• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Other A good small group PvP support class?

Nelsha

Authorized
Hi guys,

I'm currently thinking about playing a support class both in PvP and PvE. I'd like to be able to provide the backbone for DPSers to do their job.

I'm looking at Disc Priest, Resto Druid, Resto Sham, Holy/Prot Pala.

I'm looking for survivability, durability (not ooming after 3 heals), support (good heals, dispel, CC, odd finisher here and there).

Out of these classes which one would you rather have healbotting/supporting you in BG group/skirmish open world pvp?

So far I'm leaning towards Priest as the CC is good, the heals are good, they have dispel etc. but palas look nice too and I know zilch on resto shams and very little on druids.

Opinions?

If ally, then pala, if horde - sham. Cause imo, pala best support healer in pvp. From horde side sham not the best, but for years of playing on horde side, 90% of shamans i've met was enh shamans or ele which never heal some1 except themselves, so i'd prefer them as horde (esp as warrior).

Pallys are crazy, and pretty fun. I never liked priest on vanilla since no swd:death. You get easily cced and singled by rogues not to mention viper sting. Oh I hate viper sting

If I had to chose between 1 of them I'd go with priest any time of the day.
Solo healer as a paladin you won't have any fun at all. Getting spell locked on holy makes you completely useless for 6-10 seconds. Priests at least still have their disci talents.

Played warrior with all sorts of healers on my back and also as a healer on a warriors back. Priest is by far the best for this if you are alone.
As soon as there is a priest or druid arround I would go paladin.

-> solo, Priest
-> more then 1 healer, Paladin

Same as what Lharts said, having your disc spells when your holy spells are locked is a great thing.

For me when it comes to PvP I'd personally have a slight preference for Druids.
But thats only because I feel asthough Stealth, Pounce, Sprint, Bearform, Bash, Travelform, Entangling Roots, Innervate and Combat Ress just to name a few really come in handy in PvP and is more my kind of playstyle.
Besides you can move very very swiftly from one place to the next as opposed to being a mushroom.
And you can shapeshift out of slows etc.

Paladin is good too but I dont like the fact you gotta stand still and cast 99% of your heals.
Shaman same thing.

Druid has a lot of variety so I personally would go for Druid.
If you dont like that, Priest for sure.

If not that, then I'd say Paladin just because I have a trauma of being Resto Shaman when I wanted to be Enhancement; and Paladin Armor Sets are just sexy.

I'm currently leaning towards Priest/Druid indeed. Raided boomkin in BC/wotlk but not much experience healing.

I do like mobility and I'm a little bit scared Priests can have low survivability while I learn good positioning... have only played one up to the 30-39 bracket in Vanilla. Liked it but I went OOM quite quick and dropped easily when people started to notice me.

Druids can somewhat heal on the run so that's a major advantage in my book.

That being said I do, for a change of pace, want to be able to throw some damage here and there when I feel like it and my guess is SPriest is more viable than Moonkin for that.

I'm currently leaning towards Priest/Druid indeed. Raided boomkin in BC/wotlk but not much experience healing.

I do like mobility and I'm a little bit scared Priests can have low survivability while I learn good positioning... have only played one up to the 30-39 bracket in Vanilla. Liked it but I went OOM quite quick and dropped easily when people started to notice me.

Druids can somewhat heal on the run so that's a major advantage in my book.

That being said I do, for a change of pace, want to be able to throw some damage here and there when I feel like it and my guess is SPriest is more viable than Moonkin for that.

SPriest > Moonkin
yes

But I gotta say that Feral Druid (putting aside a major personal pet peeve I have with Druids) are awesome.
And very very good if played and geared correctly. I would recommend Night Elf.
Thats on Druids though.

As far a Priest; I am currently planning on rolling Warlock and I will be joined by my Shadow Priest friend.
Just cause they have good synergy together and we will be PvPing 24/7 together.
Shadow Priest can be very good, so its just a matter of what you like better.

But Moonkin is out of the question I would say, but thats just me.

But I gotta say that Feral Druid (putting aside a major personal pet peeve I have with Druids) are awesome.
And very very good if played and geared correctly. I would recommend Night Elf..

Played feral on the previous kronos, can confirm they are really good and dont really have a counter. BUT I quickly became bored of him and made a rogue, because every fight is drawn out, you dont have near the same burst/assasination potential. All about the Gouge+Death ray into Cold Blood+Evis 1 shot sequence. Deleting people is too addicting

Any comments on Resto Shams? Are they easily shut down?

Also looking for more info from Priest players: private servers usually have melees very geared after a couple of months/years; how do you survive when every rogue/war is in T2/T3 gear? Would pallys scale better at these gear levels?

how do you survive when every rogue/war is in T2/T3 gear?

You dont, and they dont need t2 to farm you. As pally youre screwed too, you might last a bit more, but you have only 1 instant on 30s cooldown I believe.

No idea about Rshams, but since no instants, should be same as pally with a bit less armor

So basically what' are the options for PvP support? DPS classes with support skills?

RShams would have nature swiftness + healing wave. No dispels though.

Last edited:
So basically what' are the options for PvP support? DPS classes with support skills?

RShams would have nature swiftness + healing wave. No dispels though.

- Shamans definitly do have dispells:
Purge
Cleanse Poison
Cleanse Poison Totem (pulse)
Cleanse Disease
Cleanse Disease Totem (pulse)

Natures Swiftness is a very nice talent but you will be casting 95% of the time.
Just like Paladin.
But with Paladin you have the "safety" of Concentration Aura to avoid Interruption and Silence, especially if you spec Aura Mastery. Also don't forget about Blessing of Prot. on team mates and Bubble for yourself.

So once again, imo the best support class is Resto Druid.
Closely followed by Priest, then Pally, then Shaman.
If were talking about PvP.

Also looking for more info from Priest players: private servers usually have melees very geared after a couple of months/years; how do you survive when every rogue/war is in T2/T3 gear? Would pallys scale better at these gear levels?
Priest does fairly well vs warriors if similar gear as shield stops rage generation and if you have imp shadow range you can't get charged if you pay attention.
Rogue is a little harder as they just kill you if they catch you pants down with low hp/no shield, but in group play there should be some cc available.

Oh and imo being unccable, unkillable and being able to dispel pretty much everything while having blessing of freedom as well makes paladin the strongest no doubt.

Last edited:
Top Bottom