• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

[AddOn] Aux - Enhanced Auction House Interface

Yeah, w/out Aux (or with 2 month old aux) everything works fine. Gonna try turn everything else off now and turn one by one until I find conflicting addons.

ps. Well, Aux alone works fine.

Feature request: return ability to post full stacks + last incomplete stack. I remember some time ago that was possible.
Also in posting tab clicks now not undercutting, but set exactly same price.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is undercutting fine for me. It makes your unit price so that your stack price is one copper less than what your stack price would be if you were using the unit price of the record you're undercutting.
The reason posting the incomplete stack was removed is partly that the method for undercutting i just described may give you different unit prices for different stack sizes and partly that it generally makes sense to undercut different auctions depending on the stack size you're using (like, if there's 1 auction size 1 with unit price 1g and 1 auction size 20 with unit price 50s then you probably want to undercut the 1g and not the 50s if you're also posting stacks of 1, even if it's higher)

al9hPmS.jpg
There. I just posted one more axe. Guess which is mine? (hint: the one with lower price :p )

ps. Also when I search for something and there a lot of such items, I double click into folded line to unfold and after this I can't buy or bid items. I have to rescan item again, only then I'm able to buy/bid.

Last edited:
Hm, I can't reproduce it. Note there's one exception, when you click your own auctions it won't undercut (wouldn't make sense). Is the price in the post tab already wrong or just after you've posted? Also never had the other issue myself. What do you mean by "a lot"? a thousand? and what does "can't buy or bid" mean exactly.

Yeah, when I click someone else's price in posting tab, it selects exactly same price.
A lot in this case at least several stacks. Can't buy/bit - buttons are gray out. After rescanning, they are available. Some additional info - sometimes it let me buy "selected" auction, but instead aux actually buy first of them.

eh very strange. have you tried disabling all other addons? are you sure you have a clean install of the newest version? do you have some sort of unusual client? playing on some other server?

If by clean you mean remove all saved variable aux related, yes. Client.. I got it from Nost site, when was playing on Nost, still same client.
Disabling all other addons would be disaster :D

PS. Ok, man, I guess that were problems on my side, I just cleaned up ALL saved vars on account, now it undercutting and letting me buy stacks instantly.

Last edited:
Hey Bit, one more question, where aux getting vendor prices? For a lot of items it only shows --- . I would love to remove Informant totally =))

It looks like it grabbing prices from vendors, any chance to import database from already existing addon?

Last edited:
Do you have a more up to date DB as this one is 3 months old. I guess it doesnt matter much.

Largeish interface upgrade (not much new functionality):
687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f6a486d477565492e706e67

The awkward search menu is gone. page range and real time/sniping settings were added to the search box. There is no more auto buy mode and the auto buy filter is now implemented as a separate column in the saved searches subtab (add and remove searches using alt-right-click). Also you can now right-click any editbox to clear its content.

Once you've set it for an item it's remembered. For items you haven't sold yet it can't be changed. You realize you're paying 3x as much deposit though right? Not worth taking the risk most of the time imo, especially as usually auctions will sell within 8 hours if they're priced right or not sell at all.

You don't need to copy the whole db, just the vendor data variable.

This actually helped :) . Also there is mystic /aux chars add command, what is it for? Future feature or I am missing something?

General vanilla addon development question: do you have good link for API and other stuff, digging into other addons helps a bit but it's going so slow and I have couple ideas for addons to write, but lack of documentation kills me.

API: (http://vanilla-wow.wikia.com/wiki/World_of_Warcraft_API)

framexml: (https://github.com/AtheneGenesis/Vanilla_enUS_FrameXML)

You can add/remove alts with chars add/remove. Doesn't do much but it will show auctions owned by those chars as owned by you in the listing and prevent you from bidding on them (which wouldn't work anyway but would give you an error "cannot bid on your own auctions" or something). May be used in some other places too but nothing too important.

edit: as i've also replied in the cooldowns thread, the fubar issue is fixed.

API: (http://vanilla-wow.wikia.com/wiki/World_of_Warcraft_API)

framexml: (https://github.com/AtheneGenesis/Vanilla_enUS_FrameXML)

You can add/remove alts with chars add/remove. Doesn't do much but it will show auctions owned by those chars as owned by you in the listing and prevent you from bidding on them (which wouldn't work anyway but would give you an error "cannot bid on your own auctions" or something). May be used in some other places too but nothing too important.

edit: as i've also replied in the cooldowns thread, the fubar issue is fixed.

Man, I love you (no homo though)! If you have horde toons of K2 let me tip you with some gold. Or I can buy something from you on neutral AH!

Thanks for the offer but I only twink here and I have a 60 mage just to farm dm, so gold is usually not an issue :)

Alright then, next question. I was using informant for vendor prices and now I have it in aux tooltip, BUT! I have also GarbageFu, which grabs vendor prices in several places, and for example Informant call looks like:

Code:
   local itemData = Informant.GetItem(item.id) 
   if (itemData and itemData['buy'] and itemData['buy'] ~= 0) then return itemData['sell'], "|cff0077ffVI" end

So, is there easy call to some Aux function with item link to get vendor price, so I could add it to GarbageFu. Or, as a request, could you add such function, but which will return max of ah price and vendor price, so I would know that some item is cheap for vendoring but pretty expensive for AH sell.

ps: actuall, GarbageFu has same request for Auctioneer prices, so all I need now is to know 2 functions to get AH price and vendor price.

Last edited:
I had to make a small change to the module system to make it possible to access modules outside of modules, so you'll need the newest version for this:

vendor info
Code:
vendor_sell, vendor_buy, limited_supply = require'aux.core.cache'.merchant_info(item_id)

historical value (item_key is a string containing the item id and suffix id separated by a colon, e.g. '5:10')
Code:
historical_value = require'aux.core.history'.value(item_key)

Thanks! It works, now I'm 99% happy customer. The only problem was to detect if Aux on or off. In case of informant, garbage fu was doing just getglobal("Informant") and if true, turn option on. Aux doesn't put itself into globals, so only thing I found to check if aux is enabled was getglobal("SLASH_AUX1").

Question is, is there nice way to check in _G if Aux in enabled?

Oh, good, good. Well, in GarbageFu there is too much deprecated code now, it does check Informant, WoWecon, and like 5 more different sources of prices, put hooks on AH scanning and so on, I guess for starter I will just cut extra functions and reduce to Aux. All I generally wanted is selling gray drop and some useless white drop, with easy adding/removing. Also I thought it would check higher price in vendor and historical, but actually I have to select manually which source I need, so this part needs adjustment as well.

Top Bottom