• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Transfer from other Servers

Metta

I know this will be a very hot topic and as a player I would say no way.

However, with a certain other x1 1.12.1 server beginning to fail in terms of content and timeline, lacking developers etc, now might be a time for Kronos to consider offering transfers of some kind away from there. BWL is coming up soon at a time when guilds on the other server are beginning to quit due to issues there.

Pros:

More population
More competition on the server
Balance faction
Money for Kronos if they are paid xfers

Cons:

Might get guilds like Grizzly xferring
Upset the current population

Could offer it to guilds using Realmplayers for data, or hell just offer them their level 60s in greens. Most of those players won't reroll 1-60 again, so Kronos has an opportunity to gain a bunch of pop of people who have levelled exactly the same way as Kronos.

Wondering what other people think/feel about it.

http://www.twinstar.cz/FAQ/?lang=en

FAQ

Before asking about something related to the server on our forum or IRC chat, please read these short FAQ and use the “search” function on the forum. Almost all of your possible questions have probably already been answered and you will save your as well as our time.

Q: Do you transfer characters from other servers?
A: No, we do not, but you can use our character auction containing characters properly leveled up by TwinStar players. These characters can be purchased for Stars available through the DONATE system. By purchasing the Stars you also financially support the server.

Yes I'm aware but this is more of a suggestion than a question, so I wasn't sure if I was correct in posting :blushing:

One day there was a rule about cross-faction mounts, and it was changed, so I believe FAQs may be open for a suggestions.

I believe Goris said (he was quite an active guy some time ago, so I could find a proof) that WotLK realm offered the transfer, a lot of characters were transferred, but many abandoned soon, so Twinstar team decided that transfer is proved to be inefficient. But now we have another situation... I think level-only transfer may help.

Yes, let's ruin the economy by importing abused gold and materials.

I'm sure I need not remind you about the famous screenshot of someones bank filled with herbs only a week or so after release.

there are many problems and possibilities to abuse transfer. a major prob would also be if ppl that got banned on their server requst a transfer (=copy) of that char here. how do you know theyre not banned or did anything else wrong

you could make something like "say in your old servers world chan I WANT TO TRANSFER TO KRONOS" and screenshot it. you could also change the saying weekly so you know that screenshot is up to date.

however, even if you actually go for it, many other issues would occur

Yes, let's ruin the economy by importing abused gold and materials.

I'm sure I need not remind you about the famous screenshot of someones bank filled with herbs only a week or so after release.

That's a good point, I do know the other server had bugged nodes. Maybe keep it strictly to the characters as Nim says.

Just wondered if it would be a good way to boost pop here since Kronos is now the go-to server compared to the other one, just people don't want to leave their level 60s behind.

That's a good point, I do know the other server had bugged nodes. Maybe keep it strictly to the characters as Nim says.

Just wondered if it would be a good way to boost pop here since Kronos is now the go-to server compared to the other one, just people don't want to leave their level 60s behind.
Not only bugged nodes, but also abuse like duping

Not only bugged nodes, but also abuse like duping

thats why i would also only recommend level-transfering

but how do you proof its your character?
how do you proof its on a server from where transfers would be allowed from?
how do you proof you didnt do anything bad over there (not banned)?

and probably more that would need to be sorted

thats why i would also only recommend level-transfering

but how do you proof its your character?
how do you proof its on a server from where transfers would be allowed from?
how do you proof you didnt do anything bad over there (not banned)?

and probably more that would need to be sorted

I think you were right in saying you'd have to get people to SS their char on the other x1 1.12.1 server to prove they were in control of the character, that would solve those issues but you're right in that more would crop up.

It was just an idea for Kronos to make money outside of auctions and grow the pop here, and whether people would be happy if entire guilds suddenly moved in at level 60.

Imo there has to appear some kind of system like you guys are saying, either its a character transfer or a lighter version, which is better imo - raised xp rates for a 2-3 days to week. If character transfers, max 50lvl, legit etc. The more the merrier!

This is most likely not going to happen. There are character auctions for all realms already and it should be the only way to get a high level character on Kronos. In addition, on realms below 3.0.2 patch it is not possible to have a complete transfer, because completed quests cannot be obtained from the server's database. :sad:

-> we want 1x cause its the real deal
-> not leveling cause 1x
WAT?

[video=youtube;lITBGjNEp08]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lITBGjNEp08[/video]

-> not leveling cause 1x
WAT?

Well it was more to target another server with x1 levelling which has a surplus of population and disgruntled players to boost Kronos. But I could see how they'd prefer to keep it all in house.

In addition, on realms below 3.0.2 patch it is not possible to have a complete transfer, because completed quests cannot be obtained from the server's database. :sad:
Wow, that's a big counterargument, thanks for it.
But I (and some people here too I believe) are for the very restricted and careful transfer, so it doesn't close the discussion :)

-> not leveling cause 1x
WAT?

[video=youtube;lITBGjNEp08]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lITBGjNEp08[/video]

retarded argument.
those ppl would already have leveled under x1 conditions and just dont want to do it a 2nd, 3rd or 4th time.

It's not going to happen due to reasons already mentioned involving server integrity and mechanical limitations.

I'm fully aware of the rushed leveling that was possible on that 'other' 1.12.1 server by use of x6 beastslayer spell damage, unlimited forced quest mob spawn packs for massively fast AoE leveling, a bugged chest giving out upwards of 130 gold an hour for free epic mounts and AH epics (thus improving leveling speed), bugged instance resetting at bosses to skip trash fights and obtain advanced loot tables over and over, bugged pickpocket loot tables for free epics, etc.

Even if gold, personal inventory, and banking inventory wouldn't be transferred, the advantages gained from the players in the early phase of the first 4 weeks in terms of leveling speed was so massive that every lvl 60 character on that server is put into question with how legitimately it was advanced. That 'other server' is an incredibly tainted source and that's the plain truth of the matter.\

Edit - also, the Vanilla Botter 3rd party software was completely undetectable on that server due to a vastly inferior Warden system over Kronos. GM's were literally relying on player eye witness reports as well as their own personal investigations into every case as they had no automated means of detection. That's a huge issue that hasn't been mentioned yet.

Last edited:
retarded argument.
those ppl would already have leveled under x1 conditions and just dont want to do it a 2nd, 3rd or 4th time.

Actually THIS argument is retarded. Players rerolled on retail all the time to different servers. Now, theres just different reasons for it.

Sure, transfer characters from a server where you could bot/hack/exploit your way to 60. The EP sharing bug with higher level characters is getting abused massively to boost players to 60. Was the same on ED. Ez-Throw-Dynamite kek.

No thx. I feel as comfortable with transferring chars from There as I would with any insta-60 random private, for all the reasons mentioned above.

I am craving to see Kronos get the population it deserves, but it will have to earn it the hard way. A good BWL will likely do much more in that regard than trying to appeal to the laziness of a heap of bored players circlejerking on their questionable wealth.

Actually THIS argument is retarded. Players rerolled on retail all the time to different servers. Now, theres just different reasons for it.

Sure, transfer characters from a server where you could bot/hack/exploit your way to 60. The EP sharing bug with higher level characters is getting abused massively to boost players to 60. Was the same on ED. Ez-Throw-Dynamite kek.
players rerolled on different servers on retail? like, no? dead servers were merged and there were free transfers from overloaded realms so only a very few had to reroll actually. so if blizzard had a server like nost, it would have allowed you to transfer to a low pop realm at some point for free.

and obviously nobody wants transfers from botters, hackers or exploiters. thats not been to discussion.

I mosly care about filthy casuals like myself :) Like, guy leveling for 40 for 4 months on Nos/Rebirth/ED. He (may, but) hardly reroll here without a transfer feature.

Only transfer those who are <=40 lvl, without any gold and backpack? I don't think it'd ruin anything, even if there'll be a guy or two who abused some bugs for a speed leveling. Of course, one may say that we don't really need filthy casuals. And one may add all technical difficulties that makes it "not worth the effort". But I think it's not really that difficult, the most important thing is a "political will".

After all, "Petition against multiboxing" succeeded!

I am craving to see Kronos get the population it deserves, but it will have to earn it the hard way. A good BWL will likely do much more in that regard than trying to appeal to the laziness of a heap of bored players circlejerking on their questionable wealth.

Kronos will release BWL with a decent but lowish pop, I really hope it changes by the time AV comes about, so like you I want it to have a pop it deserves. It does deserves a bigger audience, but those hundreds of x1 raiders are unfortunately tied up elsewhere by the looks of it. In my previous experience on ED, it's very hard for entire guilds to reroll, they either collapse or stick around until it becomes nonviable.

It was just a thought that if you can lure the big, established guilds here, under strict conditions, those levelling still would be willing to reroll as well. As I say, it's a tricky subject and as a player I would be torn between wanting more pop and feeling like my efforts in levelling were being undermined.

players rerolled on different servers on retail? like, no? dead servers were merged and there were free transfers from overloaded realms so only a very few had to reroll actually. so if blizzard had a server like nost, it would have allowed you to transfer to a low pop realm at some point for free.

and obviously nobody wants transfers from botters, hackers or exploiters. thats not been to discussion.

I played on chromaggus, probably the most dead of all us wow servers. that being said, I dont think they merged servers until late BC.

So yes, if you wanted out. you had to reroll

I played on chromaggus, probably the most dead of all us wow servers. that being said, I dont think they merged servers until late BC.

So yes, if you wanted out. you had to reroll

https://translate.google.de/transla...Warcraft-Charakter-Transfer-am-Montag-921514/

tho i dont know if you could escape dead realms either except of hoping ppl would transfer to yours.
but if you only watch nost and kronos, nost would be the overloaded realm and kronos the underpopulated one. so transfers could even be considered to be blizzlike in that case :laugh:
however, i doubt its really about being blizzlike or not.

ppl just wish to have a higher pop and try to figure out how it could possibly be worked out. level transfers are definitly an option but still questionable in some points. tho its up to the devs anyway.

Top Bottom