• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

1.12 Version of SexyMap

You can always try and use it. If the addons isn't too fancy it might even work. I use a wotlk addon to change my ingame font and it works fine. It all depends on what the addon does.
If it does not work you are in bad luck I guess. Or follow crowlocks suggestion.

You can always try and use it. If the addons isn't too fancy it might even work. I use a wotlk addon to change my ingame font and it works fine. It all depends on what the addon does.
If it does not work you are in bad luck I guess. Or follow crowlocks suggestion.

nope it doesn't work even if degraded to 11200 interface in .toc

it uses a lot of API's from later expansions so you would have to disable all API's that don't work for 1.12.1, then edit the other ones and then fix it from scratch, i gues the only reuseables would be the .toc .xml and the .tga files but you would need to rewrite a lot and that just for a sexymap ☺

but i think i had 1 or 2 minimap addons that changed the look of it in the package that can be found here:
http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/85589-Addon-s

it is in there somewhere but i cannot remember the name atm, but once you find it you can rewrite the .lua a bit and change the .tga it uses to fix your taste, that would be the fastest way to get the sexymap look, but post it when you are done with it so it can be added to the package ☺

update: it is called "simpleminimap", and it is the addon which sexymap origins from so i gues if you put in some effort you should be able to make it look like sexy map but without all the features.

i hope this helped :biggrin:

Last edited:
Cr0wl0ck said:
i hope this helped
biggrin.gif

Indeed, it did help.

Too bad. There were some nice looking skins, such as rotating leaves and so on, which looked beautiful in my druid's interface. I also asked in other boards for help. Someone is giving it a try.

The leaves you want are simple images, backgrounds and textures, wrapped around the minimap so that it looks cool.

http://www.resto4life.com/2008/12/12/bringing-sexymap-to-druids/

I'd say your biggest issue would be recovering the texture files from inside wotlk installation, unless they are a default part of vanilla files (doubt it), then setting them around your minimap, and you don't need any special datadisc API handlers for that.

I never tried to create/modify WoW add ons.

step 1: download "notepad++"
step 2: start at the very bottom, edit "interface version if it is too old, and sometimes too new, vanilla had interface id 11200. some addons will the work right away, old ones dont need the click to load old addons and new ones might run and if not they state what went wrong most of the time.
step 3: time to start experimenting and guessing what stuff does and from time to time maybe look in the manual ^^

tip: heres a few short minor tips

.toc decides the version and what is written as info about it
.lua is the core of the addon itself
.xml is mainly framework and the boxes you see etc.
.tga pictures and icons
.blp pictures and icons

Last edited:
here is the sexymap remade into 1.12.1 Cmap

note: i did not make this and it has several bugs when used alongside other minimap addons since it is still incomplete but it allows you to have sexymap minimap. its last update was in 2012 so i assume the original creator stopped before it was completed but it allows you to have the sexymap looks and animation.

Last edited:
u dont have problem with UI if u dont use any stupid mongoloids addons, in classic UI + 1.12.1 addons i never take LUA, maybe with EZ dis. More addons = more lama

? try to be more precise and polite when replying please :smile:

when i said the addon is incomplete and bugged is becourse i tested it then to verify it and ran over the code quickly to see what he did.

it works as i said, but the interface for changing is still in the trial/testing phase, aside from that it diables the clock.

tip: ez dismount is included in "lazypig" also known as LP, which is included in my library.

note: why would you reply in a thread about addons if you hate addons ?, and no more addons only equal problems if you dont know what and how you are doing it. theres addons to reduce load time from zone or dungeons, even to show cast bars. if you realy still feel insecure and paranoid towards addons then fine but atleast dont reply to an addon thread unless you want to contribute or have something constructive to say :wink:

Top Bottom