• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

A few thoughts

Everyone on the Twinstar know "World" as their channel. If you name it "Worldwide" you will avoid a problem when Czech player come on the Kronos and write in the "World" channel in czech.

Pardon my french, but f**k that player. There has to be NO question about the official language on Kronos and there has to be NO question about its international status. Or do you really want to experience it all over again? The czsk community WILL NOT, I repeat, WILL NOT be enough for Kronos to thrive, or even survive. We've already seen the proof of that. You/We need an international player base. And if you want the foreigners to feel welcome, they have to feel equal to other players. Making excuses and adapting to the minority that won't accept english is not the way to establish equality.

I don't know about others, but to me, anything with "world" in it just evokes some kind of official, or semi-official, global channel. A small international community (~200 online players for each faction if we're extremely lucky) just can't afford to further divide its communication into two such channels. This town ain't big enough for both languages:)

I'm not saying that Franta can't create his own channel and chat with Honza and Pepa about pivo, hokej and knedlo vepro zelo. I'm just saying it shouldn't be supported, or, God forbid, made official and advertised through system messages.

I can only judge from alliance side, it never really was a problem for us. Some spoke only czech, fine. We had enought translaters in guild to manage that.
On a german server before it was the same with germans. Its not as bad as you describe it was and I highly doubt it will even be a small issue here.
Kronos community will consists of maybe 20% czech, if at all.

I can only judge from alliance side, it never really was a problem for us. Some spoke only czech, fine. We had enought translaters in guild to manage that.
On a german server before it was the same with germans. Its not as bad as you describe it was and I highly doubt it will even be a small issue here.
Kronos community will consists of maybe 20% czech, if at all.

Can confirm that this was an almost no existent issue on horde side too. There was the occasional moment here and there but that was usually new Czech players that didn't know about the alternative channel.

As LHarts said, it's highly unlikely that Czech's will make up a significant portion of the population this time round, so I wouldn't over think it -- and even if there is a small Czech community on one of the factions, who cares? The constant criticism they're getting is unnecessary and doesn't reflect the true state of the Kronos I know.

It's not going to be an issue, so I don't see why it needs to keep being raised.

Ihmo, tish is the most friedly comunity iave ver seen...it would not be problem....:whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

btw i tried yday few *top* servers, but i have to log out, it was terrible, even in starting areas it was buggfest, wlock pet just dissmised, didnt follow, pathfinding was one big comedy...cant w8 for Kronos :)

I am also checking out all the competitors atm. Is just sad...
And the worst part about it is, the community there mostly isn't even aware what they are missing out on :)

Again a few thoughts.

I want to show my POV about the leveling rates:
Imho 3x rates are the best compromise for both sides. The type of players who like to enjoy every bit of the questing and instance zones. With 3x rates they won't need to skip to much quests before hitting 60 and doing instances before will give them enough reward to leave them satisfied and not to think about them as a waste of time considering xp/hr is it is on most highrate servers. Low instances are sadly dead on most 4x+ rate servers.

On the other hand you got the type of player who wants to be 60 asap. They won't be forced to change the questing zones after a bare handful of quest in each zone, what was definitely the most painful part of leveling in classic wow after release and still was at 1.12. Doing 3-5 quest on one end at the word and trevel 20 mins to do the same amount was really anoying.
When the leveling rates are to low you will distract a certain amount of players. Even when this server is way better then every other around they won't invest to much time in leveling again.

Another point I want to adress is the impact of old characters.
Afaik they should return after a few weeks when Nefarian is killed for the first time.
This is way to early! I will show you a scenario to explain why:
Depending on luck the most competitive raids will got ONE full t2 tank at this time, when old charakters are unlocked at this moment they will get access to more then just one full t2 tank what makes raiding much more comfortable. And raids who don't have killed Nefarian at this time will get an even larger boost on their equipment. This is no gamebreaker at all, but will lead to an unattractive situation.
To weaken the whole situation you got only few options. One could be to to unlock the old characters after the C'Thun kill. Then a good amount of the competitive raids has set their foot into AQ40, the t2 content is still strong but the invading amount of characters won't generate such a huge advantage as it would be after the Nefarian kill. Another would be to hardreset the server at all, and never unlock the characters.
In addition to this i would strongly recommend to never unlock bank alts, especially guildbanks.
The amount of high value materials like arcanite bars, elementium ore, lava/fiery core will harm the whole economy for at least one/two months. Not to talk about possible dupes (something that always can happen, and not savely observed)..
All in all i would recommend to send out an email with an poll to ask the community and old players if they want their old characters back. This don't has to happen in a hurry, better let the poll open for at least two till four weeks, to get enough feedback to be sure, not to displease your own community.

At last something not so harsh. The beautiful showcases!
At the moment the showcases are our best advertising. So i want to add a few thoughts about possible future issues.
The Scepter of the Shifting Sands questline!!!!
This is the most amazing questline ever happend in whole wow, i got the honor to host the questline with my guild on Ysera EU. And most people done the questline will sign this, and even the once who just know about it think they missed something really great!
A whole showcase at some time will adress alot of players who missed the questline and may even retail players who want to enjoy it. But enough of all the hype for the questline. The great question is how to represent the whole event?! Best way would be to test everything with enough people on the testserver and show the event from this (test-)server! No old footage, just own material! This would be really awesome and i guess it would impress alot of people! But it would be alot extra work for the whole team. But it would also secure a smooth event then the server would be live... Okay i guess its still something we can talk about in the future.
Another thing that comes to my mind are the instances! They got so much attention by the DEVs so it would be a waste to not show the workling events or even the scripted details like the npc spawns in AB from the last showcase. So why not show something awesome scripted from every instance started by RFC. In every showcase you can show 2-4 instance depending on the amount of unique things.

I'm almost sorry for everyone who read this whole text ;)
But if you did, please share your opinion.

Hey,
I come from an highly german populated server which became a few months ago international because of some kind of server merging, but as fast as this international community came, its vanished. Why?? Because they simply didnt felt accepted and welcome at any point (Except of the team trying their best to have an english support aswell). Nearly every german player refused to give english support, for example if someone asked something in the world channel or even if some internationals wanted to be part of a raid group, they werent invited because they were afraid of any problems being caused by the lenguage. The end of this song was an dividing and vanishing pissed community.
That is why i think that english should be the main language and the team should do their best to keep it english. I dont want that such an awesome project must be aborted after a few months because the community refused to accept english as the main server language. It would just make many player sad because they waited for such a long time for this project to be released.

Okay now regarding to Zed's thought:
Leveling rates should be able to be choosed between 1 and 2 - 3. But i still think that 3 could be a bit too much, because i love leveling and do instances at low level as well, so 3x could be a bit gamebreaking. Also to do only 1x is not an option at least at the beginning of this project because of the low population. I'd like to discuss this a bit more.

Old characters... yeeeeah. I can understand that everyone who invested such a long time in a character on this server wants to have the character back, but even if the team choosed to invent some kind of system to release only "correct" characters, it would be to much work and anyway not an likely way, because it would only break everything and people would complain about "guld xy has now a fully equipt tank and 1 billion arcanite bars...". I think we both meet at this point that this would just cause many problems.
My thought is if everyone just started a new character and gets his own back in x time, would the char be necessary at this point?? I dont think so
I've never played on this server but i played on a server where the char db got accidentally deleted 3 times and every player (around 3k) had to begin once again. Yeah, it was sad, yeah everyone cryed a lot, but they didnt quit the server because it was just awesome to play there.

At the third point you are totally right and to show the questline would be epic, because its epic, i love this questline !! *-*

Last edited:
Hello, folks.

Always nice to see some constructive threads going on, uplifts the whole project and its reputation.

All of the concerns here are valid and all, but the one question that bothers me the most (and should probably everyone else), will this project launch before CC does? I know those are not the same expansions and all, but...

I play/played on several servers, mostly 1.12.1. And I can tell you (something many of you already know), everyone talks about just one thing. Guildies, pug raid members, pug party groups, when mentioning other servers, only one stands out. The problem here is, it is close to being completed and released, ongoing beta tests, a couple of months at most.

Will Kronos release prior to that? Because releasing the server shortly (a month, two, etc) after they do.. will end up being a barren wasteland. Considering there has never been almost a bug-free wow server (don't kid yourselves, there will be bugs), most will at least try it and a good deal will stay if satisfied.

Last edited:
Hello, folks.

Always nice to see some constructive threads going on, uplifts the whole project and its reputation.

All of the concerns here are valid and all, but the one question that bothers me the most (and should probably everyone else), will this project launch before CC does? I know those are not the same expansions and all, but...

I play/played on several servers, mostly 1.12.1. And I can tell you (something many of you already know), everyone talks about just one thing. Guildies, pug raid members, pug party groups, when mentioning other servers, only one stands out. The problem here is, it is close to being completed and released, ongoing beta tests, a couple of months at most.

Will Kronos release prior to that? Because releasing the server shortly (a month, two, etc) after they do.. will end up being a barren wasteland. Considering there has never been almost a bug-free wow server (don't kid yourselves, there will be bugs), most will at least try it and a good deal will stay if satisfied.

"CC" ?

He is mentioning Corecraft...

I haven't checked Corecraft for some time now but is there even a release date yet?

Oh, never heard of that server before. Also @ Grimlocke : I don't think those guys will be a problem and I even doubt they will be successful since there is already a blizzlike 2.4.3 server which runs almost flawlessly, that people know about for like 6 years.

Oh, never heard of that server before. Also @ Grimlocke : I don't think those guys will be a problem and I even doubt they will be successful since there is already a blizzlike 2.4.3 server which runs almost flawlessly, that people know about for like 6 years.

Tbc was wonderful and all, but I find myself being more of a vanilla player. It's kinda disturbing when everywhere you go, everyone talks about CC. I believe they will be more then successful, considering they already have over a thousand active accounts from devoted followers, half that amount in demographics, tests and stuff, and that is just people who follow the progress.

What would be a good move imo, is for Kronos to launch before they do, so it manages to capture hearts and souls of a good amount of people and keep them playing here for longer. Launching after, regardless of different expansions, not a particulary great idea imo.

Anyway, 6 year old 2.4.3 server which runs flawlessly? Care to pm me the name? I have an idea of two, but both are pay-to-win so no point playing.

Last edited:
I am also checking out all the competitors atm. Is just sad...
And the worst part about it is, the community there mostly isn't even aware what they are missing out on :)
they have 10x xp rate, 3x gold rate, and the most important, they have friends there

Twinstar just recently experienced this players' tendency in full effect. They created a new realm with their excellent WotLK core and allowed character transfers for the first time in twinstar's history. Free transfers of complete characters from other WotLK servers to this new realm. The idea was, that people will welcome the opportunity to play on a less buggy realm and the extent of this transfer and its price were supposed to counter the two most common excuses for players to stick with their (worse) original server.
They transferred more than 13000 characters to this realm. That was in the beginning of 2014. Now, that realm is dead because of low population...

They simply didnt felt accepted and welcome at any point (Except of the team trying their best to have an english support aswell). Nearly every german player refused to give english support, for example if someone asked something in the world channel or even if some internationals wanted to be part of a raid group, they werent invited because they were afraid of any problems being caused by the lenguage. The end of this song was an dividing and vanishing pissed community.
That is why i think that english should be the main language and the team should do their best to keep it english. I dont want that such an awesome project must be aborted after a few months because the community refused to accept english as the main server language. It would just make many player sad because they waited for such a long time for this project to be released.
This is exactly why I think any kind of (even semi-)official czechoslovak channel is a bad idea. Any kind of exceptions, or addaptation to the czechoslovak community is a bad idea. All that does is acknowledge that the realm isn't really international, and it provides the support for players to differentiate between themselves. May very well lead to "cz/sk only" PuGs, or even guilds. AGAIN.
Bad idea.

How could anyone never heard about of cc? :w00t:
Never heard of corecraft either. And I'm not exactly new at this wow thing:D
I'm gonna trust you guys when you say that a TBC server launching is a problem, but myself I just don't see it. Sure, maybe I'd be eager to check some new server out if there's great hype for it. But, being a vanilla player(which is Kronos' target audience), first of all I'd need to download a TBC client, which in itself would probably be a deal-breaker. Secondly, being a vanilla player, I wouldn't even be that hyped for a TBC realm. I mean, alliance shamans?? horde paladins??? falling to death from those damned flying mounts? fucking Mount Hyjal trash for the eightbillionth time??? Screw that!:D
I just think that a vanilla player wouldn't want to play TBC and vice versa. But I may be wrong.

Twinstar just recently experienced this players' tendency in full effect. They created a new realm with their excellent WotLK core and allowed character transfers for the first time in twinstar's history. Free transfers of complete characters from other WotLK servers to this new realm. The idea was, that people will welcome the opportunity to play on a less buggy realm and the extent of this transfer and its price were supposed to counter the two most common excuses for players to stick with their (worse) original server.
They transferred more than 13000 characters to this realm. That was in the beginning of 2014. Now, that realm is dead because of low population...

This is exactly why I think any kind of (even semi-)official czechoslovak channel is a bad idea. Any kind of exceptions, or addaptation to the czechoslovak community is a bad idea. All that does is acknowledge that the realm isn't really international, and it provides the support for players to differentiate between themselves. May very well lead to "cz/sk only" PuGs, or even guilds. AGAIN.
Bad idea.

Never heard of corecraft either. And I'm not exactly new at this wow thing:D
I'm gonna trust you guys when you say that a TBC server launching is a problem, but myself I just don't see it. Sure, maybe I'd be eager to check some new server out if there's great hype for it. But, being a vanilla player(which is Kronos' target audience), first of all I'd need to download a TBC client, which in itself would probably be a deal-breaker. Secondly, being a vanilla player, I wouldn't even be that hyped for a TBC realm. I mean, alliance shamans?? horde paladins??? falling to death from those damned flying mounts? fucking Mount Hyjal trash for the eightbillionth time??? Screw that!:D
I just think that a vanilla player wouldn't want to play TBC and vice versa. But I may be wrong.
Yes. U are wrong. U can check their forums and endless discussions which realm is better "while waiting for CC". Alot of vanilla realms mentioned there..

Hello, can you block Worldchannel by banning the Channel "World" ? People should go for LFG Channel.

The World Channel is custom and people are used to it so much that Admins has to block it. Bring the old feelings back! Lets use LFG Channel.

Isn't world a player made channel, though? If you ban world, people will create another channel with a different name and join that instead. The demand clearly exists, I don't see why you would ban it.

On a larger scale you still have to apply some rules regarding world channel.
Restrict it to lvl 20, only 1 post every minute -> and so on.

Don't overreact plx, I just made some suggestions :)

restriction by lvl si good suggestion, but dont forget that on free server is world something like barrens chat :lol: dont ruin it:lol:

Like I said, its only suggestions.
If you can only chat every 1 minute 1 time then its even okay if you are allowed to chat at level 5.
As long as random level 1 alts shut their face :)

Top Bottom