• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Other 41min 46sec MC run by <Vanguard>

Yeah there's a gear difference. By your logic you actually lose to dreamstate who have cleared in 30 minutes on other servers with better gear.

Yeah I agree the economy regarding Black Lotus is different. Eitherway, it wasn't meant to be a SPEEDRUN just a fast run, not everybody flasked and no special consumables to make it even faster.

Regarding the gear difference, Dreamstate cleared on Emerald Dream in 30 Minutes with T2 content out for 2 YEARS (yeah, Feenix enough said). Also, the gear was already updated, not sure if their Speedrun had their gear updated already or not but the Debuff Slots still remain (not big difference though).

Anyways, it was a nice experience and I hope we can keep improving our clear times and make a proper speedrun soon!

Remember that Nostirls bosses is bugged and stands AFK alot, cant really compare it to Kornos :)

Didn't Nostalrius upgrade the gear to 1.12 now with AV release? So I heard.

We're sorry if this 2 months old post made for purpose of advertising our guild and in hope of attracting players who care about performance even in farmed content offends you despite the very calm and normal tone of our members, Grimlocke. I suppose you're from Dreamstate? Wish you all the best on your server and apologies for any emotional stress this thread may have caused you (can't be easy playing on same server as Nain and Plask).

Last edited:
This topic seems a good place to ask my general question about raid speed:

Why are guilds SO much faster than in retail back in 2005?

I know, we are better now. dps rotations, talent trees, etc all has been more optimized.

But still. I was in a server first guild in retail, I still have some of our old videos. I don't think we were THAT bad... We we were a very stable and well organized raiding guild with a core team that stayed together for at least 12 months. I think we started to call it 'speed runs' when we finished in less than 2 hours in MC... Eventually we would lessen that to 80 or 90 minutes or so I guess. That would be without dps flasks... but still...turtle speed compared to today

So my question is, is there another difference , maybe in the boss statistics?

Maybe it's just people who farmed that content on other servers too... after doing it for years you can probably do anything blindfolded, pretty much like playing guitar or typewriting.

Factors that may contribute : Less latency, no server crashes, a very selective population (only players interested in Vanilla, thus players that have some experience in MMOs, probably raiders seeing we've currently got around 95% of our level 60 who have raided at some point, I doubt it was like that back in Vanilla), gear optimization, a focus on speedruns. Or class stacking, whatever.

If you check the bosskills you can see that most first kills where pretty close to vanilla times (ex: Ragnaros, 5-6 minutes first kills like Nihilum Ragnaros 2006). It's after that that times got squashed for some reason (current best time : 1 minute). It was also possible back then though Ragnaros 1 minute 2006

MC in 67 minutes

Last edited:
molten core was released in patch 1.1

1. loot had different stats, for example full tier1 mage set had +20 frost spelldamage before patch 1.5 - shit dps
2. dire maul wasnt released until patch 1.3 - no world buffs
3. darkmoon faire wasnt released until patch 1.6 - no world buffs
4. generally, the entire raid were using some kind of fire resistance gear on raggy - even more loss of dps
5. only 8 debuffs could be placed on a target until patch 1.7 - less optimization
6. talent trees for all classes looked a lot different/worse back then - less optimization
7. people generally took whatever talents they wanted - no optimization

it honestly doesn't make too much sense comparing kronos raids to vanilla because the patch is 1.12 here and there's 10 years of vanilla know-how that seperates us.

still that don't take away credit from whatever happens on kronos. we should just compare us to other guilds on kronos and that'll do.

Great answers! TY. The most important factor I missed myself was the 1.12 issue. I forgot that we started in patch 1.6 with raiding..

Top Bottom