• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

[BWL] Blackwing Lair 24m BWL speedrun by <Vanguard>

oppahansi

Authorized

Hello Travelers,

<Vanguard> set a new BWL Speedrun record across all vanilla servers on realmplayers / twinstar, beating the old record by over 5 minutes.

Full vid available here or below.

[video=youtube;taDfDfWyKWQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taDfDfWyKWQ[/video]

POVS:
Fury(x2), Prot, Druid and Warlock

<Vanguard>

is always recruiting outstanding players of all classes who want to push their performance to the limit. If you like a lot of world boss kills, recordbreaking speedruns and the race for server firsts, join us at vanguard-kronos.shivtr.com

We would love to see more competition from some other guilds, speedruns are after all the second best thing after progression.

Cheers,
Worst DPS of Vanguard

stopped watching halfway through razorgore when I noticed an add pack spawns about once every 30 seconds, undertuned everything wooooo

I think the real topic here is: why doesn't Ermean have his juju's binded (you can see him CLICKING on it at 11.58) and most of his other buffs at the right? :)

All jokes aside, very well done with some nice out of the box thinking (f.e. cloaking device + swiftness potion, pala swap at nef, ...) and nice execution. It is going to be tough to beat that.

asked GM's once and they told me dodging chromaggus breaths as maintank is bugabusing. clearly at 19:05 and 19:35 maintank dodges breaths. second breath beeing timelapse would mean some DPS'ers would die.

clear bugabuse, thanks for reporting urself

asked GM's once and they told me dodging chromaggus breaths as maintank is bugabusing. clearly at 19:05 and 19:35 maintank dodges breaths. second breath beeing timelapse would mean some DPS'ers would die.

clear bugabuse, thanks for reporting urself

You're welcome. We have been streaming our raids for a long time for the first few months of BWL, and we've had GMs randomly drop by in our raids at the beginning too. Through all that time everyone had a chance to report us for bug abuse if they wanted to, and GMs had the chance to tell us that it is not allowed in case they consider it so. None of that ever happened. Why? Because what you call bug abuse doesn't change anything - breaths can always be dodged.

as the active tank, breaking line of sight during a cast animation is considered abusing mechanics

as the active tank, breaking line of sight during a cast animation is considered abusing mechanics

Hilarious. Hiding from enemy spell casts is bug abuse guys. Unless you play like a 10 years old back in 2006, you're bug abusing. Okay.

Anyway, I give up. Go report us. If GMs consider this to be abuse after a whole year of us doing it without anyone complaining, then we can talk it out.

This thread deserves better than to be turned into another drama thread by haters. Have a nice life, Epix.

You're welcome. We have been streaming our raids for a long time for the first few months of BWL, and we've had GMs randomly drop by in our raids at the beginning too. Through all that time everyone had a chance to report us for bug abuse if they wanted to, and GMs had the chance to tell us that it is not allowed in case they consider it so. None of that ever happened. Why? Because what you call bug abuse doesn't change anything - breaths can always be dodged.

well when i asked in IRC if thats allowed i got answered its bug abusing. so we never did that. you on the other hand most likely use this since ~1 year??

either punish VG MT or open up this tactic for every guild instead of refusing the method to us but allowing it to other guilds

Hilarious. Hiding from enemy spell casts is bug abuse guys.

source of this statement is actually the kronos team, not me. also you dont even understand the issue but that doesnt stop your hogwash. hiding from the breath is fine for everyone but the maintank, he has to take the breath, else he is abusing.

this has been reasons for bans on your old server feenix/ED, on warsong, and here. marking my posts as -1 or whatever wont change the facts

Last edited by a moderator:
Dodging the breath counts for atleast 20 minute longer raid no doubt. I enjoyed the video lads good effort

I still don't see how dodging breath is a bug abuse in the first place. Does that mean avoiding mana burn on geddon for healers/ instructor raz a bug? Learn the game and fuck off.

I don't see why they would stipulate making the MT eat the breath. It is a built in cast time for dodging. It is a boss mechanic that can be countered with environmental positioning, and not with wall climbing or other unintended means.

This is like saying all off tanks have to build up stacks on first drakes because having them LoS the stacks and only come out to taunt for buffet is bug abuse.

Using your brain, the environment within the intended areas of the game, and taking a new approach to a boss while staying within the game rules should be encouraged.

TiL using your brain is bug abuse.

I propose Kronos recruits a GM to watch lowbies do SM-Library

Who knows, maybe they have been abusing Arcanist Doan's line of sight when he starts channeling all this time.

Edit : I'd like to share some ideas and knowledge with you so you have something to think on while beating on level 15s in RRM with a Thunderfury.

There are targeted AoE spells (Flame strike, rain of fire etc that mobs use), there are self centered AoE spells afaik. When you LoS type 1, AI of mobs would stop casting and move, type 2 casts wouldnt be interrupted if the thing is a channneled cast. Most glaring example being SM-Lib last boss. We ALL know chromaggus breaths are self-centered because it hits people in HIS line of sight rather than checking someone else's. So as a self-centered spell, while channeling LoSing the spell wouldnt cause mob to stop it and move.

What do you think Chrom breath should work like when everyone in combat with him disappears from his LoS? Should he stop casting and move? This would allow people to literally Delay Breaths, it would be even possible to start and finish the fight without a single breath happening. Raid can form a triangle around a corner while tank is using his attack+GCD and immediately LoS ing him over and over again while everyone goes ham on chromaggus.

If this is a bug-like you claim, do you have ANY idea how it should work like? Please enlighten us.

Last edited:
Top Bottom