• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Ab rep lowered why?

fusar

Last time I did AB a month or so ago it was 40 rep a tick.Today it is 10 rep a tick.Why the change?

Posted it in the bug forums may be unintentional, but appears AB is dead again. So probably won't know if it's fixed until tomorrow.

10 rep is blizzlike
they increased rep gain when pvp scene was at a low back in february or so (when it was just k1 and nost was still up) to create incentive for ppl to pvp
neither server is lacking people to pvp now so the change should have been obsolete for a while now, it's served its purpose and it is no longer needed

to be honest, 40 was way too much anyway, ppl getting exalted in 1 weekend is pretty lame considering this was one of the tougher grinds in vanilla

Naw 40 rep lines up with 1.12.1 as the increased rep gains were introduced with aq40 i believe.10 rep was the original rep gains before the increase.If we have all of the 1.12.1 gear we should also have the rep increases.And there is not enough people pvp'n atm all that is run is av.I'ts Ab weekend and the queues are 40 minutes.

10 rep is blizzlike
they increased rep gain when pvp scene was at a low back in february or so (when it was just k1 and nost was still up) to create incentive for ppl to pvp
neither server is lacking people to pvp now so the change should have been obsolete for a while now, it's served its purpose and it is no longer needed

to be honest, 40 was way too much anyway, ppl getting exalted in 1 weekend is pretty lame considering this was one of the tougher grinds in vanilla
While true on K1 it's a big problem for K2, we have (during AB weekend) maybe 1 ab going at a time. Seriously struggling to keep 1 Arathi Basin open during it's weekend. At 10 rep gain you better be European if you ever want to get out of neutral.

I just went looking through the archive of wowwiki and found this:

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Arathi_Basin?oldid=275220

It is the AB wowwiki page from 6th october 2006 (11 days after 1.12.1 was released). If i may point you towards "Quests, reputition and other rewards":

"Reputation rewards
Collecting multiples of 200 resources (at 200, 400, 600, ...) = 10 rep (total 100 rep if you win)
Control Four Bases Quest = 800 rep
Win an AB Quest = 50 rep
Turn in For Great Honor (Horde) / Concerted Efforts (Alliance) = 150 rep

On the Battlegrounds Holiday weekend for Arathi Basin, the Reputation rewards are:

Collecting multiples of 150 resources (at 150, 300, 450, ...) = 10 rep (total 130 rep if you win)
"

As it is right now, reputition still ticks per 200 resources, same as honor which makes a AB weekend win only yield 100 rep instead of 130.

Correct way should be:

Non-AB-weekend:
Honor ticks per 330 resources
Rep ticks per 200 resources

AB-weeked:
Honor ticks per 200 resources
Rep ticks per 150 resources.

This post is probably more suited in the bugtracker but i cba posting anything there untill devs have done something to fix PVP on K2.

Yeah but the problem on K2 isn't solved or broken by changing the rep gain. You could get 100rep per tick and people still wouldnt play AB. You could reduce rep gain in AV and ppl would still play AV. I get that it may seem that reducing (or rather reverting) ab rep gain seems like creating even less incentive to play AB over AV but at the end of the day that is not the core of the issue, it's about honor gain and this is already extensively discusses in the other thread.
this change is fine as far as i'm concerned

here is a video from vanilla https://youtu.be/FLEhudSh51U?t=6m22s if you pause it and look at his comat log you will see he gained 30 rep for a tick?I believe its 30 from the other 3's in the time stamps.Either way it is definetly more than 10 rep for that tick.This should be the correct rep from when rep was significantly raised in patch 1.10.

here is a video from vanilla https://youtu.be/FLEhudSh51U?t=6m22s if you pause it and look at his comat log you will see he gained 30 rep for a tick?I believe its 30 from the other 3's in the time stamps.Either way it is definetly more than 10 rep for that tick.This should be the correct rep from when rep was significantly raised in patch 1.10.

That video is from pre 1.10, as he is using double trinkets which was nerfed in 1.10 (http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Patch_1.10.0)

And if you check the Arathi Basin wowwiki page i linked a few posts up, which was the active page from 1.12.1 then you will se that AB rep was 10 per tick.

It seems they reworked the AB rep gain somewhere before 1.12.1, sadly my memory is too foggy to know when.

Edit: Maybe they increased the amount of ticks but lowered the amount in 1.10 during the "significant rep increase".

Last edited:
why you decide that this page refers to actual info in few days after 1.12? info on this page can be outdated

On the top right of every wowwiki page there is a yellow button named Edit, if you press the arrow next to it you can choose History and see older versions of that same page. This is used on wiki-pages to keep track of changes that are made so that you can revert false additions.

The link i posted is to how the page looked on the 6th of october 2006. Patch 1.12.1 was launched on the 26th of september 2006.

Please push up the rep a lil bit, would get some AB goin instead of all the AVs, and wont take for ever to get some gear but still long enough for the good stuff.

so why you decide that article written at 6th of october refers to most recent info?

september 14 http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Arathi_Basin?direction=prev&oldid=246336
10 rep per tick

september 6 http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Arathi_Basin?direction=prev&oldid=244509
10 rep per tick

We are currently playing 1.12.1, which was released on the 26th of september. The first edit to the AB page after that is 6th of october.

And i am also saying that its 10 rep per tick.

We are currently playing 1.12.1, which was released on the 26th of september. The first edit to the AB page after that is 6th of october.

So what was the rep before patch 1.10 did this?

my suggestion - that this article shows wrong numbers for reputation, because that part wasnt update with the latest changes. so some info on that page is actual, but reputation part is outdated

So what was the rep before patch 1.10 did this?

My theory is that AB rep was higher per tick, but there was way fewer ticks.

In after 1.10 we have 10 rep per 200 resources (per 150 resources during AB weekend).

Maybe before 1.10 we had for example 30 rep per 667 resources, which would result in 90 rep per 2000 resources while we would gain 100 rep per 2000 in 1.12.

Top Bottom