• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

10 gold respec

quasist

It sounds like ton of oomkins and spriests will be roaming around...

Also means that other classes will have more issues like some people roll much more for offspec gears.

Why not classic 60(?) gold cap?

The more gold "forced" into character managment - the stronger the bond.

high respecc costs -> nobody respeccs -> nobody is pvp specced -> nobody wants to pvp -> no pvp -> no fun

Yes cause I love pumping 100g into my warrior just to go from tanking to play some PvP and then back to tanking....if a group/raid leader is concerned people will roll for offspec, the easy solution is to ML.

10g respec is extremely appealing to me. I love that Kronos is willing to makes changes like this.

For me personally, my optimal raid spec is not the same as my preferred PvP spec. So this makes it a lot easier to enjoy both raiding and PvPing, without going totally broke. Though 10g is still nothing to laugh at in Vanilla. 50g is just ridiculous and would make for less people doing PvP.

10g respec is extremely appealing to me. I love that Kronos is willing to makes changes like this.

This. It encourages people to try out different specs and maybe some more ''original'' talent choices.

As sayed above - It encourages more PvP. I know that i never played warrior even though i like tanking just because you allways need to respec if you want to PvP.

I think it's fantastic! Really gives healers and tanks the ability to freely do things outside of raiding. It's one of the main reasons I prefer Kronos to Nostalrius.

The 10g respec cost doesn't just allow me to switch between optimal specs for whatever purpose. But it also allows me more freedom to experiment with my class. I want to go around PvPing or in 5-man instances with a weird build I think I could have fun with. 10g respec cost allows me to do that without it breaking my bank account.

The issue you identified might be problematic in 5-mans when the majority of the population is still running instances for pre-raid BiS gear. Guilds will have enough control over their members to insinuate that if they wish to run a sub-optimal spec during a raid, they will need to be prepared for the lack of gear love compared to someone running a raid-efficient spec. If that person causes problems like that in a raid, he/she will be shooting him/herself in the foot.

I don't see the problem with people "stealing" your gear with their offspeccs. If a Boomkin is in your group, he replaces a DPS slot not the healer. -> a normal DPS would "steal" YOUR precious LOOT too.. so what?

I don't see the problem with people "stealing" your gear with their offspeccs. If a Boomkin is in your group, he replaces a DPS slot not the healer. -> a normal DPS would "steal" YOUR precious LOOT too.. so what?
Well, they deserve it more because they picked the class most "balanced"

Well, they deserve it more because they picked the class most "balanced"

Wow, that is so wrong and self-serving! Let me guess: you've been forced to play a spec you don't like just to gear up OR you play one of those "optimized" classes right?

The player that puts the most effort to into his char (consumables, BiS farming etc.) should be rewarded accordingly even if his DPS is a tad lower than if he had chosen to play a more "pure" class.

I'm not saying Boomkins should get all the cloth but "pure" DPS already have appropriate sets to do their jobs. Why not leave some off-pieces to the others?

Can we not have another pure vs. hybrid argument please? Take that to the general class forum.

10g respec is great, and as mentioned in another thread around here complaining about it, it's necessary. Private realms just do not have the same population that retail vanilla had, and because of that, a high respec cost will diminish pvp activity severely.

Don't really understand your issue with the potential for more hybrid dps. If you don't like it, don't join a guild that allow them in their raids.

What most fail to see is that a vanilla server will most likely not have the same numbers as a retail server had. This means you have to adapt at least a bit. Private servers always have the same problems, why not tackle them?
Its a good approach to give incentive for PvP.
Its the same as <59 BG commands/innkeeper join. Why not give it to players if it motivates them to participate in low level PvP?
Just for the sake of a backwards buzzword? Now thats retarded.

Can we not have another pure vs. hybrid argument please? Take that to the general class forum.

10g respec is great, and as mentioned in another thread around here complaining about it, it's necessary. Private realms just do not have the same population that retail vanilla had, and because of that, a high respec cost will diminish pvp activity severely.

Don't really understand your issue with the potential for more hybrid dps. If you don't like it, don't join a guild that allow them in their raids.

Not only that, with private servers having a much smaller pool of potential raiders then any retail server. So people will be switching specs more often because there are a smaller pool of people to pick from for a particular build. 10g respec cost does not only compensate for the PvP side, but for the PvE side as well.

What most fail to see is that a vanilla server will most likely not have the same numbers as a retail server had. This means you have to adapt at least a bit. Private servers always have the same problems, why not tackle them?
Its a good approach to give incentive for PvP.
Its the same as <59 BG commands/innkeeper join. Why not give it to players if it motivates them to participate in low level PvP?
Just for the sake of a backwards buzzword? Now thats retarded.

This. Couldn't have said it better myself.

I already imagine 95% of druid healers in BRD parties needing on hoj.
Every paladin healer in Scholo parties needing on deathbone set.
Tons of soon-to-be-spriests grabbing warlock's +shadowdmg gears.

As a pve fury I prefer spending non-raiding by relaxing time of grinding mobs. Then comes the "enforced pvp situations" caused by 10gold respec...

Why [CZ] go all way Nessa Devil over PVE? :angry:

Imo some1 should ask the party to roll on offspecc items. Fair rules for everyone, same while leveling, there i also have to ask to roll on one or the other dps item as healer. But it everyone is pissed of (i have a unsocial group) i better don't roll.. So almost the same in the end..

Even if there is low respec cost, people still use loot rules. If u can't organize ur group to roll for items they should and shouldn't, u're just bad. Only person u should blame in that cause, is u.
In my group no1 will get loot for offspec, if some1 need it for mainspec.

Well normaly ppl respeced after weekly raids are done so lets say you raid monday and wednesday and then you spec for pvp till next monday so you pay 100g per week . Now you can spec after every raid back to pvp thats 40g per week 60g if you raid 3 days in week.Still good gold sink.

Top Bottom