• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

A few thoughts

Any kind of restriction of world channel is imho bad idea, because if u will limit amounts of post per minute, it will badly affect communication, selling, LFG macros etc, i know there is LFG channel, guild recruit channel and so on, but people, especially on free servers use world for everything....2nd reasson, if u made lvl restiction, this can badly affect growing pop, cause imagine, new player log on, and wanna ask about pop, factions, pvp and other things, and he cant cause there is lvl restiction. I know what u gonna say, he can find all info on web or forum, but we all know how people are lazy, maybe u gonna say: its their problem...but this server will be new, and need pop to survive.

Guys, stop talking about a customized feature (Chatchannel) for Global communication. There are already Channels made by Blizzard, use them for what their purpose are!

LookingForGroup - Wanna do some dungeons?
Trade - Wanna sell something?

Worldchat is only for spam and people write what they want, so better ban it because people will open it on this new server, because they are deeply used to it and without help from Admins they wont do it.
(Humans not enough developed lol)

- - - Updated - - -

i used to whisper people for those questions about the server or i use [1.General] to ask people, also the annoying Guild recruitment spam on Worldchannel is causing Headache, its just not vanilla, right? Dont try to find excuses for Worldchannel, it was made because of low population and its purpose was to have an easier way to communicate with the rest of the players online.

Like I said, its only suggestions.
If you can only chat every 1 minute 1 time then its even okay if you are allowed to chat at level 5.
As long as random level 1 alts shut their face :)
Similar to your idea i would like to suggest the world/global channels to be locked untill lvl 20 but not limiting it with 1 sentence every minute.

i have been trying to work with an old addon that muted spam, trying to make it mute "troll word" containing sentences once a specific command is issued muting all sentences with known common troll words afterwards.

sadly i am at a standstill and dont know how to add this feature, here's a link:
http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/85571-help-with-making-an-addon

the idea is to add troll words in place of the example word's in a long list so that if a person writes "[weapon-link] anal" as 1 of the most common troll sentences then becourse it contains the word "anal" it will be muted before it reaches the chat channel.

currently it only mutes when you spam the exact same sentence over and over you only see it the first time.

Top Bottom