• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

[MC] Molten Core [A] Excy's MC PuG

Excy

Authorized
Greetings heroes of the Alliance,

After a long time since the idea of hosting an MC PuG crossed my mind I finally decided to go through with it! Why? Mostly because there are no consistent and dedicated MC PuGs on Alliance side (RIP Risen's) and I think we all need to feed our PvE needs by gearing our alts with the current content being so heavily farmed.

Okay, it sounds all very pretty but when will it actually happen?

The runs will take place on Saturdays at 7 PM Server Time, with invites starting 20 minutes earlier.

Perfect, but how do I sign up for them?

I will not use any kind of website signing up requirement, you sign up by whispering me in-game (Excy / Exceptionz / Excell) and you will go through a process of gear inspection (in-game or using twinhead's armory). I will then tell you if you're accepted to join or not.

Got it, but in the raid how does loot exactly works?

MS > OS

Main Spec, ie. the one you're playing in the raid, will be obviously prioritized over Off Spec. We won't use any DKP System, instead we will go with the Roll System with some reserved items and a list of priorities that some classes have over others. Also, gold that drops from Ragnaros will not be shared (no I'm not being greedy, you will know why!)
BoE's will be rolled after the raid.

Item Priority List

Striker's Mark - Melee Priority
Ring of Spell Power - Caster Priority
Talisman of Ephemeral Power - Caster Priority
Mana Igniting Cord - Caster Priority (gtfo Paladins!)
Azuresong Mageblade - Caster Priority (paladins, pls)
Wristguards of the True Flight - Hunters and Fury Warriors
Any Fire Resistance Gear - Protection Warriors
Band of Accuria - Protection Warriors, Hunters, Rogues (furies it's not good for you really)
Choker of the Firelord - Caster Priority
Perdition's Blade - Rogues (again, furies, pls)

Reserved Items

Legendary Items, Fiery / Lava Cores and Sulfuron Ingots are reserved.

Ragnaros' Gold

I mentioned above that the gold dropped from Ragnaros wont be shared (roughly 2~3g per player) however every single piece of it will be directed towards the PuG with certain rewards that I will explain below!

What can you expect from the PuG

- Qualified Raidleading with huge experience with vanilla content;
- Fast and smooth runs Vanguard-style :biggrin:, aiming for clears to be done under 1h;
- Consistent MC PuG with the cooperation of Vanguard members;
- A relaxed, yet professional environment and raidleading tone during the course of the raid;
- Last but not least, DPS and HPS gold rewards. You see the gold taken away from Ragnaros above? Well, using RealmPlayers feature we will track the average DPS and HPS of the players within the run. There will be weekly gold rewards to those players in every PuG - might not happen in the first two weeks, however the rewards will be above 100G! Gotta reward dem tryhards!

What we expect from you

- Pre-Raid BiS or near to Pre-Raid BiS gear;
- A minimal amount of consumables (list below);
- Aqual / Eternal Quintessence (everyone must have this)

Note:
Why the quintessence? It's used to douse the runes in Molten Core (flaming iron stuff on the ground next to some bosses) and making it possible for Majordomo the Executus to spawn and therefore being able to reach Ragnaros.
How do you get it? You can do some googling, however in a very short way you have to go Azshara to where the Hydraxian Waterlords reside, do a series of quests and boom! you get the quintessence. The Eternal one is only attainable once you reached Revered with that faction.

- At least an idea on how fights work in Molten Core, reading up on some guides or watching some videos, even though I will explain every single detail it's better for you and the 39 people with you that you have an idea of how things work;
- Patience and professional attitude towards the PuG to ensure its smoothness and / or possibility to overcome some challenges that may occur;
- Obedience to the Raidleader's call, players that fail to listen to the raidleader will lose priority on loot and in some extreme cases a kick from the raid will happen.

Consumable List

Everyone - Greater Fire Protection Potions (biggest requirement)
Melee - Elixir of the Mongoose, Elixir of Fortitude, Juju Power, Juju Might, Smoked Desert Dumplings
Hunters - Elixir of the Mongoose, Elixir of Fortitude, Mana Oils, Major Mana Potions
Casters - Greater Arcane Elixir, Elixir of Shadow Power (warlock's case), Elixir of Fortitude, Wizard Oils
Healers - Elixir of Fortitude, Major Mana Potions, Demonic Runes, Mp5 Food
Tanks - Elixir of the Mongoose, Elixir of Fortitude, Juju Power, Juju Might, Smoked Desert Dumplings, Stamina Beer, Elemental / Dense Sharpening Stones, Free Action Potions (big requirement)

Note: Not all of these potions are required or mandatory, they are simply a guideline of stuff you should aim to get since they greatly benefit the run you are participating - obviously some are more important than others. In general terms, Greater Fire Protection Potions are mandatory for everyone.

Apart from this, you need:

- TeamSpeak3 Installed and Configured: Download Link
Players that are not on Teamspeak will be tracked and kicked from the raid. We need you to listen to us and us to listen to you! Communication is the key to make these raids successful!

Some last thoughts

World Buff are not a requirement, however I highly encourage everyone to get them. We will not take Heart of Hakkar / Onyxia or Nefarian Head buffs in normal cases. I say in normal cases because I plan to do Onyxia after the Molten Core Raid if there's enough interest and people attuned, in those cases players that receive the Head of Onyxia will be asked to keep it and to turn it in before the next PuG!
Any kind of raging behavior will not be tolerated and players will be punished for it. The point is to make a relaxed and smooth run for everybody!

Next MC PuG Date: 21.05.2016 - Saturday 7 PM Server Time!

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask either here or in-game! I repeat, to sign up whisper one of my main toons: Excy, Exceptionz or Excell! I will do the run with my Protection Warrior Excell!

Join and have some fun, bring a friend and remember, bring a quintessence!

-Excy

Bump,

Raid will happen this Saturday at 7 PM ST! Already got a few sign ups, the run will happen if the server is stable and enough people sign up!

Reserve your spot now by either PM'ing me here or whispering me in-game (Excy / Exceptionz / Excell).

Join, get loot, leave happy! See you Saturday!

nice!! dont forget to stream it ^^ need to take some notes on your rotation^^ been trying to perfect vanilla pve for ages^^ xD :)
7uabj7a.png

MC PuG was done today!

Sadly there was an inconvenient where we got into someone's ID, having Gehennas / Garr / Baron Geddon already killed :sad:. However that didn't stop us!

Here are the stats for today's MC: http://realmplayers.com/RaidStats/RaidOverview.aspx?Raid=39766

An unfortunate massive lag spike / massive 'aoe' DC hit us on Majordomo but we went back and killed him flawlessly!

Great job everyone today, you can already sign up for next week's MC! Do bring more Quintessences next time!

shame i couldnt come this time ^^ was really looking forward to sinister striking some rock monsters ^^ glad you guys got them though ^^ xD -.- <3

Much forum talk, too little signing up Perplexity! How come haven't you whispered me yet to reserve you a slot?!

Eitherway, next PuG will happen next Saturday at 7 PM again, already open for more people to join with more than half of the slots quickly filled! Reserve yours now by whispering the names above on the forum thread or simply PM'ing me on Twinstar's forums!

Bring good mood for a wonderful evening full of epics and phat lewt! (and a quintessence :laugh:)

Bump!

I haven't posted stats yet for last MC PuG, but it did happen and Ragnaros fell once more! Link: http://realmplayers.com/RaidStats/RaidOverview.aspx?Raid=40078

The run was indeed 100 minutes (1h40m) and it's something I desperatly want to fix and make it more efficient. I will be more selective in the people I get, as well as which setup we raid with (not always easy though as you can imagine).

Eitherway, next pug will happen again next Saturday at 7 PM, whisper me to reserve a spot!

Let's enjoy vanilla raids to the fullest while we can :laugh:

Seeing that the server likely won't be up at 7pm servertime, will the raid be rescheduled?

Due to planned server downtime, as it affects the PuG significantly, the run will be rescheduled to Tuesday at 7 PM Server Time!

I will resume advertising on World Chat with the new change.

See you there!

PuG will not happen this week due to several people, including myself, being unable to connect.

It will be postponed to next week, Saturday 25th June. You can sign up already, but either write here, PM me or write me an in-game mail as I probably won't be online anytime soon if this keeps up.

Stats from last raid: http://realmplayers.com/RaidStats/RaidOverview.aspx?Raid=41031

Run went pretty damn smooth, one of the best I'd say, until Ragnaros. Then it started going a bit downhill, still can't figure out the reason for so many random deaths, as heals were properly assigned and doing their job. Eitherway, it died, and I will do my best for next week this doesn't happen again!

See ya there!

It's time to say goodbye.

It saddens me we have come to this point, however the weekly lack of sign ups and the late minute talks with some guildies to try to get it going for another week have forced me to end it completely. It's very demotivating to see such an event on a sort of populated server being cancelled due to the lack of interest.

As for the PuGs that we have been running, they have been a blast, super efficient, quick (despite some lags in between, that proved to be the hardest boss of them all) and most important all done in a fun, dedicated and relaxing environment.

It was my pleasure to lead you through the depths of the Core and a big thanks to all those people that stick around from day 1: Talesavo, Alicze, Vxr, Bolaski and Megaloads (big guys got a ton of people tagging along) and the usual guildies that greatly helped the success of this pug (Gottegris, Kite, Pomona, Ashlea, Oppa, RodneyBacon and Evilness, big thanks to you guys).

Sadly, the server does not seem to support this kind of events, especially with most guilds doing double MC raids weekly. A big sorry for those that relied on the PuG and for those people I do encourage to get a guild and wish them great success, I just hope you guys understand how stressful it was being in the end, upon reaching Saturdays (pug days) with only 20 people signed up.

I really have no words to describe how empty I am feeling right now, I just hope some similar project comes along and anyone that goes through with it has my blessing. For now I encourage everyone to join Risen's BWL PuG as it is lead by great people with a lot of experience!

Yours faithfully,
Excy

So sad to read that :(

I just join the last raid and it was so good and as you said fun and relaxing and as unguilded player, it was my only chance to raid, i'm sad :')

Nvm, thanks to you Excel for all you've done for us ! I really hope it can restart on the future... maybe

Awww :( I was closing in on lvl 60!

Maybe try to reboot it once the lvl 60 population have gotten larger.

Top Bottom