• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

[AddOn] Aux - Enhanced Auction House Interface

"All I generally wanted is selling gray drop and some useless white drop, with easy adding/removing."
then you want autoprofit
sells grays by default, /ap itemlink to add/remove an exception (exception meaning not sell if gray and sell if not gray)
checking the historical value wouldn't work anyway because junk tends to have inflated prices because no one seriously sells it on the ah but sometimes people put it on for tons of g.

Last edited:
For that I was using SellOMatic, sells all grey and you can add/remove items by link, but what I like about GarbageFu, when you are in dungeon or aoe grinding on mage and you almost ready to go, but your bags are full, garbage fu lets you drop most cheap items, so you can in couple click empty couple slots and be sure, that you dropped cheapest garbage.

What does it mean on an item that the seller is 1 like in the screenshot below. The 'bid' and 'buyout' button do not become available when you select them.

ojZnCpl.png

No idea, never seen that. Try the usual solutions: make sure you have a clean install of the newest version, delete the savedvariables, try disabling all other addons, are you playing on another server.

Confirming denial to bid on/buy items, until you redo search, and then magically can bid on/buy.
I refuse to remove saved vars until you do import vendor prices, manually cut-n-paste is no fun. ;(

Also would be really great if search history was saved separately for each character, I have several of them and they do search for really different stuff (different kind of crafting) and now my search list has grown into some monstrosity.

ps. Oh, yeah, 1 instead of name - I saw this too, but I thought this is name alias for auctions owner when you chose "do not scan owners".

Last edited:
if there's no owner it should display "---". I've never seen the "1". There are some reasons it won't let you bid which are valid and not always obvious (e.g., not enough gold, posted by an alt of yours) and I also think there's a server bug that does that sometimes. I also recently added a fix for a server bug where sometimes there are items where it says "0 charges" in the tooltip. Not sure what you mean by import but you would have to copy paste one way or another.

No, you could do 'aux extra' with all vendor prices, then if aux see this extra addon, it imports all vendor prices. Everyone is happy. =)

No idea, never seen that. Try the usual solutions: make sure you have a clean install of the newest version, delete the savedvariables, try disabling all other addons, are you playing on another server.

Make sure you have a clean install of the newest version: Check
Delete the saved variables: Check
Disable all other addons: Check
Server: Kronos II

This seems to have fixed he problem of the seller being '1'. Thankyou!

I want the selling price for items, what do I need to get from your saved variables, I could not find the 'vendor data' in it.

I can see

aux datasets:
aux items
aux item id's
aux auctionable items
aux merchant buy
aux merchant sell

Awesome addon and I love the fact that you support it

aux merchant sell

No, you could do 'aux extra' with all vendor prices, then if aux see this extra addon, it imports all vendor prices. Everyone is happy. =)

Aux doesn't really have to do anything. You can just make a small addon that writes the aux_merchant_sell savedvariable.

Hey Bit,
is it possible to add command to reset price history for particular items? Some smart ass puts one of d/e essences for crazy golds and now /bid-dis-profit getting crazy on shitty items.

Unless they keep doing this for a long time it shouldn't be a problem, and if they do resetting won't help anyway. The historical value is a median and you can have about 5 high outliers in your last 12 scan days that will be ignored.

and if you have some crap like refreshing spring water with a high price from one scan and never scan other auctions to bring it down i think it's better to add a not/refreshing spring water filter than resetting or it may just keep happening.

Last edited:
Aux will frequently get stuck on a search and I have to /reloadui. This will also happen with my Auctioneer scans (I am never able to finish the scan). Are these two addons compatible?

Hello, first time for me trying this addon which many many people recommended to me.

But I have this problem, what is it suppose to say on these buttons? (It's same on the other tabs too).

har6oXW.jpg

Attachments

• dsfasdghf.jpg
    dsfasdghf.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 7
The font is way too large. Not sure what could cause this. Try disabling other addons. Otherwise it might be something wrong with your client.

I am new to using AUX so please forgive me if these functions have been added already.

Would it be possible to add functions that are similar to auctionator and bottomfeeder?

Specifically, the auctionator function I want is the ability to put an item up for auction and AUX automatically sets the buyout price to atleast 1c less than the current lowest buyout of that item, if one is available.

As for bottomfeeder, I understand with filters I can get the same results as what bottomfeeder does, but I want the ability for AUX to auto buy/bid on the filter results. The reason is because, usually when I do a full scan I get a table error and than aux only displays half the results.

Since it seems I can use both auctionator and bottomfeeder along with AUX (kind of), its not a huge deal if these functions are added, but the current way I am doing it is not very efficient time wise.

Also would it be possible to import LootLinks or SellFish database into AUX, or someway to share/import vendor price data/etc with other AUX users on the server? That way if I had been using LootLink/SellFish for a while before using AUX I could import the data instead of having to wait for AUX to get all vendor prices etc again.

Last edited:
If you right click an entry in the favorite searches listing you get an option to activate automatic buyout for that filter (which is then shown as a red "A" to the left of the filter). If you're on the newest version and don't have a corrupted database you should never get an error when scanning.

I've talked about why I'm not gonna add the automatic undercut back several times. Basically, you can make huge profits by making smart choices when choosing the stack size and undercutting for both bid and buyout so it's just not worth it. The extra convenience is an illusion as you'll spend more time farming instead.

Since aux' vendor data is stored in a simple format in a global savedvariable you have always been able to easily import vendor data by writing a short macro for it. I provided scripts some time in the past for informant which can be found in the old thread in the nost forums or you can just copy the aux_merchant_ variables from this file to your savedvariables: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/shirsig/stuff/master/Aux-Addon.lua

Hello,

Sorry for the stupid question, I am very new to WoW, but how do you install/enable the addon? I downloaded zip file from the git page and put the 'aux-addon-master' folder into Wow/interface/addons but nothing happens when I check auction house ingame.

Thanks

Flint, make sure to delete the "-master" part of the folder's name.

Every addon's folder name should be exactly the same as the .toc file's name in its folder in order to appear in-game. Regards

anyone getting a wow error crash to desktop when posting? maybe is just me xD

edit: it crashes when I've done a load of auctions so I guess it is hitting max auction limit and crashing or something. So nevermind it's fine :)

Last edited:
Can you add the possibility to change skin with the default frames ? Never was a big fan of TSM frames in retail but adding the possibility to use default frames will be a good addition. Thanks for the addon really handy.

Top Bottom