• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warlock 2 Questions Regarding Money-Making and Soul Drain as a Warlock

SashaYudin

Authorized
Hello fellow Warlocks,

I have two questions:

#1; This regards in making money. I farm in Silithus (encrypted twilight texts + abyssal crests + greens) to earn money. It seems to be going alright for now, but just alright. My other farming spot would be Felwood farming Felcloth, but I seem to earn money faster & greater while in Silithus. I wonder if anyone have any suggestions for other farming methods? I hear some Warlocks farming Elemental Earth in Badlands and other Warlocks have a tactic for soloing bosses in Zul'Farrek. I would love clarification on this so I can farm better for consumables.

#2; I notice that using max rank of Soul Drain seems to be pointless at times. The max damage-tick I get would be almost equivalent to a Max Corruption-tick (until at least the new rank of Corruption from Ahn'Qiraj 20 emerges). I definitely see positive benefits from using max rank Health + Mana Drain, but not so much Soul Drain. Since Warlocks mainly use Soul Drain for just shards & not damage, it would be wise to use rank 1 or 2 or 3 instead of the max rank to save mana, and lots of mana in that case. Furthermore, sometimes Soul Drain doesn't tick it's damage output because the target dies, but I still obtain a shard. Would anyone clarify on this further and give advice?

Thank you,

Sasha ~ Eastern Slavic Siberian Villager

You get a shard if you're channeling, even if it doesn't have time to tick. I only ever use rank 1 Drain Soul.

Yes, that is what I figured, you get a shard if it channels, regardless if it ticks damage or not.

Just makes sense using rank 1, yes

You have any strong recommendations for my first question regarding money-making as a Warlock?

/run if ((UnitHealth"target")/(UnitHealthMax"target")<0.01) then CastSpellByName ("Drain soul(rank1)"); end

For 2 drain soul does okay dmg before lvl 50 so its worth using it.Having immo+corruption+agony+drain soul is good dps to take a mob down.But yea generally in later levels rank 1 is best so u get the shard and the mana regen if u are specced in to that.

For 1 it depends on what server u on.K1 has things more expensive and K2 is cheaper since its a new server.For K2 their are many ways for a lock to farm gold.U can be making 100-150g/hr if u know what u doing.U can go ZF and farm bosses like u said.If u are enchanter then u can disenchant and sell the shards which nets u 100g+.

U could do SM runs if u are not geared properly or u are a fresh 60.(u can really do this on 50 level anyway)U must be enchanter and disenchant BoEs and drops.Can net u 40-60g/hr which is pretty good.

DM East is good too, can net u 50g+.Just go in and kill the packs with hellfire and letting your void tank it.Sell the stuff on AH.

Can do mara runs which also nets u 50g+,u know the drill.

Also DM N runs.Just sell the loot and u can make 40g a hour.Not alot compared to others but it doesnt rely on the auction house which is good.Skinning+enchanting u can make more...In the region of 80g+

Enchanting is my favourite for lock even tho not many choose it.Very good since u can disenchant and make money from auction house+can enchant your own gear and other peoples gear and they give u tips.Everyone needs crusader enchants,agi enchants,top enchants etc..Where as tailoring is just specific.

Since i like to pvp i run with engi/ench or u could be engi/mining or engi/tail.

Their are other ways which are non instanced based like u mentioned,farming oozelings,tyrshard,felcloth,slithus,elementals and what not but their is always people stealing your spots and people pking u so i dont really like that way.Their are plenty of other ways but this is the main and concise ways for a lock to farm.If u have mining and others dont in your party then u can do the full DM and mine the nodes at the end which u can make tons of gold etc...

If u need any more help u can look up vids on youtube.Hope it helps.

Thank you very much Suhail1200!

This has helped me a lot! I am also Enchanting + Engineering, because I absolutely crave Warlock PvP! Your advice really helped! I am quite geared, full Tier 2. I like your idea on farming mobs in Dire Maul (East) and Scarlet Monastery. Do you have a recommended spec for this? I suppose Soul Link with talent points into Destruction? I have tried farming low dungeons before, but failed miserably and I believe it is due to not being spec properly.

Thank you very much Suhail1200!

This has helped me a lot! I am also Enchanting + Engineering, because I absolutely crave Warlock PvP! Your advice really helped! I am quite geared, full Tier 2. I like your idea on farming mobs in Dire Maul (East) and Scarlet Monastery. Do you have a recommended spec for this? I suppose Soul Link with talent points into Destruction? I have tried farming low dungeons before, but failed miserably and I believe it is due to not being spec properly.

People tend to go for SM/Ruin for the best due to high shadowbolts or MD/Ruin.
SL/shadowburn and other points in affliction(imp corr,imp drain soul,even 5/5 in drain life) does work okay.i tend to stick with this since i can pvp good and also farm dg as well with it.(Even tho respecs are cheap) and then change to sm/ruin for raids.

SM/ruin is best because u can siphon life all mobs in a pack and then rain of fire-->hellfire them.U loose hp as hellfire but with siphon life u heal it back up u see?

DM E =https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8EljEWs4So
DM N=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFDOKvKmAnE
Mara run=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbpIxvuj44g
SM Arm=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wgMRftdhK0
ZG if u in K1=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_B4HRU2bQA

Just look up prices of shards on auction.Disenchant the items which will make profit by selling the shards.If they dont make much profit then just vendor them.
U can make good money just by vending the items hehe.
p.s credit from videos go to them^

This is great ! ! !

Thank you so much Suhail1200! I shall experiment with these specs and dungeons! I might go down the Destruction tree into Emberstorm, because with my gear I get 2k ticks on Rein of Fire and 1k ticks on Hellfire !

This is great ! ! !

Thank you so much Suhail1200! I shall experiment with these specs and dungeons! I might go down the Destruction tree into Emberstorm, because with my gear I get 2k ticks on Rein of Fire and 1k ticks on Hellfire !

Yea its nice.If u have decent stamina then u can go down pyroclasm route.26% chance to stun for 3 sec with SF but mainly hellfire.In pve it is godly.

Something like this mainly for pve http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#IqMi0RboZ0xbZxx0trMz
Dot everything with SL+corruption(+ Agony if u want) and then hellfire.Very fun build.

Also are u using the shadowdmg gear or the magic+healing ones?With emberstorm i assume magical+healing for most right?

Top Bottom