• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

[AddOn] Clean BG Map

Drood

What it does:
- automatically shows BattlefieldMinimap when in BG and automatically hides it when not
- clears the unnecessary parts of the map
- changes scale when clicked
- other: keybinds and minimal customization

cleanbgmap.jpg

List of commands:
/cbgm enable | disable | show | hide | lock | unlock | reset | scale [0.66-3] | altscale [0.66-3] | anchor [topright | topleft | bottomright | bottomleft] | strata [1-4]

The first four are obvious.
/cbgm show - if you want to see the minimap when outside a BG (lost on loading screen)
/cbgm lock - unregisters mouseclicks for the map so that you can click through it (as is Blizzard's default)
/cbgm unlock - makes the map alternate between two scales when clicked (this is the new default)
/cbgm scale and /cbgm altscale (followed by a number between 0.66 and 3) - changes the default values of the two scales
/cbgm reset - resets the scales and positions the map in the centre
/cbgm anchor - changes the position of the minimap relative to the Tab that says "Battle map"
/cbgm strata - changes the Frame Strata of the BGmap (default is 2 i.e. "LOW")

Link: https://www.mediafire.com/?3kpk7krwrctqw1y

Please report any problems.

So how do I make this map narrow like on a screenshot? All commands are ok, scale, enable/disable, show, anchor position, meaning the addon is working.. I can zoom in when I click on the BG map too, but it's wide just as the default one.

You might have some conflicting addon? Has always been narrow for me.

Where does this happen? The map is only supposed to be narrow in WSG, AB and AV, and it happens automatically.

Have you ever seen it work? Under any circumstances? What happens when you try typing
Code:
/run _G["BattlefieldMinimap1"]:SetTexture(nil)

Nope, I've installed the addon few days ago and I never saw it narrow, always like in the screenshot above.. The code doesn't change anything :S

Yeah, it's blackframe addon for textures, don't use ModUI.. I don't like the looks of those new ones, like to keep everything as simple as possible and these are just that :d

I don't know, Sarei, I cannot reproduce the problem. The code should disable the upper-left corner, at least temporarily.

There is an undeclared _G which causes an error in BGs unless it is declared as a global by some other addon. As far as I know _G exists by default since TBC but in vanilla you have to declare it manually.
Sarei, try to add this line to the beginning of CleanBGmap.lua:
Code:
local _G = getfenv()

Ha, didn't know that. I replaced all instances of it with getglobal(), I suppose it should be fine now. The link is updated.

Top Bottom