• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

A discussion about gdkp (gold dkp)

hizOdge

Authorized
This might not be a popular opinion, but I hope we never see any gdkps on kronos ever. I know we are not gonna see any in the start since people won't have money or gear to carry a gdkp but there is a very high chance they might come later. I wish kronos would make a rule against allowing gdkps because I've seen what the do to other servers. It ruins the economy, causing gold inflation, and chinese gold farmers with infinite gold get insanely geared by getting carried through all the gdks.

I would love to hear other peoples opinion on the subject.

I don't think you can force people to not accept gold for gear run throughs.

Yeah that is the problem. If there was such a rule, it would be difficult to enforce. I just hope there is some way, since gdkps ruins a server so much imo.

The only reason gdkp work on feenix is due the high amount of hacked gold running on it :p how u think is possible to buy 10k g for 10 euro else?

The only reason gdkp work on feenix is due the high amount of hacked gold running on it :p how u think is possible to buy 10k g for 10 euro else?

Gotta agree with Indaco, there won't be that stupid high amounts of gold out there on Kronos anyway. And even if someone buys himself some gear for gold, it will never happen while progess, but only when it's on farm status anyway and even then it won't be that much gold spent on it.

gdkp runs can be a good addition for the twinking community or people who don't have the flexibility for a regular raid schedule.

-> players pay money for items
-> money gets distributed to the raid at the end
-> everyone wins

I see no problem here?

I had no idea it was that cheap or that it was hacked. I just assumed it was chinese farmers etc. But if that is the source of the problem and it doesn't happen on kronos, I guess there isn't an issue.

Gdkp are the most jewish terrible thing i ever saw (with no offense to jews...) I will never support this. i just HATE IT.

The problem is that Feenix dont care about those things as long as it doesnt affect their money gain. Gdkp itself isnt a problem. It helps poor players getting some money, undergeared player to get some gear and also improves the community (people getting to know each other while raiding etc.)

People cry a lot about unfair loot distribution when it comes to above mentioned system but consider the following:
In a normal pug only a few lucky ones will recieve items while the remaining raidmembers will get nothing
In a GDKP pug everyone benefits (which will ensure that you get your item if you save up the gold you gain each run)

If Chero / Kronos Staff will care for the server there wont be any problems with GDKP. On Feenix you can run around with 200k gold for years and nothing will happen.

Yeah so then is a coincidence that the one who makes the party keeps all BoE for him to sell em, so we can say that he is the luckiest...

As i said SUCK.

/ROLL and destiny decides, if u dont need any gear there and dont wanna go DONT GO.

Yeah so then is a coincidence that the one who makes the party keeps all BoE for him to sell em, so we can say that he is the luckiest...

As i said SUCK.

/ROLL and destiny decides, if u dont need any gear there and dont wanna go DONT GO.

People who need gold are assisting those who need gear. What sucks about that?

I will stay very far away from stuff like that.

So one more huge dislike for gdkp, but those who wanna do it, whatever. I just hope people would rather consider to make raids happen themselves, even with noobs, instead of getting boosted by spending gold using established gdkp raid-guilds.

Taking BoE items for himself is a dick move and should be taken care off, otherwise I still see no problem.

let's put it this way, we do not want to tell people how to form a group and how to spread the loot.
If people want to organize a gdkp run and there are enough people joining it, let them have their gig.

it's a community thing!

unless it becomes an obvious plague and damages the server, we have no intentions blocking something like that.

and as many of you said already, the whole scenario that happened on your other server, will not be possible like that on Kronos.

can anyone make me a fast explanation about those runs? cuz I think I didn't get the idea :D

Ok so one or several people will organize a so called gdkp raid. They will announce it in trade/world. Before accepting people into the raid they will normally check that you have minimum x amount of gold and preferably bad gear so you will need to buy more items. But in order for the grp to make the raid with a lot of people who need gear you need a core of overgeared people to carry the others, this is usually the group who organizes the gdkp. When items drop, there will be a bid war for each item, various bid systems are used, the highest bidder wins the item and pays the raidleader/gdkp leader, then receives the item. At the end of the raid the leader has the total pot of money for all the items. The sum is then divided by the x number of people in the raid and split evenly. However, it's normal practice for the leader to keep a fee for organizing the raid, could be for instance 5% of the total pot, all BOE items or both, depending on how greedy that person is. In essence, if you have a lot of money you can join on of these raids with lvl 40 greens and buy everything you want, provided you have the gold.

The problem with these runs on other servers in my experience is that people buy gold, join them, get insanely geared with no effort and ruin the server economy and PUG raiding in the process.

Last edited:
Ok so one or several people will organize a so called gdkp raid. They will announce it in trade/world. Before accepting people into the raid they will normally check that you have minimum x amount of gold and preferably bad gear so you will need to buy more items. But in order for the grp to make the raid with a lot of people who need gear you need a core of overgeared people to carry the others, this is usually the group who organizes the gdkp. When items drop, there will be a bid war for each item, various bid systems are used, the highest bidder wins the item and pays the raidleader/gdkp leader, then receives the item. At the end of the raid the leader has the total pot of money for all the items. The sum is then divided by the x number of people in the raid and split evenly. However, it's normal practice for the leader to keep a fee for organizing the raid, could be for instance 5% of the total pot, all BOE items or both, depending on how greedy that person is. In essence, if you have a lot of money you can join on of these raids with lvl 40 greens and buy everything you want, provided you have the gold.

The problem with these runs on other servers in my experience is that people buy gold, join them, get insanely geared with no effort and ruin the server economy and PUG raiding in the process.
Thank you so much for explanation!! Now I got it

But here they won't allow to buy gold or end game gear, right?

Well, I asume that in kronos Gdkp runs wont be possible in feenix its possible since the server is running for a quite some time now and there was some nasty shits about getting gold like vote for gold and also the famous warsong gluch marks trade for gold and now people have like thousands of gold so they can spend on items thats why theres soo much gdkp in feenix i hope we wont see those shits here since we all be poor as shit and i mean very very poor you will have to put an effort on a 100% mount yo you have to work your way to 60% mount it will be alota fun, i hope i will see you guys soon inside the real world of kronos IRL <3

On feenix players reach insane amounts of gold through either hacking or trading in warsong marks for repeatable quests that grant money (which they shouldn't).
A person with 241k gold can easily gear a toon through 1 gdkp run alone. Its a broken system for a broken server, nothing to worry about here.
The system works if the servers economy is intact and exploiting is actually taken care off.
-> no problem

I have so problem with this as long as so gold exploits are not on the server. GDKP runs would only be more seen after AQ is open. I would join GDKP raids at this point as a raid/guild leader, MC would not be a priority run at this point, as we would have 2 nights for primary raiding. Bwl full clear 1 night. Next raid would be AQ40 progression. At this point only select items would be sought after in MC. If I was a mage and I kept getting beat on dkp for ToEP, this would give me a high chance to get this item without having to pass on progression loot with my guild to stock dkp for an MC item. Also this helps classes that are not great at farming to get gold if you dont need an item, or your 1 item didnt drop. People who used to use gathering for making gold at this point in a server will struggle due to lower population, less buyers able 1-2 years after launch.

Make sure you screen shot loot/bid rules and each boss loot/chat in case of any ninjas to have propper proof if any issues arose.

I agree with Lharts. I think it will work fine here, since in Feenix there a lot of old accounts with tons of gold to spend, not like a fresh server like Kronos.

gdkp is retarded imo its not fair most gdkp runs u need to have like 20k gold to just get and inv so that means if u dont have any gold u wont get and inv. and also its more fair to just /roll, then every one has a chance to win items and not just the ones with the most gold....

thats the biges reason i quit on feenix server warsong.

People had that much gold because of abuses that can not happen here. As a new server, such a thing as gdkp runs would be a couple years out. Ill participate to make money, more fun than solo farming. This would be when my guild is in AQ40, farming bwl.

Top Bottom