think you should start with no reward, and only if there's like nobody voting, start giving ppl
maybe something special... Special Voter's Tabard, or forum nick color indeed, or some cosmetic ingame buff (only icon, for example)? I mean - giving the TwinStars may depreciate the Shop rewards (which you're trying to make more valuable by increasing their costs). And if you give too little of TwinStars - people won't consider it as a good reward at all.

But yeah, let's start with
But if you want only help with vote without rewards there is no reason to implement something into the Twinhead and just create something like this but little bit better on the Kronos homepage.
And if possible - write some kind of bookmarklet which would make voting easier :D

Sorry, my vote can't be bought!

Votes become meaningless if the only reason somebody votes for the server is to receive some kind of reward. I'll vote for Kronos simply because it is the best of the current realms. I don't think that I'll be alone if Chero and the staff decide not to reward voters. There will be many of us voting just for the sake of the server.

Re: Voting system & Rewards

Ok, from your reactions it seems to be clear that there are two possible options. Stars or no rewards. Both technically possible.

Yet 50 votes is not that big sample and I am not sure that no motivation is better than some.

Also another thought to be considered. People participating in this discussion are more likely to be enthusiasts about Kronos and willing to contribute without a reward. And I think the rest (majority) of users could use some motivation. Just my thoughts.

I agree with Eclipse, so let's make a compromise.

Eclipse will start work on the Voting system with rewards1 on the Twinhead and until it will be done2, on the Kronos homepage will be Voting system without rewards which will be created this week.

1 Stars for top 5 voters of the month
2 Few weeks, at least one month

Great decision! I only wonder if only
on the Kronos homepage will be Voting system without rewards which will be created this week.
or - an ingame announcements gonna be implemented too? Because I feel that minority of players often check homepage.

or - an ingame announcements gonna be implemented too? Because I feel that minority of players often check homepage.
ye, but then an announcement for the homepage or forum pls, not explicitly for voting.
i'd also prefer to see some kind of announcement regarding the world-chat ingame, because this is helping new players a lot to gain a foothold on the server (i know this from another server..). and theres like no downside, easy to implement etc.
and a 2nd "announcement" should lead ppl to the website or forum, where they should easily find out how to vote. "luring" ppl with server messages to the forum each time a patch goes live also works well.

and while talking about improvements: you should also rewrite the https://www.twinstar.cz/manager/Donate/DonateHelp.aspx (donate help, english) page. its kinda confusing/unclear imo.

What about announcements for news. When will be news published then whole day or week every maybe 2 hours will show this announcement. And of course there will be news about Voting system.

What about announcements for news. When will be news published then whole day or week every maybe 2 hours will show this announcement. And of course there will be news about Voting system.
you also dont have to do this frequently (cause it may annoy ppl), you can set it so just everytime you log in, you see this message 1 time. like the welcoming-message.
you can also modify this so only level 1-10 characters see this message (e.g. for the world-chat "information")

I personally do not like this whole voting system at all.

If we do have to have this system. Then a definite NO to anything that will effect in-game. NOPE, NADA, NIET.

It will be nice to incentivise people to advertise the server, so stars would be a good reward...Nonetheless I voted for No Reward.

We dont need votes for this server. Other means to be seen. If implemented no ingame reward what so ever. That would destroy alot imo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom