• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Alliance <Horizon> EU Progress Guild

Dalloway

Authorized
Who we are
Last week we have created Horizon by merging two raiding crews that had partnered
at the beginning of May. Given that we have been taking down Ragnaros and Onyxia together for more than a month now, we felt it was time to take the next step and forge a shared identity for our communities.
Please read this September 9th post below for a few more details.

Our target
Is to maintain a thriving raiding community until we have consumed all content Twinstar will throw at us. Our core is formed of players who have been there and done that, we have nothing more to prove and so we tend to consider a PvE competition limited to a single private Realm such as Kronos as a bit of a laugh. Consequently, we won’t label Horizon a hardcore guild, though in some respects you may find our standards to be higher than those of your run-of-the-mill try-hard crew when it comes to monitoring your individual performance in our Raids. We are here to experience once more the Classic PvE progression of 2005-2006, and we will make sure we have the players we need to make that happen.
What we are currently looking for
We have taken great care when building our community and avoided publicity, preferring to recruit from among the players we have befriended during our time on Kronos. We are now making a bid for more visibility to serve as a rallying cry for those of you who desire to grow within the same guild from the depths of the Molten Core to the wuthering Naxxramas, on the other side of the rain. A number of us benefited from such an experience back in the day and the quality of those memories drives us to replicate it on Kronos.

Time Zone European.
Language English.
Raiding Schedule Thursdays and Sundays, Server Time 19:00 up to 23:00 at the latest.
Loot System Loot Council.
VoIP TeamSpeak.
Recruitment Status As of February 9th. Horizon is now in its 6th month of full Blackwing Lair runs, having not spared Nefarian once since the very first week. We continue to look for long-term, competent players willing to help us reach a sweet spot between efficient and relaxed raids. With Ahn’Qiraj’s release looming on the… horizon, we are offering spots to all who believe they fit the above-mentioned description. We are especially keen to add 1 Holy Paladin, 1 Holy Priest, 1 solid Feral Druid and even 1 Hunter to our roster, given that we have 5 Hunters in full Dragonstalker and it is a shame to disenchant Tier 2.
Leaders Mornien and Andreas.
If you wish to more easily keep track of our logs, you're welcome to check our page @ kronos-logs.com.

And lastly, our guild’s age average is around 27 years old, so we are at that point in time in our lives when we wish to not be embarrassed by the people we’re having a laugh with in TeamSpeak. Be articulate, have a sound attitude and help us maintain a pleasant and helpful atmosphere, anything less is a bit of a deal-breaker.

For [CR]Chero[/CR] the Alliance :wink:

Last edited:
High need on Mages, Priests and Paladins
All the other classes are welcome too :)

hi there pwetty prot warrior lookin for sidekicks in your guild =) how do i apply it? i couldn't manage to find out guild site?

Hi lanevegame and esaliano.

The easiest way to get in contact with us is ingame since we do not use any kind of forum to apply.
If you are online just drop a message to one of the following persons:
Eleminster, Mornien, Benawi, Andreas or Dalloway and they will gladly support you and answer your questions :)

Thank you very much to everyone who has looked us up in-game, seeking to stand side by side with us. We are pleased and a tad surprised by the amount of interest our raiding crew has garnered!
:smile:

Horizon has constantly enhanced its Roster over the past few weeks with seasoned players, and we are now looking to put the finishing touches on our setup for Blackwing Lair, which is scheduled for release in early-mid August. To that end, we are currently offering spots for 1 Mage and 1 Warlock. Additionally, we are able to make room for 1 more competitive, preRaidBiS-geared melee damage dealer, be it Rogue or Fury Warrior; I am looking forward to being dazzled by you.

Huzzah Kronos!

Heroes,

Chero gave us the go-ahead to head into Blackwing Lair yesterday and we're one of the first guilds to have reached Nefarian's puppy. We're looking to fine-tune our setup for this Raid Instance by offering spots to 2 more Holy Priests and Paladins.
Moreover, our gang is still on the lookout for 1 more
Mage and 1 more Warlock ready to hit the ground running.

Please, make sure to have thoroughly internalized this thread's original post before looking us up.
If you wish to more easily keep track of our logs, you're welcome to
check our page @ kronos-logs.com.
Contact Andreas, Mornien, Benawi or Dalloway in-game should you think you would fit in with us.

Thank you Kronos for allowing us to enjoy the view from Nefarian's terrace once more!

As he noted, we are still offering spots for the above mentioned Classes :smile:
That said, we have cleared Blackwing Lair speedily without adding anyone to our roster and, in fact, my current goal is enlarging Horizon's long-term core for the Temple of Ahn'Qiraj.

So here is a Horizon "State-of-the-Union" T2 update for all of you long-haul Raiders out there, particularly for those of you who, stuck on less-polished private Realms, are looking to reboot within a strong guild on Kronos.

1. We remain one of the very few guilds not assembled around a pre-existing private Realm raiding core. All of our leaders were strangers to eachother 4 months ago, while half of us were Retail-only players up to that point, and yet our individual know-how, gained over many years in high-end raiding outfits, gave us the collective foresight required to effortlessly construct a solid Kronos Progress Guild.
  2. We continue to prefer being a low-profile crew, so much so that Horizon is the only Alliance Raiding guild that never spams the /world channel with Recruitment Adds, and yet, through a watchful and slow-paced roster-building process, we became the largest and most stable Alliance Raiding guild on Kronos despite said low-key posture and repeated and thorough "spring-cleanings".
  3. We keep on being a stress-free guild that has not made any extraordinary preparations for Blackwing Lair, and yet we were the only European Alliance guild aside from Realm First-holder Synced to have slain Nefarian in only 2 raid evenings upon its release.
  4. We maintain our well-paced Raids, and yet we are the only Alliance guild aside from the above-mentioned Synced able to clear the entire Blackwing Lair in 1 single raid evening up to this point, despite the fact that we were plagued by the annoying and currently buggy Time Lapse debuff during both Resets since the Instance was released.
  5. We stick by our efficient playstyle, not enforcing consumables outside Progress raids, warning our members to watch out for burnout and advising them against soul-crushing grinds for minimal gains, and yet, through our personal example, knowledge-sharing and rewards-system, we have built a guild mindset centered on performance, whose logs are competitive and whose core is constantly optimizing.

Now you know what
we're currently about and who we want you to be in the future.
We're gearing up a raid setup for the last two Raid Instances that remain to us and we've seen too much over the years to allow ourselves to be caught off-guard through complacency.

Hurrah for Kronos and nostalgia!

Last edited:
Aaand... Blackwing Lair cleared again as soon as it Reset, in only a little bit over 2 hours, without wiping on any encounter.

Seek us out and lets be friends! :smile:

Last edited:
The Knights Who Say Pling…

Off-topic, I know, but I’ll take the time to mention Horizon continues to distribute 50-60 Epic Items weekly during our smooth raids inside MC, OL and BWL and we currently want to gear 1 more solid
Holy Paladin and a couple of Mages for Ahn’Qiraj and beyond.

Three updates.
A Raids are now taking place on Thursdays and Sundays, not Wednesdays and Sundays, as before; specifically, we run a <2 hours BWL raid on Thursdays and a 1 hour Molten Core raid on Sundays, Onyxia being dutifully slain at the end of the latter.
B Courtesy of Viara, our Druid CL, we have taken the time to build a website from scratch, as we loathed using the common shivtr etc. templates. It is already being used by our guild members for Raid Sign-up purposes and so on, and we’ll go public as soon as our neat freak coder will give us the go-ahead.
C
Lastly, I have begun working on my second university degree as of October 1st, and, this being added on top of my actual work, I have decided to take a backseat. I always frowned upon legacy Officers and I think I managed to instil a healthy spite for ossified guild structures in our crew too. So I will remain an active Raider with nigh-on 100% attendance, but my roster building&monitoring responsibility will be split between Benawi, Mornien and Andreas, our other leaders, while for my CL tasks I have promoted Azsha (taking over Fury Warriors) and Alaine (taking over Rogues).

On a personal note, it’s been a great 7 months on Kronos, and I love seeing the steady progress the Realm enjoys. Close to 20 guilds are now venturing inside Blackwing Lair, while 10 are placing Nefarian’s head on a spike on a weekly basis, and that's not counting the 5+ preparing for or progressing through the Molten Core. Watching Kronos’ growth is a pleasure and Horizon has a front row seat, the very best of times!

Last edited:
Good luck on your second degree mate! Can't even imagine the work involved, speaking as someone who totally failed to even make it to Uni!

Also, stealth Rogue bump for some cool cats.

Still a few slots open for dedicated players

If you are interested you can get in contact with the persons mentioned by Dalloway:
Andreas, Mornien, Benawi

If they are not online you can of course contact anyone from the guild to ask for a Classlead or other leading position to get in contact with :)

Cheers

Looking for: Mages, Priests, Paladins! Go get your application in today by whispering anyone from the guild (who will then refer you to the right person).

Still searching for dedicated players especially Mages, Priests and Holy Paladins. Feel free to /w ingame Andreas, Mornien or Benawi to gain additional information.

Yes,

I can definitely support for the excellence community this guild is providing. Very helpful and great community inside and outside raid time! Just wish the darn main site webpage was done construction

Horizon is now in its 6th month of full Blackwing Lair runs, having not spared Nefarian once since the very first week. We continue to look for long-term, competent players willing to help us reach a sweet spot between efficient and relaxed raids.

With Ahn’Qiraj’s release looming on the… horizon, we are offering spots to all who believe they fit the above-mentioned description. We are especially keen to add 1
Holy Paladin, 1 Holy Priest, 1 solid Feral Druid and even 1 Hunter to our roster, given that we have 5 Hunters in full Dragonstalker and it is a shame to disenchant Tier 2.

We are a diverse community, with members mostly hailing from Europe (namely Germany and the UK), but also feature players from other parts of the world.

Please understand that, while we do not force our members to OD on consumables on trivial encounters or to break speed records, nor do we call them in the middle of the night to execute a World Boss encounter, you are expected to make use of the gear we are granting you to its absolute fullest extent. We do not aim to be the top guild within a single Realm-community with not even 3 guilds giving a damn about it, but we will make sure that we will be able to execute all encounters still ahead of us in a timely manner.

Our raid times remain Thursday and Sunday, 19:00-23:00 server time (GMT +1), though we mostly finish much earlier than that.

Should you wish to get in touch,
Dalloway, Andreas and Naice will give you the time of day no matter your Class. Moreover, Viara is available for Druid applicants, Tamurel for Mages, Nergal for Warlocks and Fanduriel for Hunters.

Last edited:
Top Bottom