• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

[AddOn] cleanup - automatically stacks and sorts your items, extremely fast

Hi bit,

It's a great addon that you've made! I use it a lot. If possible I would like to make a request for a command which initiates the sorting the same way the button does. Would that be possible?

I'd like to call it from a macro along with a few different other addon commands in my RingMenu.

If you don't need the button also you can put the library (naming it for example y.lua) into a folder (naming the folder for example x) then add a file called x.toc with the content y.lua and you've got an addon.

Hello Bit
W54CUuu.jpg

Zh0cViO.jpg

Hello,

I want to use this addon but I can't place it on my OneBag frame.

I have verified that the proper frame is the OneBag frame with this command:
/run DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(GetMouseFocus():GetName());

I have tried to place the button directly in the proper frame with this command:
/cleanupbags OneBagFrame
but after this command, I am still on the WorldFrame...

I tryed to click in order to switch from frame to frame but DPSMate has a lot of frame and the frame switch function never find the OneBagFrame... (it stops after something like 30 frames switches)

As an additional information, I am using the RisenUI...

Thanks bit,
I will try to be more precise.

**/cleanupbags** (starts button placement mode)
--> it works :)
**Right-click** to iterate through the frames below the cursor to choose a parent for the button.
--> it does not reach the OneBag frame even if my cursor is under the OneBag Frame

At this step... I am stuck
Maybe I missed something...

"cursor is under the OneBag" It needs to be on the frame. If it is I think you're just not clicking long enough. You may well have to click through 100 frames if you have a few other addons.

Bit, thx for the great job here. Just one question. Grey items autosell works, that you meniotned early? Doesn't work for me.
thx again!

No, that's gone. I ran into some issues like some unsellable grays and and since there are already addons for this which allow for exceptions and other features like "autoprofit" and it was kind of awkward to have it bound to the sorting anyway I decided to remove it.

I have been using this addon since August but this is the first time I've seen this thread. My primary uses for Clean_Up is for sorting and selling of gray items. Originally I used Clean_Up with the stock Blizzard bags but I have recently switched to OneBag. I have 2 issues with the current version:

1) With the newer /cleanupbags command, I literally have to right click over 100 times to find OneBagFrame. It was so much simpler to just type it out. I guess the fix is to disable all other addons (DPSMate has a lot of frames!) and then set the button on the OneBagFrame.

2) I am sad to see selling of gray items is no longer supported. Please consider bringing this feature back.

I tried an old version of Clean_Up from Oct 11 and the /cleanupbags command let me place the button directly on OneBagFrame. This is much simpler than the current working. It also lets me sell gray items. :clap:

Question for OneBag users: When your onebag grows (due to upgrading bags from say, 6 slots to 10 slots) do you always have to reposition the Clean_Up button? The reason I ask, is because I want to change the SavedVariables to not be 'PerCharacter' however all of my alts have various size bags so the button is in a different place every time.

Last edited:
It was easier when it worked. The problem is, the old mechanism only worked for mouse enabled frames. I don't think it's that big a deal having to click through a few more frames seeing as you only have to do that once per character. And the really old mechanism of typing the name of the frame I don't think is really an option because I doubt most people want to go through the lua code of their bag addons or wherever they want to place it to find the frame names. Besides, the future is pfUI (https://github.com/shagu/pfUI) :) with the library version of clean up (https://github.com/shirsig/Clean_Up-lib).
For selling grays I use this now which even has some additional useful features: http://www.vanilla-addons.com/dls/autoprofit/.

Question for OneBag users: When your onebag grows (due to upgrading bags from say, 6 slots to 10 slots) do you always have to reposition the Clean_Up button? The reason I ask, is because I want to change the SavedVariables to not be 'PerCharacter' however all of my alts have various size bags so the button is in a different place every time.

Yeah, well, that problem is the reason why I didn't make it account wide myself. I don't think there's a solution that would work in a generic way for all bag addons. You would just have to hardcode the positioning specifically for the specific location where you want it on onebag. It wouldn't even work generically for onebag as it would have to anchor to a different side depending on where you want it.

Last edited:
Hello bit, could you please consider the possibility to add a command that put directly the button in one bag / one bank ?
I am using RisenUI and when I disable all the addon in order to place the button, it works for the button placement but it fuck the others addons predefined placement when I reactivate them.
For the moment, and for this specific problem, it's easier for me to use the Clean-Up version provided by Trajor

Last edited:
There's now a new version here which is based on the library version (the old gui version is now obsolete) https://github.com/shirsig/Clean_Up_GUI

The button placement mode has been changed a bit. It now goes through all frames which are even more than the ones just below the cursor, but you can now scroll through them with the mouse wheel, also backwards (ctrl-mouse wheel is now used for resizing) so this should make finding the right one a lot faster.

How can I attach this to the default blizzard bags and/or Bagnon? I cannot find either frame when choosing where to place the button. Thanks!

Last edited:
Hello bit,

I tried this new version on a fresh RisenUI install (ie:with a lot of addon already installed) and it's working :)
The frame selection is still long but I eventualy found the OneBagFrame... that's what is important to me :)

Many thanks for this new version.

Hello bit,

I tried this new version on a fresh RisenUI install (ie:with a lot of addon already installed) and it's working :)
The frame selection is still long but I eventualy found the OneBagFrame... that's what is important to me :)

Many thanks for this new version.

How!? I am doing the same thing and as I scroll through the frames I do not see the OneBagFrame. It just seems to be looping forever.

How!? I am doing the same thing and as I scroll through the frames I do not see the OneBagFrame. It just seems to be looping forever.

One trick I had to do was disable every addon but CleanUp and my bag addon (if you use one), then start cycling through all the frames.

Hi, I use it on E l y s i u m and sometimes... the items becomes gray and it blocks the cleanup function.

I couldn't get the placement of the icon to work using Bagnon. It would not let me select any Bagnon frame for some reason. For anyone having the same issue, I solved it like this:

- Go to your WTF folder and browse to Clean_Up_GUI.lua (in your \WTF\Account\Accountname\Servername\Charactername\SavedVariables)
- Open Clean_Up_GUI.lua with Notepad or Notepad++
- Fill in the following if you want to icon to show in your Bagnon bag UI:
Code:
Clean_Up_GUI_Settings = {
    ["bags"] = {
        ["position"] = {
            [1] = 145,
            [2] = -2,
        },
        ["scale"] = 0.85,
        ["parent"] = "BagnonTitle",
    },