• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Most apparent and annoying issues

Lharts

Authorized
As most would agree, Kronos is by far the most advanced server.

However, there are some things that are really bugging me out and I will try to use the forum as a platform to point them out.

For me as a regular player there are some issues that annoy me the most. Contribute yours too, so devs can see what the community is most interested in or sees are the worst flaws.
We all want this project to improve and live up to its standards. First impressions are important.

- combat bug (pet related or other)
- pathing issues (mobs/pets/players)
- seen some rubberbanding lately (PvE aswell as PvP), not that urgent though
- mobs resetting

What's rubberbanding?

I only encountered two reoccuring bugs. Sometimes I am unable to leave combat without relogging and duplicated tracked quests (which is not a bug it seems).

Last edited:
I agree with Lharts.

Combat bug

When it comes to PvP the most urgent issue is the combat bug since it's totally gamebreaking.
People get stuck in combat and can't stealth/charge/mount/eat/drink etc.
There are alot of hunters/warlock that intentionally abuse this bug in BG's.
Heard that totems can cause this aswell (don't know though since im playing on Horde side).

This should be fixed before AV gets released. Otherwise you will be walking 10min to the enemy base instead of mounting up (unless you kill the pet/warlock/hunter).

Would like to see some update/information on this issue from one of the developers.
Bugtracker seems not to get any update latetly (still the bug with the highest votes).

Pathing issues

Only thing I've noticed is the pathing issue with warlock pets. Heard that alot of warlocks are upset about their pets disappearing / being too slow. This issue causes alot of problems when it comes to PvP situations since warlocks are pretty much screwed without their pets in certain situations.

Rubberbanding

I personally haven't notice any rubberbandig in PvP so far. Maybe just in a small extent that I didn't realize.
Only noticed it on mobs from time to time. They are randomly 'teleporting' around when you attack them with more than 2 people.

Mobs resetting

Can be annoying in some situations. But other problems are more urgent in my opinion.

Last edited:
-Blinking through the world
When you blink uphill or through different terrain, sometimes you get underneath the thing. Quite annoying of a bug, especially when you fall through the world because of it.

Player got feared and was walking in a straight line. Then teleported back behind me. Only had this happen rarely.

-Blinking through the world
When you blink uphill or through different terrain, sometimes you get underneath the thing. Quite annoying of a bug, especially when you fall through the world because of it.

can confirm this in warsong gulch at the ramp of both sides

if you blink to early you die, if you blink near the border to roof you land on balcony.

also on horde base on roof if you jump straight to flag spot and blink you die and flag gets automaticly returned to the enemy base (cant confirm this for alliance base)

peace

Would it be a good idea to also link the issues in the bucktracker? People can see that there is actually progress and that those things are fixed or somebody is working on them.

Combat bug - Chero commited 3days ago fix for this (i hope). So wait for update.

Last edited:
Would it be a good idea to also link the issues in the bucktracker? People can see that there is actually progress and that those things are fixed or somebody is working on them.

I agree, it would be a great addition in order to follow progress instead of having to read through this topic. However, this thread is a good way to point out certain "game-breaking" bugs.

The zepplin bug/boat bug for Mac players....and any related issues around world transportation.

I think this has been addressed. If I remember it correctly it is a client side bug and therefore cannot be fixed.

Yeah, it can't be fixed sucks really you have a few options:

Wine wrapper
Parallels
VMware fusion

I myself, have just embraced swimming from the zep when I go across continents however I cant use the BB boat as to much fatigue to get me to a safe spot :p

Interestingly it only happens when you are moving from Kalimdor > EK and vice versa, doesn't happen from Tirisfal to STV.

I think this has been addressed. If I remember it correctly it is a client side bug and therefore cannot be fixed.

But there are server side solutions to mitigate the problem. It has been resolved on Nos for Mac players, without touching the client.

Onyxia. Please. For the love of God. Put a Threat Wipe in between P2/P3. Everyone from GMs to players have acknowledged how f*cked this fight is. It sucks to stream it and see it scripted worse than other servers. It gives a bad impression to prospective Kronos players.

We have been observing her behavior during Phase 3 and it seems, that she acts correctly:
- She targets player, that make the highest threat during Phase 2/3 transition. Then our tanks aggro her, but if the fight takes too long, her threat reduction from wing buffet makes tank to drop below healers and it's a wipe.

The problem with her is, that nobody knows how exactly her threat should work. Some say, that she should have one threat table for phase 1 and 3 and the second one for phase 2. Others that there should be reset at the start of phase 3.
Retail sources say, that her aggro behavior is "weird".

We have been observing her behavior during Phase 3 and it seems, that she acts correctly:
- She targets player, that make the highest threat during Phase 2/3 transition. Then our tanks aggro her, but if the fight takes too long, her threat reduction from wing buffet makes tank to drop below healers and it's a wipe.

The problem with her is, that nobody knows how exactly her threat should work. Some say, that she should have one threat table for phase 1 and 3 and the second one for phase 2. Others that there should be reset at the start of phase 3.
Retail sources say, that her aggro behavior is "weird".
The fight is entirely broken. No offense, but thats how it is.
Forgot it in my post, but ony is definitely one of the worst bugs on this server and a disgrace to this projects quality.

I dont want to be that guy but the fight is working as intended.
Also Arcanum ( the players that complains here ) is really bad in PvE and should not have a say in this TBH, look at guilds like Coral and Synced, they have 1-2 deaths on Onyxia when Arcanum has 20? Ye some people dont know how to do PvE.

I think Corals best PvE time for Onyxia is 3minutes and Arcanums is 6minutes and all other trys they have over 7-8minutes with 38-40man.
Synced are doing it with 24man in 8minutes so i think the stats talk for itself on this one, its not a problem with Onyxia, its a problem for this guild that cant kill her properly, ask your friends to stop DPS when she lands and let the tank get aggro, protip.

The fight is really good as it is now but one thing that can we worked on is the animations when she flys if that is possible.

Best scripted onyxia to date tbh.

Onyxia. Please. For the love of God. Put a Threat Wipe in between P2/P3. Everyone from GMs to players have acknowledged how f*cked this fight is. It sucks to stream it and see it scripted worse than other servers. It gives a bad impression to prospective Kronos players.

Ye i wouldnt stream if i was so bad either.

HBK said:
sorry man, but pretty much all the issues have been fixed.

as far as aggro is conerned, inform yourself a little more about the encounter and more importantly, enhance your tactics :)

i must say she works absolutely fine and it doesnt suprise me at all that you guys call it bugged just because you're wiping on her a couple of times and looking for a bad excuse.

rather be happy that there's an encounter that is at least a little challenge.
and again, it's not about a bug, it's about bad tactics on a well working encounter as far as i can tell.

From Bugtracker, synced guilds comment.

Last edited:
Probably the worst troll attempt so far.

- Random aggro resets
- artificially crafted aggro mechanic on some spells based on an addon

not going much further into detail. This is not the place.
I never complained about the boss, we down her with eas. Given the fact that our guild is fully aware how broken the encounter is.

Shes easy, yet still not blizzlike. And this is bad, just like Varkings says.

You want to stand out and act like you are the most advanced and best? Then be it.

The single issue that annoys me the most to no end on the server would be the inability to Auto Attack certain engaged mobs due to the server 'seeing' the mob on a certain elevation value and that my character is outside of it.

Example - I'm in Arathi Highlands with a character killing level 30-31 Raptors for fun and profit. Tons of slopes and hills in this area. I pull a raptor with a bow shot or feral faerie fire, and 1 time out of 15 or so I will be able to damage the mob with special moves for yellow damage, but absolutely can't Auto Attack it for damage. Meanwhile the mob hits me like normal.

I've never seen this problem before on any private server, and it only started here several weeks back when Cheero put in a fix to solve an exploit with people attacking mobs with a vast difference in elevation. The only option I have when I get a mob like this is to kill it with melee special attacks (or spells), or run away to reset the mob and engage it again, hoping that it will work on this next attempt.

It really sucks. I can make a video of what I'm talking about if necessary.

I dont want to be that guy but the fight is working as intended.
Also Arcanum ( the players that complains here ) is really bad in PvE and should not have a say in this TBH, look at guilds like Coral and Synced, they have 1-2 deaths on Onyxia when Arcanum has 20? Ye some people dont know how to do PvE.

I think Corals best PvE time for Onyxia is 3minutes and Arcanums is 6minutes and all other trys they have over 7-8minutes with 38-40man.
Synced are doing it with 24man in 8minutes so i think the stats talk for itself on this one, its not a problem with Onyxia, its a problem for this guild that cant kill her properly, ask your friends to stop DPS when she lands and let the tank get aggro, protip.

The fight is really good as it is now but one thing that can we worked on is the animations when she flys if that is possible.

Best scripted onyxia to date tbh.

Ye i wouldnt stream if i was so bad either.

From Bugtracker, synced guilds comment.

I will only respond to this briefly and then I'm going to ignore the rest of your troll attempts to get the conversation off topic. This thread was created to bring things to the attention of the GM's and to make suggestions not as an opportunity for some nerd to come on here and pull down his/her pants and present their e-peen. Quite frankly, no one gives a f*ck what you think about other guilds. My 2 cents (and I know this is shared by an overwhelming majority of Horde and also everyone I personally know in other Alliance guilds aka Vanguard/Synced): CORAL does not deserve to be any kind of measuring stick for anything. Your GM required assistance to finish his priest epic. One of your raid leaders thought Undead Priests had Fear Ward. One of your DPS warriors didn't know what OverPower Watch was. Do I need to go on? I will leave it at that.

The fight isn't working. Bottom line: When people who are weighing Nost or Kronos come into our streams and see the fights mechanics it creates a bad dialogue for prospective players. I know, for a fact, that the GM's know it isn't working as intended either. From what I have been told their debate is not on anything you've suggested but on how to go about fixing the fight. My suggestion has been to just put a hard wipe to the threat table between p2/p3. I don't expect to snap my fingers and have everything perfect but it would be nice to get a note out to the server on how they intend to fix it. People value communication and acknowledgment that the team is aware, publicly, and intends to resolve it within a timely fashion.

I've done this fight on several other emulators and it is far from the best scripted to date.

PS - If you want to tell the world how terrible I am and how wonderful you and your guild are there's already a post in the PvP forums called 'Varkings' feel free to go join on the Agita band wagon of Varkings hate. This is not the place.

Last edited:
Top Bottom