• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

[AddOn] Aux - Enhanced Auction House Interface

Hey,
great that you found your way here as well.
So, Im not sure If I have an old version or not, but when I sell something I get a small lagspike with your addon enabled.
Also could you add an option like in the old version where I can see the price per item as well. Always have to calculate it myself, which is a bit bothersome :>

cheers!

It tells you the version upon login/ui reload. 2.11.3 is the newest.
In case it still happens with the newest version; what do you mean exactly by "sell"?

To see the prices per item (in the search, auctions and bids tabs) you have to rightclick one of the price column headers. Usually the percentage gives you the same information though and it's safer to use the stack size (I once accidentally bought a stack of exploding shot for like 50g because I was looking at the unit price and didn't realize it's a 200 stack xD.

Last edited:
just tried the newest version. It still lags when I sell an item.
By selling I mean opening the vendor window and rightclicking an item in order to sell it.

cheers!

just tried the newest version. It still lags when I sell an item.
By selling I mean opening the vendor window and rightclicking an item in order to sell it.

cheers!

Hm, I see a very small spike too but it's almost not noticable. Don't think it's a bug or anything, just Aux' vendor buy/sell price scanning. Maybe it's worse for vendors which have tons of goods. Maybe I can do some small optimizations, will have to look at it closer when I have time.

In case you have imported the informant database as described in the main post or simply don't care about the vendor prices in the tooltip or the below vendor price search filter you could just quote out the event listeners in the on_load function of the cache.lua file to disable it.

I didnt import the informant database. Guess I didnt read it :blushing:
But I am using an auto sell addon, which means that I have a slide show upon selling stuff^^
Maybe you could work with metatables or some other method of caching, or do you have to scan the vendor each time sth is sold?

cheers!

Oh, yeah, I never thought about what would happen with automated selling :/

Currently it's set to do a fresh scan on every bag update and vendor update event.
The bag update is "necessary" because otherwise it wouldn't cache the sell price of a newly bought item without having to close and reopen the vendor window. The vendor update (as opposed to vendor show or whatever there is that only fires once when visiting a vendor) is necessary because initially vendor itemlinks of uncached items are nil and then another update fires once they're loaded into the wdb.

Skipping items that are already known might improve it a little but not too much and comes with another issue: Prices may change with your rep and pvp rank and some vendors sell the same item in limited quantity that others sell in unlimited quantity. I have some rules which of those it should prefer. I think unlimited always overwrites limited and for the price the minimum is taken, except when the smaller one is limited and the larger unlimited.

The problem is I'm not sure if you can distinguish easily between those events firing when selling something and other cases. I'll have to think on it a bit.

Hmm,
so normally I dont have lags, when I move items that should trigger an bag update as well, so maybe you have some events that fire several times at the vendor. Maybe the bag event fires twice or even more when you sell an item there and therefore it causes lag because of several executions. Maybe you could skip one.

Also this vendor_update, it is just required if you buy an item right? So why dont you replace this vendor update with an hook of this rightclick buy function, to not cause lag while selling stuff. Because I think this vendor update and bag update might be this double triggering.

Also see if you can improve the caching loop, because it does seem to take a lot of ressources. Maybe you could tell me in which file you have this loop so I could look over it. With DPSMate I had to research a lot about performance improvement, so maybe I can find something.

cheers!

It scans twice when selling something. Once for the bag update and once for the vendor update. Even if I could prevent one I don't think that would be enough to solve the autosell issue.

The vendor update is the most important one, used for both buy and sell scanning. It's used to detect when you visit a vendor and in case some of his goods aren't in your wdb then also for the following update once they're cached.

The bag update on the other hand like I said is only used for the corner case where you buy something from the vendor. This doesn't cause a vendor update and so you would otherwise have to revisit the vendor for scanning its sell price (because that only works for items in your inventory).

Everything related to this is in the cache.lua file.

Last edited:
Edit2:
Just realized that it was the wrong file. Will edit it again once I found the correct file.

Edit:
I feel like offending you, which is not my intention, sorry for that. As you can see I am one of the countless clueless user of your wonderful addon and this is something really annoying in my opinion but it would be a shame not to be able to use your feature without having those lagspikes.

cheers!

Edit3:
I think the UseContainerItem function is called to sell items when the trade window is open. Maybe you could hook that, in order to reduce lag. Also then you can make a small skip function for the bag update, like skip next bagupdate with a simple bool.

I dont think that it will lag for the autosell, since the client is just lagging if you have to heavy loops after another in a short time. A light loop should be executable a few times after each other.

Last edited:
I feel like offending you, which is not my intention, sorry for that.

Not at all. Most of Aux' features wouldn't exist if it weren't for people asking for improvements :)

I think the UseContainerItem function is called to sell items when the trade window is open. Maybe you could hook that, in order to reduce lag. Also then you can make a small skip function for the bag update, like skip next bagupdate with a simple bool.
Actually it wouldn't need to be called at all when selling. Hooking such generic functions is a very delicate affair though and I'll have to experiment and test a lot before I do that. There's always some weird corner cases. What if an item can't be sold for example. Then maybe it doesn't trigger a bag update and the skipping would skip some other bag update that's needed and cause a weird bug etc. I remember when I accidentally bugged the rightclick on playernames in chat by hooking SetItemRef for searching links by rightclick xD who on earth would expect rightclicking chat names to call SetItemRef on a weird "player:name" link :/.

Haha, I had some similiar experience when hooking CastSpell, CastSpellByName and UseAction, I couldnt cast anything anymore and caused memory errors :p<br>But I fixed it and now it works fine^^ Well, I guess you will find some way to improve this, you already managed to create the addon, so this shouldnt be a problem.<br><br>cheers!

I made a first improvement. There will now only be one scan and only for sell prices when you sell an item. Could you check if this has acceptable performance with your autosell addon?

Basically now it's just the bag update left there. I tried only triggering a scan after an item has been bought but then I realized there are actually other cases, like e.g., looting a clam in your inventory, where another scan is needed. The next best option would be to like you suggested make selling ignore the next bag update. This isn't really a clean solution though because other automation (like e.g. a bag sorting addon off the top of my head) might still have performance issues because of the scans on bag updates. And also because of the issue I already mentioned, corner cases with items not being purchasable and all the possible error messages that would have to be caught and handled.

Bottom line is further optimizations would be less clean/much more complicated so if the performance is good enough like this I'd hope to be able to avoid them.

edit: figured out a nice way to optimize the bag update (scheduling a scan on the event for a few update cycles later and rescheduling if another event happens before)
Now there should be no performance issues with vendor scanning whatsoever ever again xD

Last edited:
I have two questions:

1) Did you develop this?
2) Is the default WoW GUI available or is there just the one displayed in the screens?

Cheers

I have two questions:

1) Did you develop this?
2) Is the default WoW GUI available or is there just the one displayed in the screens?

Cheers

Check the pics provided by Bit. You will see "Default UI" in the bottom right corner.

Using this addon since the release and all I can say is that Simon's github has been my homepage ever since.

Regards,

babichkata.

If by default gui you mean the same functionality with a different look then no. The problem with the default ui is that the textures are very specifically made for the exact layout of the default ah. They have weird holes in the texture for example where the buttons and other elements are

Ok so basically the default UI lets you use the ordinary AH without the features provided by Aux. I was wondering as I tend to dislike addons with a GUI too different-looking from the standard WoW one.

When providing no search input, aka scanning the entire auction house, it gives the following message:
Table full!
Further results from this search will be discarded.
I assume the table in question is the one displaying prices etc, so my questions is as follow:
Are all the search results, including indexing, discarded, or are they only not shown in the GUI? If so, is there a workaround?

Amazing addon btw!

With regard to scanning for the historical value they will still be considered. They just won't appear in the listing. If you need them to be in the listing (because you might want to buy them) there are two solutions. Either use the "clear" button to empty the listing and make space for new entries or use a more strict filter so you won't have more than 1000 results (which is the current limit for the table)

Hello Bit.
i have a question about older versions. Is it possible to download older version of Auctioner? On nostalrius forum i saw a topic where you posted downgraded version of Auctionator, but that version only had Sell button and no Buy button. Then later on there is a topic that show updated version with buy button too, but the download link direct me to your newest version on github. i have no problem with your new version of addon, but i prefer the old one as UI of TSM realy dont suit me and too much functions for me:laugh:.
I also tried to change Auctionator Wotlk interface version change to vanilla one to detect it, but it doesnt work and i also dont have knowledge about addon programming.

so i kindly ask for older version of Auctionator:blushing:

picture of older UI
http://i.imgur.com/0dLYOd6.png

Best regards

You're free to get any version you want from github (google for a git tutorial if you don't know how)

You'll have to find out which version is the one you want yourself though, and i will never offer support or bugfixes for old versions

Last edited:
Thanks for replay.
I didnt know you could download older versions on github. After some googling i learned how and now im using 1.4 version and this is exactly what i was looking for.

So thanks again.:smile:

thanks @greger

The newest version contains some changes to how edit boxes work. The text is no longer highlighted upon gaining focus. Instead you can now double click to highlight. Also fixed some subtle bugs with price coloring. Also recently a "favorite" button has been added to the saved searches subtab of the search tab which adds a query from the searchbox directly to the favorites rather than having to search and then moving it there from recent searches.

Last edited:
Thanks for replay.
I didnt know you could download older versions on github. After some googling i learned how and now im using 1.4 version and this is exactly what i was looking for.

So thanks again.:smile:

Hello! I just spent a lot of time searching for the latest version of Aux supporting the old UI and I thought I'd let you know that the latest available version supporting the default Blizzard UI is v1.6, not v1.4. Here is the link if you want to download it: https://github.com/shirsig/Aux-Addon/tree/1d6035a69a378254b3c881e12a24baf4bb981fb7 :smile:

Top Bottom