• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

1.12.1 and 2.4.3 Addon Site

Doctorbeefy

I am thinking about starting up a addon site to host all 1.12 addons kind of like curse but different.

What are your opinions?

As long as you can provide a decent host and site functionality would allow adding description (bonus points for screenshots) it'd be awesome.

An addon website for vanilla addons is indeed a good idea and very useful, i don't think this exists atm.
If you can make it done similar to Curse.com or wowace.com, where the addons are sorted by categories and each addon having a short description with screenshots at best, i guess this would be something that vanilla players would gladly check out.

well if you need a large library of addons you can take a copy of my library below in the signature, i am even willing to help organize a few of them.

you could even ask "twinstar" if they would consider hosting it if it fits into their design, that would make it quite easy and you wouldnt have to pay for it but just have it on another page like Twinhead's their wowhead.

a place to collect everything in short since they got wowhead and armory so why not i am quite sure they would agree to adding a free feature made from a user here or you could join their team :wink:

Very good idea,only aviable atm is wow-one.us
Nah that's just a list with a ton of random addon's where most are already outdated, they haven't all been scanned are unorganized and it's a rather short list.

the only existing 1.12.1 addon libraries are http://60cj.com/ which is in chinese and http://www.wowinterface.com/addons.php which contains multiple addons from 1.10 and up until retail but has no function to filter out interface so you cannot find the ones for 1.12.1 unless you are specific.

It is not in the right forum category, but it would be great if they make or allow someone to make an talent calculator for 1.12.1 and other expansions that they have servers with. There are other calculators, but who knows when they will die... Also I rarely can find good guilds for builds, leveling, raid and pvp ones. Dungeon walktroughs, raid guides and so on. When I played vanilla it was easy - all major sites offered this, but now? And I forgot almost all what I knew back then and it was not so much :laugh:

Last edited:
well their armory already has for Cata and WOTLK so i would make a guess and say they are going to add TBC and Vanilla next for it :wink:

Tbc armory is already partialy working. The problem is, that codes for WotLK/cata are much different than TBC/vanilla, that for TBC it only shows equip and for Vanilla, they didn't made it at all.

well so far i see there are a few rarities that are rarely seen but they can be found on wowinterface as well, and it's not a library but rather a folder with a search function that's been opened on a website using drupal which is rather old but secure, so whats done there is rather simple the most time consumed would be in setting up and install or choosing the art/background of the website but nothing complicated, i don't think it is being managed since last upload was over a year ago so i would guess that the domain ends in around 2 years from now if he doesn't re-subscribe it.

I'm not suggesting to use it, i suggest to pull out of there smth useful (if it exists there) before it goes down :D

1sz7rm.jpg

Testing the waters

I see you planning to incorporate forums into site. It's nice, but make sure that users can leave comments for addons as well.

They will, I just threw that together last night out in about an hour.
If anyone is interested in helping me on this project just let me know.

just some feedback:
I like the design but i cannot see a reason for "Clients" tab since it is no chat or communication site.
also i don't think your menu bar doesnt fit the smooth design of the rest below, but otherwise its a great website for addons :smile:

i really like the design of the categories below :laugh:

Last edited:
I would like addon descriptions, few short sentences, since theres so many addons, I have no clue what they are all for. The ones with random names, not "TotemTimer" or whatever.

suggestion: addons should have descriptions + comments and if possible a picture. but alongside that they should have "tags" like on steam where you can judge a addon within seconds from the tag's or learn more through descriptions. Each tag should ofc. have a dropdown text when howering over them saying what they stand for which can easily be done in java script.

tag example's:

multiplayer: addon contains features that only work when others are using the same addon
utility: addon brings extra feature's such as mini-games, calendar, music player, guides & coordinates etc.
stealth: this addon is never seen but runs in the background
hardware: addons that display ram or cpu used on addons
Management: addon contains a UI to manage/adjust features or how it works
timer: count up/down timer for world, dungeon, raid, abilities
UI: changes how something in-game looks, such as the actionbar or calendar etc.
Track: addons that shows player, her, ore or similar on the world map
Improved: 1.12.1 addons that where made or improved upon after 1.12.1 ended
Illegal: this is a red tag for the few illegal addons out there that might appear or not. when marked with this it removes the download posibility.
unknown: a tag that is only placed when the addon is currently unknown and un-tested waiting for the first tags by users before the unknown tag is gone.

2nd suggestion: i would like to suggest "subscription" which is also an idea taken from steam, players subscribe to addons they want while logged in and get a button + overview of all subscribed addons that they then can download all at once with a single click or remove/add to their favorite library there :wink:.

I plan on making a comments section for all addons, also all will have a picture and a discription

However, I will see about the tags and Subscriptions

But before this goes live I want it like 80% of the way done also I have to upgrade the webserver from free to unlimited which costs money. so I am going to wait till the end to do that I also have a great name for it as well now and it will be a .com

you could make a design and ask Twinstar if they want to host it, it would be a win-win situation for Twinstar and all the user's that way :wink:

they can afterall just make a subdomain like the armory or twinhead and if they dont have to work on it but it keeps the design then i doubt they would have any objections to it :smile:

Top Bottom