• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Addon Advice

Gerelos

I haven't played WoW with addons in years, and I certainly wasn't advanced enough to have used addons during vanilla.

Can anyone recommend some good 1.12.1 addons?

I think the most important would be a good dps meter, and a good threat meter.

Thanks!

KTM for threat
Recount for damage (maybe recap, I mixed those up all the time)

I was able to find Recap for the damage meter, but couldn't find KTM for 1.12.1. Instead, I found KLH Threat Meter, and it seems to work about the same as what I remember KTM doing. Thanks for the help Lharts!

And if anyone has any other addons they can't live without, please tell me about it. I'd love to check some out!

Last edited:
It widely depends on your class and spec. You could tell us that. Any "must have" addons I can think of regardless of your class would be bigwigs or some other bossmod and perhaps KTM.

Oh, good point. Well, I intend on playing each class, but I think I'll focus on getting a retribution paladin to 60 first.

I don't intend on raiding much, but I will be running 5- and 10-mans quite a bit.

And I'll probably focus on my frost mage after my paladin.

Since posting, I've messed around with Atlas and AtlasLoot, and they seem pretty helpful. It provides maps of dungeons that include boss locations, and the -Loot portion of it allows you to see boss loot tables and drop percentages. Can anyone else endorse them? Or are there any mods that do the same job better?

Also, what does bigwigs do?

It announces boss fight phases. When boss is going to use ability. Who is targeted with spell. Etc. It's a raid addon.

For paladin I would recommend pallypower. It adds a small movable frame which shows every person in group you have casted blessing. With it you should easily rebuff party members. It also announces when blessings run out and you should be able to coordinate with other palas because it shows their blessings too. Or so I'm to believe, my last char was paladin, but the addon was conflicting with something other I had so I had to take the harder way and hotkey my buffs and just count time. :smile:

I use shittons of addons, but aside the ones I mentioned there is only a few crucial ones to me for healing.

I would advice wait till the server is released and then just play. Something I've found myself doing was just playing and then thinking "hmm, I wonder if there's an addon for doing this thing or making this other thing more faster or less burdersome or more informative" and then google.

Alright, I've added bigwigs and pallypower; it sounds like they should be very helpful in the dungeon runs.

Also checked out those addons you mentioned, Jorim. They look interesting, and I'll be sure to try them out once I get a character to 60!

Thanks for the input guys!

If you want to know what I use, feel free to PM me and I can tell you a list of lots of the addons you may not have heard of but will be very glad to have :)

Top Bottom