• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

2v2 Tournament! | bo3 | double elim

perpxgodx

3E5XUoq.png

Update 24/4/2016

with the current influx of players flooding to our server bringing some questionable delay and in the wake of a new realm opening, the tournament has been postponed until a later unannounced date (expect a few months).

while the minimum amount of team signups was originally surpassed, since then a few players have expressed discomfort with the current delay and others have dropped out due to unforeseen circumstances leaving no choice but to postpone the event. I've also received countless messages from people who want to participate but cannot due to massive gear disadvantage.

players who have donated/signed up will be reimbursed, and I'd like to apologise for any inconveniences caused :)

Following a second successful 1v1 tournament, I'll be hosting a 2v2 tournament on Saturday, 30th April 2016, STV arena, 16:00 Server Time (16:00 CEST, 15:00 BST, 07:00 PST, 10:00 EST). This event will be run with many quality of life improvements for both spectators and the players competing.

Important things to note about this event;

*Line of Sight (LoS) pillars will be active inside the arena, Nagrand style.
* The tournament will feature best of 3 matches, and DOUBLE ELIMINATION (you can lose to two teams before you're forced out).
* There will be an invisible barrier surrounding the arena to prevent griefing/people jumping in/many mind visions causing client lag. If you weren't involved in any of the 3 activities just listed, you wont be affected by this change.
* Following the event, the barriers will be removed and you're encouraged to wage war on your opposing faction.
* There have been many improvements to the rules, ensuring even more balance and regardless of your class you're encouraged to compete!
* Streamers will be advertised prior to the event, if you are able to stream in good quality with a good UI, please contact me either on the forums or in-game. I will not be streaming (due to my internet not being OBS friendly) but recording the event.
* Base prize pool will be lower than previous events to allow more people to feel comfortable competing
* There will be a maximum of 16 teams competing. If there aren't a minimum of 8 teams competing, the tournament will be cancelled (fees & donations returned). Please note that unless the amount of teams competing is a power of 2 (2, 4, 8, 16, 32, ...) there will be byes in the bracket (teams automatically being in round 2) as seen below;

c309d5c016f20e9d061eb26d677f5c33.png

PRIZES & ENTRY FEE

2v2 TEAM ENTRY: 30g (15g each)

1st place: 40% of prize pool = 288g
2nd place: 20% of prize pool = 144g
3rd place: 10% of prize pool = 72g
4th-8th place: 5% of prize pool = 36g

If you wish to donate to the tournament, 100% of your donation will be added to the prizepool. Once again, a massive thanks to the kind people who sponsored the previous events (Icairus, Vipergodx, Highsandlord, Armazor, Trynae, Spookycrisp, Mafin, Quasist, Sufix, Maagd).

FORMAT

* Bracket will be randomly generated with challonge.com and will support DOUBLE ELIMINATION, best of 3 matches
* There will be 2-5 minute intervals between games. If the players are ready to fight, the games will commense immediately following the previous once cooldowns have been reset by GMs on hand.
* You are required to be at @ the arena and ready for your match prior to the starting time. If someone on your team isn't able to make the match, you will be allowed to bring in a substitute player and will have 5 minutes to do so or your team will be disqualified. We will be using the STV arena.
* Paladins are not allowed to stack reckoning before an arena match.
* If you violate a rule (items or format) during the tournament you will be automatically disqualified. Absolutely no exceptions this time, regardless of signup count, so make sure you read the rules. Rules will always be subject to change, within reason.
* You may not eat/drink in the arena more than 15 times.
* If a stealth class has remained in stealth for more than 60 seconds without combat, the opposing team's players will be given stealth detection for 30 seconds.
* If you are playing a certain comp, you may have some restrictions imposed on you.
* Please allow at least 4 hours for the tournament.
* You will be allowed to respec in between matches (not in between games). You will be teleported if you need this.
* You will not be allowed to leave group once you're inside the arena and may not enter with foreign buffs as previously stated.

ITEM, SPELL AND COMP RULES
disclaimer: please bare in mind that these rules go through many deliberations involving many high level pvpers and as such, decisions aren't made lightly and take a long time go from drawing board -> live. If you're unhappy with a rule, feel free to message me in game about it and put forth a well constructed argument as to why you think something should be changed. It's impossible to balance vanilla and there's wrath if you'd rather highly competitive arena!

You may use:
Iron Grenades (no other type of explosive)
Up to lvl55 food/drinks that do not give you buffs (no 3% per sec fruitcake things)
Mounts
Bandages (
no anti venoms etc)
Class items (rogue poisons for example)
Anything with a cd of 10 mins or under (however there are EXCEPTIONS below)
Tidal Charm
Your comps class buffs/items (healthstone etc)
All class spells with a cooldown with 15 minutes or less

Restricted (you will not be allowed to use these):
Any and all items with cooldowns that exceed 10 minutes (invis trinket, etc. Exceptions are listed)

Foreign buffs (from other people not competing in your match)
Foreign debuffs (curse of reck from an enemy player for example)
Reflectors
Consumables that give you anything combat worthy whatsoever (heals, dispels, defensive, offensive etc (scorpid surprise, free action, crystal restore, health pot.. etc). This also includes items that give buffs which aren't removed when the item is removed.
Magic Dust
Large Rope Net
Gnomish engi net
Horned Viking Helm
Grenades that aren't made of iron (this means shit like arcane bomb's banned, sorry horo)
Flash Bomb
Anti Venoms
Graccu's Mincemeat Fruitcake (or w/e it's called)
Quest Items (like burning gem, hello xposed)
Noggenfogger Elixir (can act as a trash buff)
You may not drink/eat food while in the arena more than 15 times.
Goblin Sapper Charge
Silent Fang
Medicine Pouch
Invulnerable Mail
Green Whelp Armour
Spider Belt

Comp Rules(these are always subject to change, but assume the current rules are quite concrete, if you have any better suggestions please read the disclaimer above)
2 of the same class is not allowed.
2 heal specs in the same team are not allowed (hpriest/hpal, rsham/rdruid, etc., comps like rdruid/ret, elesham/hpal etc. are fine)
Comp swapping is not allowed, however you may have a substitute in the event a player isn't able to show.

SIGNUP DETAILS

You can sign up in 2 ways. Signups will be closed on 28th April @ 23:00 server time.

1. Leave your TEAM NAME & character names on the forum and send 30g to 'Allstarduels' (A) / 'Allstarduelx' (H).
2. If you wish to remain anonymous until the brackets are drawn, you may send the details with your entry fee to 'Allstarduels' (A) / 'Allstarduelx' (H).

SPECTATOR RULES
If you intend to watch the tournament, please be orderly & form a circle around the edges of the arena. Please do not stand inside the arena after 16:00. You may use whatever items you want (incl. combat pets/firewater/fireworks/etc) except ones that disrupt the peace and/or disturb the fights in the arena when the tournament is live. This means no grenades for example. Do not kill the opposing faction. GMs will be there to keep the peace and I wouldn't test their patience as you'll most likely be teleported somewhere instantly. Horde to one side of the arena, Alliance to the other.
* Once the event has finished, it's encouraged you wage war on the opposing faction (or jump in the arena and ffa yourself) but please refrain from griefing during the tournament, or you risk being removed.

5/4/2016
* added rule for subs
* clarified respeccing

7/4/2016
*added rule for grp leaving

Last edited:
Reflectors are forbidden but Tidal Charm is not? What are you smoking?

i'm gonna keep this short

pillars will be active, you don't need the reflectors. restricting engineering allows for more players to sign up. consider the fact this is a group setting and tidal is nowhere near as volatile as it is in 1v1 - also bare in mind that certain players have very high level weapons (a la r14) which completely break some matchups - should those be banned too?

in a perfect world, more pvpers would actually sign up and less engi items would have to be banned :)

Please make Itsreal an official Kronos streamer...with commentary ofc

i'm gonna keep this short

pillars will be active, you don't need the reflectors. restricting engineering allows for more players to sign up. consider the fact this is a group setting and tidal is nowhere near as volatile as it is in 1v1 - also bare in mind that certain players have very high level weapons (a la r14) which completely break some matchups - should those be banned too?

in a perfect world, more pvpers would actually sign up and less engi items would have to be banned :)

No one with rank 14 weapons attends your tournaments, mate.

rog lf spriest
bout myself: no skill just gear

- - - Updated - - -

silent fang ban is arguable but oh well ;d

No one with rank 14 weapons attends your tournaments, mate.

having to release a ruleset without knowing a concrete amount of signups and their comps/professions is difficult considering the amount of people here who don't want to compete. similar to how trying to construct a tournament which aims to be competitive and find the best pvpers while also catering to undergeared/players with other professions is

Last edited:
Tournament is mostly for fun purpose and to keep something happening around here. Everyone who post trash-talk here but won't sign up is a PUSSY. See you in the ring of blood !

P.S. LF Hpal with good gear and working mic

Update 24/4/2016

with the current influx of players flooding to our server bringing some questionable delay and in the wake of a new realm opening, the tournament has been postponed until a later unannounced date.

while it's disappointing that a lot of people are afraid to sign up, we still managed to meet the minimum amount of team signups and originally surpassed it, however since then a few players have expressed discomfort with the current delay and others have dropped out due to unforeseen circumstances leaving no choice but to postpone the event. I've also received countless messages from people who want to participate but cannot due to massive gear disadvantage, so a gap will give them time to gear up.

players who have donated/signed up will be reimbursed, and I'd like to apologise for any inconveniences caused :)

Yo man, I'll actually give it a try. I was trying to do an arena tournament and ppl directed me to this page. Ur a great event organizer man, I will use the material you created as well as I can. Thank you very much for tryin it out. I'm nowhere near your skills but I'll try to make it a good event for the game. Hope you can check out the videos of it or something, since you won't be able to show up.
Ty for the effort, I intend to honor it.

Top Bottom