• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Accpeted Client Modifications

Struckd

Authorized
If a mod can change the title...and fix that dam spelling error to 'Accepted' and if we could make this a sticky so its easily accessible for new players, that would be great.

This is a list of client modifications players can make that have exceptions with the banning tool and are allowed to be used. Over time I will continually update this list as new modifications to the client/.exe are available is and are known to be accepted by Warden and not get anyone banned.

However, do use at your own risk, though there have been no reports of anyone being banned or having serious issues with their clients after using these modifications and some have been openly accepted the Kronos team...that could very well change in the future because of one reason or another. That being said they are at this moment safe to use, so please do at your leisure.

If anyone has any questions, knows of any other modifications I have missed that are accepted, or know of any issues/bugs with the modifications please do not be afraid to post below and if relevant I will add to this body of text. Now without further ado:

Darker Nights

All credits goes to Milly from the Modcraft forums, original topic is here. He spent about 120 hours editing DBC tables. Respect to him.

This patch is just classic MPQ archive with only one modified file - LightIntBand.dbc - which controls lighting in the world, together with Light.dbc.

This patch was originally made for Cataclysm, but it's working on older versions, including vanilla!
(So you can use it on WotLK and TBC too.)
(Patch includes Outland and Northrend lighting).

Whilst no official confirmation/acceptance has been posted. I have been using this mod since the release of Kronos and have yet to have an issue.

• Known bugs:
- Since this patch is optimized for Cata, some zones or objects may not be shown properly.
- Though I don't have it deeply tested yet, I think there might be problems with zones which has been removed or heavily modified in Cata. - I noticed only Orgrimmar yet.
- It's not working with weather. When starts raining in some zone, darkness fades and you have just classic night, until rain stops. Is not known yet how to fix it. That's big problem in Elwynn and other rainy zones.

• How to install:
Download patch-T.MPQ and place it in the \World of Warcraft\Data folder.
Then, if you don't like it or have some problems, just delete it for uninstall.

• Download:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/81640028/patch-T.MPQ

Open 256 Sound Channels

I am not sure who created this or whod started this modification but all credit goes to Magnifican for finding it. Here is the original post and thread for the discussion if anyone is interested.

Gurky has confirmed this mod is accepted and you should have no issue with using it

This patch comes if the form of a standard WoW.exe file, you use this executable rather then your original one (the icon you double click to get into WoW), for the modification to work. All it does is open up more channels for sound so you can hear most things at once. Currently the original client only allows you to hear up to 12 'noises' (so spells, music, ambiance, armour clinks etc.) simultaneously. This mod allows you to hear 256 'noises' at the same time. Much better when raiding.

• Known Bugs
- None that are known.

• How to Install
I suggest making a backup of your original WoW.exe file in C:/Program Files/World of Warcraft/, just in case.

Download the WoW.exe, place this into you vanilla WoW folder located somewhere like C:/Program Files/World of Warcraft/ and replace the existing WoW.exe (that's why make a backup). Then run it!
If you want to revert back to the original client, just copy your backup into your WoW install folder and use that instead.

• Download
As linked by Gurky
https://github.com/Doctorbeefy/Wow.e...W.zip?raw=true

Last edited:
Hmm sounds nice, gonna try this out.

Gurky gave green light for 256 Sound Channels

What about the Darker Nights modification / patch?

Posting here in advance in case I get a ban.

Top Bottom