• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Add a MAC client to the main website

jorim

A topic that often reoccurs is people asking for a mac client. Steve Jobs made these things popular, half of the people I know have Macs.

Wouldn't it be useful then to add a mac client to the connection guide? Afaik no other server offers this for vanilla so it might be useful to be the first to do this.

While I'm on the subject of clients, I have been seeding the windows client for a couple of weeks now and I wonder why it has DHT disabled? There is only 1 private tracker you can connect to and it sometimes refuses connection for couple of days in a row (it is happening right now, so you can check if it is a general problem or only for me). Which makes it impossible to download for anyone.

Thanks

Last edited:
Jorim, I can't tell you exactly why a Mac client wasn't added there, but I guess it had its own reasons.

In my opinion the demand is so small that it might does not worth the effort. Anyway, as I said I don't know,
This may change in the future, however.

Jorim, I can't tell you exactly why a Mac client wasn't added there, but I guess it had its own reasons.

In my opinion the demand is so small that it might does not worth the effort. Anyway, as I said I don't know,
This may change in the future, however.

It would definitely be in your best interest to add a Mac client. Population is a huge factor in the success of this realm and I think it would make most sense if you made the installation and login process as non-prohibitive as possible. I for one know at least one person who wants to play regularly and has a Mac. Also I can't find a seeded Mac client anywhere and I could use some help finding one :biggrin:

It would definitely be in your best interest to add a Mac client. Population is a huge factor in the success of this realm and I think it would make most sense if you made the installation and login process as non-prohibitive as possible. I for one know at least one person who wants to play regularly and has a Mac. Also I can't find a seeded Mac client anywhere and I could use some help finding one :biggrin:

Maybe the problem is that very few people has 1.12.1 client for MAC, since Macs were kinda rare back then. However, I don't know.

We will try to resolve this as soon as possible.

Top Bottom